• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk #1 Opinions?????

45 posts in this topic

Because as a seller, he puts himself in the position that he's not hiding anything. The worst thing would be if the book was trimmed. If he gets it certified by CGC, that possibility is cleared, and would bring more money for the seller. It also assures both parties of the actual grade, so nothing is hidden.

Beautiful book, man. If I had the coin, I'd be on it like swine flu on a spanish fly.

FWIW, I say 6.0 MP. (thumbs u

And CGC will also check for things like a married cover, married centerfold, or the like. Some collectors may even consider those things worse than trimming. This book will sell for several thousand dollars, and anyone spending that kind of money will want to know exactly what they're getting.

I just personally don't think the seller will get more for this raw vs slabbed. Reason being that the buyer would probably pay the same for this raw or slabbed, so why not have the buyer drop the coin in getting it CGC'd? I just think the seller will be investing money into something that is going to sell for the same price anyway.

where can I get a submission form? I need to send it in tomorrow before rates go up on May 1.

this is what I do...

go to comicspriceguide.com and click the link

you'll save 10%

or you can become a member of the society and get 3 free submissions. but then again that costs around $100..

If you list it (on ebay, I presume) raw, put a reserve on it to protect yourself. However, if you get it graded be forewarned that there are some heavy hitters on these boards who refuse to bid on reserve auctions. Most say start it low ($0.99) and let the buyers decide the price.

You could always put it on comiclink for a "reserve price" and see what kind of offers you get.

My gut reaction tells me that selling a restored SA Key ungraded and without professional certification is asking for trouble. I see a high likelihood of 1 of 2 things happening:

1) People are hesitant about buying an ungraded book that has restoration with no certificate, so you won't realize the true value of this book. You could be leaving a lot of money on the table.

2) You open yourself up to a buyer who wants to cause problems and claims that there is more restoration than is actually disclosed. Many of us know how fun ebay disputes can be. meh

In my opinion, you should at least TRY to sell it on the boards. Sell it to a reputable board member and you won't get jerked around. Plus, you'll avoid the pain of ebay fees. But I still think that unless you need the money now, you should send it in for grading. The increased sale price you'd get would far outweigh the slabbing fees.

My gut reaction tells me that selling a restored SA Key ungraded and without professional certification is asking for trouble. I see a high likelihood of 1 of 2 things happening:

1) People are hesitant about buying an ungraded book that has restoration with no certificate, so you won't realize the true value of this book. You could be leaving a lot of money on the table.

2) You open yourself up to a buyer who wants to cause problems and claims that there is more restoration than is actually disclosed. Many of us know how fun ebay disputes can be. meh

In my opinion, you should at least TRY to sell it on the boards. Sell it to a reputable board member and you won't get jerked around. Plus, you'll avoid the pain of ebay fees. But I still think that unless you need the money now, you should send it in for grading. The increased sale price you'd get would far outweigh the slabbing fees.

^^

I think you are all missing the big crease on the bottom rt. of the FC - and the CT on the the chip repair is pretty obvious. 5.5 Moderate resto.

Still a decent looking copy

And I think you've got it right. No way this gets an 8.0 with a 4-5 inch corner crease that breaks color.

Still, it's a big scan which intensifies defects and it is a Hulk #1, afterall. Lovely book that should be graded and will likely fall in the 5.0 - 6.0 range.

good luck... :wishluck:

Oops. I couldn't see the crease with my other monitor. Yeah, not an 8.0 at all. Probably in the 5.5/6.0 range I guess. Still, trying to sell this book raw is asking for trouble.

DO NOT SELL THIS BOOK

you will be giving it away, I don't care if you are buying baby shoes or new lung transplant.

This is one of the hardest Marvels to get and the price will find you one day like $5k no kidding

Here is my list of rarest silver age for Marvel

Tales to Astonish 27

Journey Into Mystery 83

Amazing Fantasy 15

Incredible Hulk 1

IF you do go ahead and get it graded through me or Heritage Comics Auctions get 20% off fees.