• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Lebron and the CAVS going down hard

105 posts in this topic

We all know the NBA wanted Lebron and Kobe.

But how hard would it be to make a Melo and D-Howard puppet!!!

They could have at least masked the favoritism. Now, if neither the Lakers or Cavs make it, they look like chumps.

This doesn't bode well for the Nuggs. With the Cavs pretty much eliminated and the Lakers with homecourt advantage, the Nuggs will have to play unbelievable ball and avoid the ticky-tack foul.

Pat

I definitely think favoritism exists, and I think it has been showing up in the officiating of the games...

Well it didn't show up for the Lakers in Game 4 for all you conspiracy-theorists... :makepoint:

The "favoritism" in the NBA is in the tendency of refs to call more fouls on the road team.

The NBA figures it this way:

Call more fouls on road team = More wins for home teams = More fans buying tickets for home games = More money for the owners

This is the biggest reason for the huge home court advantage in the NBA compared to other sports like hockey and football (baseball is all about the starting pitchers)

That's a pretty decent synopsis...agreed! :headbang:

Well, bye bye Cavs. I was really looking forward to a possible Kobe vs. Lebron match. Can you imagine how much media will be on that???? It would be a dream match-up, but it seems we have to wait another season or so. I thought the Cavs played well the first half, but they just collapsed the 2nd half. It was a one man team and you really can't win playoff games like that. Regular season you can do it, but playoffs are a different story.

Can't wait for the Lakers vs. Nuggets game. Hope Lakers will pull out with a victory win.

Not saying it cost us the game, but the officiating in the LA-Denver game was RANK tonite...the flagrant 1 on Bynam was a joke...officials don't even understand the definition of their own rule...UFB! 59 to 35 freethrows I believe was the final tally... :tonofbricks::boo:

Not to mention the Dante (sp?) Jones trip on Kobe that the refs missed and the absolutely maddening fact that the refs bail Chauncy Billups out every time he drives the lane. On one Billups was actually drifting away from the basket just to create contact with Gasol to get a foul call. Ridiculous.

The truth is, if it wasn't for Michael Jordan having come along first, we'd be calling Kobe the greatest player of all time. They are remarkably similar. It bothers me (as a huge Lakers fan) that Michael Jordan scored lots of points early in his career and is labeled a great player, while Kobe scores lots of points and is labeled as selfish. Just a difference in the times, I guess.

The truth is, if it wasn't for Michael Jordan having come along first, we'd be calling Kobe the greatest player of all time. They are remarkably similar. It bothers me (as a huge Lakers fan) that Michael Jordan scored lots of points early in his career and is labeled a great player, while Kobe scores lots of points and is labeled as selfish. Just a difference in the times, I guess.

Lets make a football analogy:

Jordan is to Jerry Rice

as

Kobe is to Randy Moss...

all four had great talent, yet the top two rose to the become the best to ever play at their position.

Both Kobe and Randy Moss will never realize their true potential because their self-aggrandizement gets in the way of them becoming the BEST

In effect they don't have the class to become the greatest.

Kobe is nothing but a smug Rapist. He couldn't hold Jordan's jock... and he is, most probably, going to get defeated by the Denver Nuggets.

Both Kobe and Randy Moss will never realize their true potential because their self-aggrandizement gets in the way of them becoming the BEST

Kobe won 3 titles and counting last time I checked

Moss has zero

Even in his great "undefeated" season they lost the Superbowl when some guy catches a ball off his head :roflmao:

Kobe has more than realized his "true potential" (3 titles)

Moss hasn't

With that said, LeBron > Kobe.

No doubt, and I guarantee that if you gave him either Pippen or Shaq in their primes, LeBron would already have a few championships.

The guy is a "once in a generation talent" similar to Jordan, but even then a lot of pieces have to fall in place to win a championship - look at Mario in hockey, potentially the most physically gifted/dominant athlete ever, but it wasn't until he got Jagr on board that he went to the very top and won a couple of Stanley Cups.

We all know the NBA wanted Lebron and Kobe.

But how hard would it be to make a Melo and D-Howard puppet!!!

They could have at least masked the favoritism. Now, if neither the Lakers or Cavs make it, they look like chumps.

This doesn't bode well for the Nuggs. With the Cavs pretty much eliminated and the Lakers with homecourt advantage, the Nuggs will have to play unbelievable ball and avoid the ticky-tack foul.

Pat

I definitely think favoritism exists, and I think it has been showing up in the officiating of the games...

I couldn't agree more.....just look at the fouls called against the magic vs the very few fouls called on the cavs......heck everytime lebron touches the ball I hold my breath as I expect a whistle....just like Paul pierce was getting the previous series :censored:

Moss has zero

Even in his great "undefeated" season they lost the Superbowl when some guy catches a ball off his head :roflmao:

Moss hasn't

How many times do I have to remind you guys that Kobe had Shaq? Shaq in his prime and they won 3 rings together and Shaq was MVP of all 3 Finals. If Lebron had Shaq now they would already have a ring. Kobe is also 0 fer without Shaq....please relax.

Kobe cursed himself from every getting another ring when he ran one of the top five players of all-time Shaq out of L.A. Cause Shaq won another ring without Kobe but Kobe can't do anything with out Shaq. Truly those three rings that puppet be bragging about need to have Shaq on his side eating those cookies.lol

Moss has zero

Moss hasn't

How many times do I have to remind you guys that Kobe had Shaq? Shaq in his prime and they won 3 rings together and Shaq was MVP of all 3 Finals. If Lebron had Shaq now they would already have a ring. Kobe is also 0 fer without Shaq....please relax.

Moss had Brady and Bellicheck defense (shrug) Still was not enough to win a title

Moss has zero

Moss hasn't

Moss had Brady and Bellicheck defense (shrug) Still was not enough to win a title

Football and Basketball are totally different. Rice had Joe Montana and about 5-10 other Hall of Famers at different times in his career. Basketball is 5 on 5 and 2 dominant players (at least) are needed to win a title. Check history on that one.

74134591.v24ZxUnQ.smileycamera.gif

One thing for sure, no one player can ever bring the championship by himself. Even Jordon needed Pippin and lost many times by trying to do it all alone.

Last night I thought there was a chance they might win, but it just slipped away

the big L O S E R is Coke and Nike

WEBHEAD

Moss has zero

Moss hasn't

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride... :baiting:

Fantastic game for 3 quarters.

Honestly, the Nuggets blew the 4th quarter more than the Lakers playing fantastic. Martin's awful shot attempts and the lack of Melo at the beginning of the quarter killed it. Hell, they pulled it within 4 and created a few turnovers but kept stumbling over themselves.

As I predicted yesterday, I think it's going to Game 7 with each team winning in their own stadium. I have a feeling the Nuggs will run away with Game 6 and the Lakers will win in 7.

Pat