• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who said that the AF15 is cooling off?

20 posts in this topic

lol

I'm really surprised that book sold for that much with replaced staples and the top and bottom cover trimmed :eek:

You would be surprised at how many people don`t know about that stuff, I didn`t find out about this CGC board till 2007 and I am sure there are plenty of other people who still haven`t found out.

lol

I'm really surprised that book sold for that much with replaced staples and the top and bottom cover trimmed :eek:

You would be surprised at how many people don`t know about that stuff, I didn`t find out about this CGC board till 2007 and I am sure there are plenty of other people who still haven`t found out.

Were you bidding $4K on comic books in purple labels before you "knew about this stuff"?

lol

Were you bidding $4K on comic books in purple labels before you "knew about this stuff"?

(thumbs u What he said.

lol

Yeah, I was too. I have an unrestored CGC 5.0 up on ebay that I'm feeling pretty good about right now. We we see what happens though...

Replaced staples doesn't bother me, but the trim job is horrible.

Makes me really wish I had bought the 7.0, that was no where near this ugly, from Metropolis for less than $6K a few months ago.

Can't recall if it was just reinforced, or if it had pieces added, but it had some color touch.

No trimming.

lol

Believe me I have friends who don`t know what Apparant means and these people were going to spend thousands. Joe six packs with money who only want the keys. They don`t even know this board exists.

lol

Believe me I have friends who don`t know what Apparant means and these people were going to spend thousands. Joe six packs with money who only want the keys. They don`t even know this board exists.

I'm going purple. :whistle:

That's an outstanding looking 5.0! You can bet that will be cracked and sold as an unrestored 8.0 at some point.

Buyer beware!

I know, you all want me to have faith in humanity, but I have seen it so many times before, you just have to wonder what the motive is when someone drops $4000 on reallly nice looking book that is worth about half what they paid.

Then again, I am not amazed by stupidity any more than by greed. It is a head shaker any way you look at it.

lol

You need to hang out in better circles. :whistle:

lol

lol

lol

lol

Yeah , I've got friends with no front teeth that smoke crack from their toilet seat and then turn tricks on the corner for a few bucks. I know they would buy this sort of thing. :/