• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...YOUR BEST COMIC YOU OWN?

336 posts in this topic

Sorry, I have to add one more casket keeper. This book has been slabbed as CGC

9.2 White pages, Winnipeg pedigree. There is only one book graded higher in 9.6, none in 9.4 . Classic early GL, 1st Sinestro, and a pedigree. Life is good.

IMG_0517.jpg

Very nice book Bob.

Thanks. I bought it directly from Showcase New England Dan after he purchased the collection. I bought a few more but sent them back because I did not like the large signature. This GL 7 is the only one I kept because it was an impossible book to find in this condition, signature or not. I wish I had kept all the Winnipeg's

I purchased as they were all early SA stuff.

Did you previously own the JLA 8? Just curious, because its the only Winnipeg I have currently. Nice GL 7 BTW (thumbs u I know how hard it is to find in HG as I'm still searchin'.

To be honest, I don't remember what else I bought. The only one I can specifically remember is a JLA 5, I was real hesitant about returning that one.

JLA 8, yellow cover, is a tough book to find, congrats on owning the Winnipeg.

The two I like best.

Avengers4CGC94.jpg

Startling05090.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Of course, I'm more favorable toward the Startling, but I'm sure I'm in the minority.

Awesome XELA cover (worship) and don't even get me started about the Avengers 4 ..my god! absolute beauty totally iconic cover 9.4 (worship)

Amazing stuff so far gang!!! (worship) (worship) (worship)

My Showcase #22 CGC 3.0 is my best book and will be for a while but

here's are two of my favorites

1st is the very 1st SA book I ever bought.... <3 that cover!!!

amspidy66.jpg

Next is one of the coolest old books I own... Joe Maneely was amazing!

blackknight3.jpg

Sorry, I have to add one more casket keeper. This book has been slabbed as CGC

9.2 White pages, Winnipeg pedigree. There is only one book graded higher in 9.6, none in 9.4 . Classic early GL, 1st Sinestro, and a pedigree. Life is good.

IMG_0517.jpg

I'm gonna have to guess that bomber(in bomber bob) refers to Blue Bombers. You must be from Winnipeg. Cool that you have a pedigree book from your city. I'm looking for a nice Vancouver copy of something but haven't found it yet.

Here's my collection bests:

Golden Age books would be:

3rd highest graded. (2 in 9.0 an 1 in 9.2)

WonderWoman23002.jpg

Best Silver Age:

Sweet copy here. It'll probably among my next set going to CGC. It's really gorgeous in hand. The scan doesn't do it justice.

WonderWoman116.jpg

Best Bronze Age:

Tied for highest graded. 2 others in 9.6. This is the only Pedigree of the three.

WonderWoman201DonRosaCopy.jpg

I can't bring myself to post in this thread after some of the books that have been posted.
Im just too damned lazy to pull books and scan them. If I wanted to do that I would be running a sales thread.

I'll post it for you. ;)

One of only TWO Joker covers from the 100s that I don't have yet.

Guess which is the other one.... meh

Here is one of my favorite comics. Signed by Jack Kirby on the cover and John Byrne on the 1st page.

Wow, Jack Kirby's signature looks just like Chris Claremont's! (:

It is claremont. Don't know why I typed kirby. It was early in the morning and I was reading the kirby spiderman thread

I can't bring myself to post in this thread after some of the books that have been posted.
Im just too damned lazy to pull books and scan them. If I wanted to do that I would be running a sales thread.

I'll post it for you. ;)

168 (shrug)

I like both of these equally!

Action17CGC55001.jpg

action19CGC50001.jpg

:cloud9:

You stopped posting on the 365 thread, don't collect Actions that high?

I just purchased a Mile High #155 and I have a #158 (which is where my run will end) :):hi:

I'll post it for you. ;)

168 (shrug)

Yup.