• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Block illiterate eBayer "dharry358" - eBay needs to go out of business

396 posts in this topic

I totally emphathize. I've been selling on eBay for over 10 years and the one neg I got was from a kid who didn't know what she was looking for and left her negative feedback BEFORE I could even offer to make her happy. (Even when the buyer is actually in "the wrong", I do my best to make sure everyone is happy with the transaction.)

However, although I have been relatively lucky in only getting that one neg in all of those years, the fact that the fees only go up up up at the same time that freedoms go down down down, definitely has my paranoia jumping. The Paypal monopoly, the lack of payment options, the continued dumping on sellers...it's got me pretty fed up.

BUT...I'm not sure where else to turn. Has anyone started up a class-action suit or anything? This monopoly thing seems legit to me, what can people do about it?

As long as eBay continues to reach the largest number of potential buyers, and no one has the capital to make a real run at them, they'll be able to get away with murder. But I am definitely open to any and all suggestions, and look forward to seeing where this thread goes.

(I believe this signals my first post after a long time of lurking.)

Cal - why don't you neg him back? Pop his 100% cherry.

Sellers can no longer leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. The worst he can do is not leave any FB, which is a joke, of course...

:frustrated:

-slym

BUT...I'm not sure where else to turn. Has anyone started up a class-action suit or anything? This monopoly thing seems legit to me, what can people do about it?

A class-action suit would be nice, but I don't have $ to start one and fund a lawyer. I recommend going to the BBB site and filing a complaint. If 1% of the unhappy sellers out there did this, I would imagine that would knock their "A" rating down a bit.

Oh, and WTTB!!!

-slym

Thanks Slym!

Ok, I will do my part and head over to the BBB and see what's up!

Cal - why don't you neg him back? Pop his 100% cherry.

Sellers can no longer leave anything but positive feedback for buyers. The worst he can do is not leave any FB, which is a joke, of course...

:frustrated:

-slym

doh! of course, my bad

I haven't been selling much on there lately, because I'm not wild about their rules for sellers...and I kept getting warning notices that I was not going to be a power seller any longer... doh!

However, I had a pleasant surprise as a buyer this morning...I bought some pillow cases, that were not as described (not the measurements specified in the ad) and after the seller didn't answer my email, I called the number on the order page...much to my surprise, I spoke to a really nice customer service rep and they REFUNDED me...instantly...I was shocked...no forms, nothing...it doesn't make me want to sell on there more often (although I will)...but as a buyer? WOW.

Then, I was dealing with a wise guy seller, on some very inexpensive treasury books, his descriptions all said "very nice" and I wrote before bidding to confirm...but when I got them (just tossed in a box)...they were in fair to good shape...he did offer to refund me, IF I returned them and paid shipping ...but only HALF of what I paid...he said he refuses to grade because of "problems like these".

So, I did neg him...not the 7 he deserved...but 2 (I saved the others, in case he starts harassing me)...and it was kind of pleasant not having to worry about a retaliatory neg...

Cal, I love ya, so take this with a grain of salt,

but what were you expecting to happen when one of the tenderest souls I know on CGC had an encounter with Dirty Harry?

man, if I were you, I'd only accept bidders with names like

HappyBunny4305

ShinySparklyFuntimeKid

SunshinesandUnicorns

I_love_puppies

I haven't been selling much on there lately, because I'm not wild about their rules for sellers...and I kept getting warning notices that I was not going to be a power seller any longer... doh!

However, I had a pleasant surprise as a buyer this morning...I bought some pillow cases, that were not as described (not the measurements specified in the ad) and after the seller didn't answer my email, I called the number on the order page...much to my surprise, I spoke to a really nice customer service rep and they REFUNDED me...instantly...I was shocked...no forms, nothing...it doesn't make me want to sell on there more often (although I will)...but as a buyer? WOW.

Then, I was dealing with a wise guy seller, on some very inexpensive treasury books, his descriptions all said "very nice" and I wrote before bidding to confirm...but when I got them (just tossed in a box)...they were in fair to good shape...he did offer to refund me, IF I returned them and paid shipping ...but only HALF of what I paid...he said he refuses to grade because of "problems like these".

So, I did neg him...not the 7 he deserved...but 2 (I saved the others, in case he starts harassing me)...and it was kind of pleasant not having to worry about a retaliatory neg...

(thumbs u

DRX

Ive only purchased two books off E-Bay the last two months. Both ended up in Paypal disputes filed. E-bay blows big time. The last book was paid for within an hour. No contact from seller, no book, just took the money. I guess "There all suicided missions". Thats a quote from some movie, I just dont remember which one it was. lol

DRX

Auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220401966082

Posted question:

"hi im interesterested in sevveral of your items. mostly the amazing spiderman issues. if I would bid of more then one and win more then one comic do u do some kinda of savinings on shipping? also will you be listing mroe silver age spiderman cgc graded soon aswel? please get back to me thankyou"

Wow, that's one that should be saved for posterity.

Negative feedback:

"Seller seems to have an aversion to courteousness!! ASK SIMPLE Q., get SARCASM-"

"AGAIN, SELLER SEEMS TO THINK BUYER IS LUCKY TO HAVE SELLER! COMPLETELY BACKWARDS"

Cal - clarify a few things:

- Did you get paid?

- Did the buyer get the books?

Of course the Buyer got the books

Yes I got paid - but you never know - the pinhead might claim I violated his Civil Rights and report me in some form of a hate crime and get PayPal to refund his money. I am beginning PayPal/eBay are the modern day Robin-Hoods: steal from the well-to-do and give to the illiterate poor.

CAL still smokin' mad :sumo:

but what were you expecting to happen when one of the tenderest souls I know on CGC had an encounter with Dirty Harry?

HappyBunny4305

ShinySparklyFuntimeKid

SunshinesandUnicorns

I_love_puppies

Wait a minute wait a minute slow down I am adding all of these to my blocked bidders list

That ShinySparklyFntimeKid just sounds like trouble

Cal if he sells you can always buy from him...I am sure he will answer some questions for you :devil:

HappyBunny4305

ShinySparklyFuntimeKid

SunshinesandUnicorns

I_love_puppies

Wait a minute wait a minute slow down I am adding all of these to my blocked bidders list

That ShinySparklyFntimeKid just sounds like trouble

Cal if he sells you can always buy from him...I am sure he will answer some questions for you :devil:

My memory is as long as my bluster...

CAL who never forgets drek.... :sumo:

Is this what he calls sarcasm?

"Yes we do combine shipping to save ship costs. The savings for combined shipping is detailed in the auction pages. I will be listing more ASM CGC comic books but unsure of when that time will be. Good luck in your bidding and thank you for interest in calamerica-collectibles' products! CAL"

Man he should read your posts I would characterize that as kindness and patience.