• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Lebron and the CAVS going down hard

105 posts in this topic

Kobe had Shaq when he won he 3 rings. That is one of the top 3 centers of all time...

That's Jabbar, Russell, and Chamberlain. :baiting:

Just kidding. I love the Shaq-man! Easily one of the top 20 players of all time. Maybe even top 10! (thumbs u

the entire last week of NBA was just amazing. it's been a blast to watch every single game.

i dont care who wins, as long as all the games are close :)

Agreed.

Well, other than I want the Nuggs and Magic to win!

Man, the NBA would be seriously bummed if that happened.

Pat

Not saying it cost us the game, but the officiating in the LA-Denver game was RANK tonite...the flagrant 1 on Bynam was a joke...officials don't even understand the definition of their own rule...UFB! 59 to 35 freethrows I believe was the final tally... :tonofbricks::boo:

Not saying it cost us the game, but the officiating in the LA-Denver game was RANK tonite...the flagrant 1 on Bynam was a joke...officials don't even understand the definition of their own rule...UFB! 59 to 35 freethrows I believe was the final tally... :tonofbricks::boo:

There have been bad calls going both ways throughout the series, evens out in the end. Officiating had nothing to do with the Laker loss tonight, they were just flat out-played by a hungrier team.

B) The cavs are also one shot from being up 2-1....this series is not over by any stretch of the imagination. Lebron is 24 years old and has along time to win rings.

How about D. You are on Crack...

The Cavs, who 90% of America thought would wipe the floor with the Magic, were lucky to steal one game with a desperation/clutch shot on their own home court.

The series may not be over as of yet but it practically will be after Orlando whoops that arse on Sunday night to go up 3-1. Cleveland has been outshot by the Magic in every game.

I agree that BronBron has talent and youth, but you are going to have to put a team around him to get a ring. One man doesnt win championships... not even Jordan.

All good points made and I agree that it takes the whole team (even the bench) to win a championship. You just need good chemistry and be able to trust your teammates. Jordan had all those plus being the best player so far that played the game. Coaching staff too is important as well.

It's also difficult to compare NBA greats from different eras. I think that players now are more athletic than players from the 60's and 70's perhaps even in the 80's and 90's. But, I do believe that Kobe is the closest to being like a Jordan in all aspects of the game.

I don't think anyone could reach what Jordan has done for the game.

That said, I think Kobe and Lebron are both great players and if given the choice I think Kobe is ahead now but give Lebron a few more years. I am awed by what Lebron does and Kobe was not much of a team player before like he is now. I think its partly because he knows he can rely on people like Gasol and Ariza. Btw, if not for Ariza's steals on Game 1 and 3, the Lakers would also be in trouble now. breaks of the game? :acclaim:

Now GO LAKERS!

I am a huge Magic fan....even moved to orlando because of the magic but I have little problem labeling Lebron the best player in the NBA right now with Kobe being a close second. Kobe has a better supporting cast now but for many years he was a selfish player just looking for his own shot. As he matured he understood that you have to get your teammates involved to win championships. Jorfan learned that lesson and ended up being one of the greatest players to ever play in the game. Give lebron a few more years and some more talent around him and I have no doubt he will start winning championships.

I don't think it's fair to Jordan or Kobe or any of the other greatest to say Lebron is in that league just yet......but as far as current players playing today...he's either #1 or #2 in most folks opinions.

Go Magic!

I have to echo a sentiment that was mentioned earlier in the threads. Jordan never lost when he got to the NBA Championships. Lebron and Kobe will never be able to say that.

Does that mean anything? Well, obviously that is open to MUCH debate, but I think it means a great deal.

I was lucky to see Jordan play and I have never seen anyone close to his ability in the time since then, including LeBron and Kobe.

With that said, LeBron > Kobe.

Well the Cavs just bit it hard...and now face virtually insurmountable odds to even PLAY in the Championship series...Orlando looks and is indeed the better team...1-second away from a sweep basically...

CAVS = :tonofbricks:

Well the Cavs just bit it hard...and now face virtually insurmountable odds to even PLAY in the Championship series...Orlando looks and is indeed the better team...1-second away from a sweep basically...

I have no idea why so many people thought otherwise. (shrug) On ESPN.com every guy listed on there voted for the Cavs. I don't get it.

The Magic need to watch themselves and not play careless, but as long as they play in their standard style they will be okay.

I have to say that when Lebron took that last 3-pointer tonight, I about wet myself. It was close.

Cavs lost big time! Just goes to show, Orlando is too much of a team for Lebron!

Ilgauskus did make a couple clutch free throws and Lebron hit another crazy three, but it was all for naught.

We all know the NBA wanted Lebron and Kobe.

But how hard would it be to make a Melo and D-Howard puppet!!!

They could have at least masked the favoritism. Now, if neither the Lakers or Cavs make it, they look like chumps.

This doesn't bode well for the Nuggs. With the Cavs pretty much eliminated and the Lakers with homecourt advantage, the Nuggs will have to play unbelievable ball and avoid the ticky-tack foul.

Pat

(thumbs u

This series is over.

CAVS will be lucky to extend it to 6 games now.

They are one last second miracle shot away from having gotten swept.

And everyone thought it would be the CAVS pulling off a 3rd straight sweep on Orlando.

Speaking of sweeps, Pittsburgh pulled one off tonight. They are going back to the Stanley Cup finals.

They could have at least masked the favoritism. Now, if neither the Lakers or Cavs make it, they look like chumps.

This doesn't bode well for the Nuggs. With the Cavs pretty much eliminated and the Lakers with homecourt advantage, the Nuggs will have to play unbelievable ball and avoid the ticky-tack foul.

Pat

I definitely think favoritism exists, and I think it has been showing up in the officiating of the games...

Pat

I definitely think favoritism exists, and I think it has been showing up in the officiating of the games...

Well it didn't show up for the Lakers in Game 4 for all you conspiracy-theorists... :makepoint:

Pat

Well it didn't show up for the Lakers in Game 4 for all you conspiracy-theorists... :makepoint:

The "favoritism" in the NBA is in the tendency of refs to call more fouls on the road team.

The NBA figures it this way:

Call more fouls on road team = More wins for home teams = More fans buying tickets for home games = More money for the owners

This is the biggest reason for the huge home court advantage in the NBA compared to other sports like hockey and football (baseball is all about the starting pitchers)