• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Sad, sad news...

41 posts in this topic

I am truely sorry to hear about your loss.

It's always that damn umbilical cord. My mother told me when I came out the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was 5 shades of blue. Luckily it happened on the way out and I was only out of oxygen of 30 seconds to a minute. The doctors were able to bring me out of it.

I am glad to hear the painful experience has brought you and your wife closer, that is a bright side to this sad story. So often these events pull couples appart. It sounds like you have a strong relationship together, never let that go! flowerred.gif

Timely

I am truely sorry to hear about your loss.

It's always that damn umbilical cord. My mother told me when I came out the umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and I was 5 shades of blue. Luckily it happened on the way out and I was only out of oxygen of 30 seconds to a minute. The doctors were able to bring me out of it.

I am glad to hear the painful experience has brought you and your wife closer, that is a bright side to this sad story. So often these events pull couples appart. It sounds like you have a strong relationship together, never let that go! flowerred.gif

Timely

My second child had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck three times. The way the doctor had to twist and pull, I thought he was going to pull his little head off. I passed out and hit the floor. He's twenty-two now and in the Air Force (in hospital training). He is the biggest blessing in my life and I hate to think what life would be without him.

I can only imagine the pain of losing a child, and my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Jeff, so sorry.

Almost two years ago I became a father through an unplanned pregnancy. Prior to that, I never thought I would ever love another human being as much as I love my son. It truly is a life changing event.

Sometimes, I lie in bed and think of all the horrible things that can happen to him in this crazy world and hurts me. If something ever happened to my bright, shining and happy little boy, I truly believe my life would shut down.

Again, sorry for your loss and my deepest sympathies to you and your wife.

My wife went through a similar experiance about 12 years ago (before I met her) and, to this day, I cannot comprehend the pain that her and her husband were going through...

Please accept my condolences to you and your wife.

I'm home sick today and my 14 year old daughter is also home on Christmas break. I just went to her room and gave her a big hug and kiss (she was asleep). She asked "What was that for?". I had her come in and read your post. She cried and gave me a big hug and now I'm crying. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but if it makes any difference you just helped a dad and his daughter come a little closer together at a time when all she wants to do is get away. flowerred.gif

I am truly saddened by your loss. My thoughts are with you and your wife right now.

Having spent over 4 years trying to have a baby, I know how difficult it can be to be successful, and fail. Never give up hope for the future, but always remember the past.

I know it is easy for me to say this, but life will get better...not right away, but take things one day at a time. Take care of yourselves, and my deepest condolensces.

Alex

Oh God...That breaks my heart just to hear it. I am so sorry, and I can't say I could possibly understand how you must feel, but I'm certainly in sympathy for both of you.

I'm also in sympathy for Thomas, who misses out on having a neat father.

My sincerest condolences to you and your wife. My daughter is the most precious thing in my world, and I second much of MinuteKev's sentiments in that regard. I hope that 2004 proves to have a better ending for you and yours than 2003 did.

Oh, gosh, I'm so terribly sorry to hear that. My brother and his wife went through a similar thing with 3 miscariages (1 was very late term, like your wife's). They thought they'd never be able to have children, but thankfully, the next two were perfect little babies. My niece and nephew had a good Christmas, not realizing what miracles they were.

Please know that you and your wife are both in my prayers, with a special prayer that the next pregnancy ends with a healthy, happy baby.

-- Joanna

I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and well-wishes. It's amazing to both my wife and I that a group of people that have never met either one of us can show such compassion and caring.

Thanks especially to those of you who spoke of your own experience with losing a child. No matter how much time has passed, I doubt it gets any easier to talk about.

Julie and I are doing pretty well. We understand what happened, and that it was noone's fault. We're both very sad, but we're slowly getting back to our normal activities.

Thanks again, and may everyone have a great New Year.

Jeff & Julie Delaney

Jeff and Julie,

Our most sincere condolences and prayers are with you during this time. My wife and I know a couple who are close friends who went through something similar and it was just amazing to see them grow even closer in love over this tragedy.

Happy New Year to you as well and I look forward to hearing better news for you in the future. smile.gif

Jeff I feel your pain. You feel that your the first people to go through it and that no one else understands. Eleven years ago , my ex-wife and i were expecting twins and you can imagine the chaos that transpired when one twin had miscarried at six months. And they told us that she would have to carry both till the end. Well, the miscarried twin (a girl) caused her to have contractions a few days later and she ended up delivering them both at six months. The strong one, a boy, has 2lbs 13 oz and it was a long two months, with many obstacles before we could bring him home from the Neontal ICU - I was only 24 at the time and working in a video store with really not the most mature mind set. Not sure where I was going in life and those were the WORST of times.......

btw, Brandon (as he is named) is now 11 yrs old and i now work as a RN in that very hospital.....isn't life weird ?

I really am sorry for you and Julie. You are in my thoughts as well as most of these fine people have allready voiced. Best of Luck.