• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm thankful it's the season finale of "Heroes" tonight...

49 posts in this topic

The reason Heroes no longer retains my interest, while LOST still has me every Wednesday night, is the level of acting.

Both have convoluted story lines (with time travel no less), but it seems like the Heroes actors are B- at best. Parkman can not act to save his life (incidentally he was the pilot who was eaten by the smoke monster in the first episode of LOST). The characters can't seem to display the proper emotions to convey the scene. This is in total contrast to LOST. There, the actors are top notch (IMHO). Makes a big difference to me.

It's easy to hate on stuff.

I, for one, loved this show this season. Way better than last season.

Tonights episode was just great. I loved all the twists. Do I wish a couple things had turned out differently? Yes. But all in all, this season, imo, was great.

Can't wait for "Redemption"!

:applause::headbang::headbang:

Agree, I watch all three Heroes , 24 and LOST and only watched this season of heroes becasue I felt like seeing the season to an end BUT will not go back. 24 is an amazing show BUT LOST is absolutley the greatest show I have ever watched. I think heroes could have been as great, but they have bad acting, bad writing and too many charachters/covoluted scripts that are hard to follow. Its what happened to the XFiles. Well one of the reasons the xfiles fell apart. Incredible acting on lost. The chemistry between Locke and Ben is incredible, Hurley and Miles, the friction between Jack and Sawyer. Even the time travel was cool. And the writing is incredible. And to set an end point as LOST did while its still a top 20 show is smart.

The reason Heroes no longer retains my interest, while LOST still has me every Wednesday night, is the level of acting.

Both have convoluted story lines (with time travel no less), but it seems like the Heroes actors are B- at best. Parkman can not act to save his life (incidentally he was the pilot who was eaten by the smoke monster in the first episode of LOST). The characters can't seem to display the proper emotions to convey the scene. This is in total contrast to LOST. There, the actors are top notch (IMHO). Makes a big difference to me.

Stopped watching Heroes after season two, just seemed to lose its appeal to me.

24 and The Shield I'm still watching, and it will be a killer to see The Shield finally wind up.

I haven't seen Prison Break since season two either as being a Virgin Media customer we had Sky 1 taken off us for a couple of years :mad:

The last season of the Shield was great. Truly one of the best series finales ever.

I still watch it...on tuesday morn on nbc.com... 24 for me!

I still watch it as well but find myself having more fun watching Chuck and Reaper. What can I say, the chicks are hot, spies are cool and sending demons back to hell is like the best job ever. :grin: Oh, and I still watch Smallville because I am a geek.

The key to Heroes is actually a person... Bryan Fuller. I remember when Heroes really hooked me and it was with the 17th episode " Company Man " in the first season.

That episode was written by Co-Executive Producer Bryan Fuller.

And then he left...

(He recently came back and wrote the episode "Cold Snap" this season which closed a lot of plotlines and advanced the story.)

Another indication that I may give up on "Heroes": I fell asleep last night right after Sylar got leveled by Michael Dorn/Petrilli boy. Woke up a few minutes later and they were burning a body? I swear, I can't keep up with some of the ever changing powers. You need a scorecard.

I find it difficult to maintain interest in a series past 2 or 3 seasons. I like stories that have endings I guess. My wife watched all 15 years of ER and keeps on watching so much TV but I cant do it.

I watched Life on Mars and was actually ok with it ending after 2 seasons...at least they had an actual ending.

I did watch Moonlighting religiously though.

You know, I thought it was me as the first season I was nuts over the show. Season two I was enjoying it. Season three after a few episodes I was wanting my time back as it appeared so disjointed.

Now "Lost," I fought watching it as it looked like an odd show. Then my Blockbuster manager who I am friends with gave me the entire 1st season to watch. Now that is a captivating show. They had me after the 2nd episode.

Anybody watch "Rescue Me" on FX? That one and "The Shield" still keep me glued to the shows as well.

Anybody watch "Rescue Me" on FX?

'Rescue Me' is compulsive viewing...close to my favourite show, right now, having just finished Season 4. :headbang:

I too had given up on 'Heroes' halfway through season 2, but might go back to watching it once I pick up the full series on a cheap DVD deal. I find that I can't watch things on TV, even if I record them, as the time never seems to be right, or we've deleted them, or we've only got one episode outstanding, or...

I therefore buy everything on a season-length DVD set and watch the episodes 2/3/4 at a time. Makes for great evenings in with the wife, as she tends to like everything that I like. (thumbs u

Almost without exception, the shows originate in the US, as the vast majority of UK drama is either period pieces (which I loathe) or utter shite (which I also loathe).

Over the last five years or so, we've watched a hell of a lot of US shows (all seasons) from the last decade that I'd thoroughly recommend...

Must-Sees

The West Wing

Battlestar Galactica

The Sopranos

Rescue Me

Enjoyable

Alias

Millenium (first two seasons)

Weeds

Heroes

The one that I haven't watched, that it sounds like I should, is 'The Shield'. That might be next on the list. hm

Head up for LOST FANS if you DVR it. Tonights episode will start late IF the presidential speech goes over 9PM. Hopefully it will start on time BUT it could always start at 9:05 or 9:25 etc.

Tonights the 100 episode and the return of Daniel Faraday.

And what a smart move by FOX to not air the speech . Its May sweeps and "lie to Me" will have no competition and folks who dont want to watch the President talk will possibly tune in as there nothing else on.The show dosent have good rating but this could make the ratings through the roof. Its a little underhanded i suppose since the other networks are expected to carry it but hey its a terriffic idea i suppose.

"Heroes" is just terrible. One of the worst shows I've ever sat through. It's a poorly-written, poorly-acted, ham-fisted rip-off of what is (at times) only marginally better source material.

However, like someone else said earlier in the thread, I don't want to NOT see this season through and then later feel some strange compulsion to do so... So I will watch the last episode on my DVR this afternoon and then cancel the recording altogether.

Anybody watch "Rescue Me" on FX?

'Rescue Me' is compulsive viewing...close to my favourite show, right now, having just finished Season 4. :headbang:

I too had given up on 'Heroes' halfway through season 2, but might go back to watching it once I pick up the full series on a cheap DVD deal. I find that I can't watch things on TV, even if I record them, as the time never seems to be right, or we've deleted them, or we've only got one episode outstanding, or...

I therefore buy everything on a season-length DVD set and watch the episodes 2/3/4 at a time. Makes for great evenings in with the wife, as she tends to like everything that I like. (thumbs u

Almost without exception, the shows originate in the US, as the vast majority of UK drama is either period pieces (which I loathe) or utter shite (which I also loathe).

Over the last five years or so, we've watched a hell of a lot of US shows (all seasons) from the last decade that I'd thoroughly recommend...

Must-Sees

The West Wing

Battlestar Galactica

The Sopranos

Rescue Me

Enjoyable

Alias

Weeds

Heroes

The one that I haven't watched, that it sounds like I should, is 'The Shield'. That might be next on the list. hm

Yes, get the Shield and the Wire. And then get the greatest show of the last decade - Deadwood!

Must-Sees

The West Wing

Battlestar Galactica

The Sopranos

Rescue Me

Enjoyable

Alias

Weeds

Heroes

You might want to check out The Wire too. I'm a fan of a lot of the shows on your list and I think The Wire is one of the best tv shows of all-time. I can't think of series I've ever enjoyed more.