• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iphone apps for collectors?

19 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen any good applications for managing comic lists for the iphone? I could see a really useful app around creating and managing want/have lists. I'd love to have this for going to shows and even just down to the local store - "Hmm, did I need issue 45 or 46?"

I had a customer come in the store and use his Iphone to get his excel spreadsheet from his google account. Apparently you can keep the lists online at google and access them there. Been meaning to try that but haven't gotten it done yet. Only drawback would be if internet connection stank. I have a free app called DOCUMENTS that will open spreadsheet and text documents once you email to yourself and download them to the phone.

There are several apps that allow you to use your iPhone to hold files.

I use Air Sharing and also something called Print n Share. (I also have WePrint to allow printing.)

Air Sharing handles RTF, Excel files, etc...

There are several apps that allow you to use your iPhone to hold files.

I use Air Sharing and also something called Print n Share. (I also have WePrint to allow printing.)

Air Sharing handles RTF, Excel files, etc...

Nice! Can't wait to try this as I'd love to be able to keep a copy of my database with me.

I don't see anything on collectorz.com about an iPhone app...where is it?

It was in an email they sent out to registered users. I can't find it so I guess I deleted it since I don't have an iPhone.

Collectorz just sent out an email about their iPhone app. Looks decent for $10 but you need Comic Collector Pro to use it. That's another $50. However, I must say, this program is really good and worth the $50, so it's win-win.

http://www.collectorz.com/comic/iphone-app.php

clzcomics-series.pngclzcomics-thumbs.png

clzcomics-comics.pngclzcomics-details.pngclzcomics-cover.png

Collectorz just sent out an email about their iPhone app. Looks decent for $10 but you need Comic Collector Pro to use it. That's another $50. However, I must say, this program is really good and worth the $50, so it's win-win.

http://www.collectorz.com/comic/iphone-app.php

clzcomics-series.pngclzcomics-thumbs.png

clzcomics-comics.pngclzcomics-details.pngclzcomics-cover.png

(thumbs u

I just downloaded this today.. can't wait to get home and import my collection to my phone

is it only for Modern/New comics>?

They rely on users to submit comic that aren't in the database already. They do a good job on getting the modern stuff up soon after it is released. As for the older and independent stuff there might be a place holder for the issue but no real deep info.

If you submit corrections you can use their forum here to alert the admins that there is a change to be made.

They are a really great group of folks. I've been using the software for about 5 or 6 years now.

is it only for Modern/New comics>?

No, in fact I don't use it for moderns at all. One of the handy features if being able to add books to the database but marking them as "Not In Collection". When I first got the program I entered every Marvel comic and a bunch of DC titles that I might get eventually. There are just skeleton records but they are in there and can be used for creating a want list. So now when I get a new book I go to the list, enter a much or as little information as I want and change the status to "In Collection".

It's really pretty simple.