• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Sad, sad news...

41 posts in this topic

Several months ago, I announced on these boards that my wife and I were going to have a baby.

Names were chosen, tiny clothes were purchased, and so many hopes and dreams filled our hearts.

On December 9th, my wife and I went for an ultrasound. Julie was seven months pregnant, and although she'd felt kicking just the night before, it was quickly apparent that our baby's heart had stopped beating.

Our doctor was contacted. She explained that chances are the baby passed away as a result of a problem with the umbilical cord. She induced labor, and on December 10th my wife gave birth to Thomas Glenn Delaney.

We buried our son a few days later. It's a beautiful spot, under a shady tree. It's ironic, when we chose the name Tom Delaney, I said to my wife that it sounded like a John Wayne character from an old John Ford movie. Now our baby is buried about fifty yards away from the Duke.

I don't tell you all this because I'm looking for sympathy. But if you're lucky enough to have kids, give them a good long hug. Never take them for granted. Never for a minute forget that you had the amazing privileage of bringing a new life into this world.

My wife and I both feel about ten years older. Trivial things seem SO much more trivial. The good news is that the loss has brought us closer together than we ever imagined possible. And if we ever have the honor of bringing a life into this world, we'll welcome a hungry cry at 3am, changing diapers, and the terrible twos.

Life is so incredibly fragile. Hug your wife. Hug your kids. We are all SO lucky to have this time on Earth.

There are no words. I am (as are many others, I'm sure) simultaneously heartsick with your loss and profoundly grateful for your courage in spreading your message of love.

Thank you, and I am so very, very sorry.

-Logan

I've been in a really bad mood the last few days, but when I hear something like this, I realize how ridiculous it was to be grumpy about the stupid insignificant events that caused me to be in the mood I'm in.

Like what has already been said, I don't really have any words that can do justice to you and your wife's loss. I realize there is no real "bright" side, but when the time comes for you and your wife to bring a healthy baby into this world, I imagine the hapiness and joy you will feel will be amplified. And that will be one lucky baby, since his parents would be incapable of taking him for granted, even for a second. I hope you and your wife can salvage what's left of this Holiday, and just take the time to heal eachother.

Best wishes,

Andrew Knight

This has got to be a tough time for you and your wife, so mine and my family hearts go out to you. Prior to the birth of my first daughter my wife had a miscarriage and was very devastating to us as it was on her Birthday. We now have two beautiful and healthy daughters, and I wish you the same kind of luck!!!

Jeff,I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I truely understand. My wife and I lost a baby six years ago. My wife had a miscarrage the day after Mother's Day. It plunged us both into depression, but we got through it because our marriage is strong. It made us closer than ever. It really makes you appreciate life more and realise how fragile life really is. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your wife at this time.

My deepest sympathies. My wife miscarried on Christmas Day - it was early in the pregnancy, but cast quite a pall on the day. It was the second time this year (the previous being on Mother's Day) and we just have to hope things work out better next time. Knowing how I felt at such an early stage, I can imagine the heartbreak for you at such a late stage must be extreme. All I can do is wish you good luck in the future.

Gary

Please let me and my wife extend my deepest condolences on your loss. As I get older things are put into proper perspective, as I don't let trivial things bother me as much. My son Parker (and my entire family) is the light in my life. Your family are in my prayers.

My family and I send our most sincere condolences. It made me go hug my kids and be thankful for my wonderful family. I wish the greatest happiness and prosperity in the future for you and your future family. Thanks for putting life in perspective today for a lot of us.

God bless.

My best wishes to you and your wife in this sad time. I cannot imagine what you are going through emotionally, but you seem to have a strong positive attitude and have been brought closer together.... and I am confident you will see it through, as best you can.