• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm thankful it's the season finale of "Heroes" tonight...

49 posts in this topic

I'm thankful it's the season finale of Heroes tonight as I'm looking forward to not making myself watch it. lol Well, it's not that bad but I felt more of a "completionist's obligation" to keep watching it. I think this year's been pretty lame so far. Hopefully for the show I'm not an indication of what will happen but I'm doubting I'll watch it if it returns in the fall.

I feel like the show goes nowhere and yet to the similar storyline over and over. Maybe it's just too hard to keep it consistent without falling into too many superhero cliches. I still don't get Ali Larter's character switch? (But she is hot. lol ) It seems to me that they trip over heroes all over the place. (In a grocery line? Wow, the clerk has powers! Getting fast food? Look out for the fry boy's power!)

Ah well, it's time for the break and not feeling like I may miss it turning good. Babylon 5 was one I stuck with past Season 1 and was rewarded with one of the best sci-fi shows for me until the very end. I couldn't stomach Star Trek by then.

You know, this seems the same with some of my modern comics I buy. I keep buying a title waiting for it to get good. Thankfully I've tried to conquer that addiction lately.

I feel the same way. I've been hoping that the story would get interesting again week after week. The writers just suck. They did however stop going back and for in time doh!

I was all nutty for it from the beginning.

It has been the only TV I would watch.

It was kinda nice actually to have a show I cared about.

Then about 3-4 episodes into this season I stopped watching when I realized why I liked it to begin with even though it is so repetitive and abuses its own characters, consistently.

I liked it because the cheerleader is hot.

Then, I realized that she isn't hot, especially when they try to make her look like a 35 year old French ho.

One night my wife looked at me & said: "She was such a pretty girl. They've ruined her."

My wife was right.

Now my Monday's are free to post things like this: how much Heroes sucks & why I no longer watch it.

Does Sylar still have a little boy sidekick? doh!

Obligatory headbanger :headbang:

I can't wait for it to end either yet I must see all the episodes to make sure I'm never tempted by a boxset in the future.

I hope it gets cancelled at the end of this season so the writers and producers can move on to other ideas. :wishluck:

Funny...I watched it first season and gave up...(heroes) My husband keeps watching,,,,save the cheerleader save the world it lost its touch.

LOVED 24 the first year or two, but again....got too much of the same....and too many new cast members. They should of left the actual 24 hrs (1 hr per show) behind and just made it a regular series, like everything else.

Prison Break on the other hand I was hooked! And sad the are getting rid of it!!!!

Heroes is my favorite show currently on television.

I still like StarWars and Seinfeld is my favorite show of all time.

I guess i just like things people hate.

Oh and tonight's episode of Heroes rocked...looking forward to the 4th Season/5th Volume in the fall...very curious where this new storyline is gonna go.

I stopped watching a while back. This show never recovered from the writer's strike and lost its momentum. :( Geek Alert: I remember going "YEAH!" out loud when nathan flew for the first time :headbang:

But now... :P

Stopped watching Heroes after season two, just seemed to lose its appeal to me.

24 and The Shield I'm still watching, and it will be a killer to see The Shield finally wind up.

I haven't seen Prison Break since season two either as being a Virgin Media customer we had Sky 1 taken off us for a couple of years :mad:

I watch Heroes regularly, but it is a really bad show. Characters change their core personalities episode to episode, many of the complications come across as contrived, and some characters aren't written out; they just disappear--where exactly did Molly go? Sloppy, embarrassingly so. But I still watch it. It must be some kind of sickness or OCD. :insane:

It's easy to hate on stuff.

I, for one, loved this show this season. Way better than last season.

Tonights episode was just great. I loved all the twists. Do I wish a couple things had turned out differently? Yes. But all in all, this season, imo, was great.

Can't wait for "Redemption"!