• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Because Modern needs its own "OMG, look at this eBay price!" thread

555 posts in this topic

but yes tj you hit the nail on the head I did raise the price after the email and changed the description. The book would have walked easy for 300-400 dollar range prior to his email.. It was apparent the d-bag really wanted the book so I made it impossible for him to buy mine..lol

I'm glad I'm on your good side, Bobby lol

Are those real 9.8's, or the new CGC 9.8's?

What's the difference?? :shrug:

After looking at some newly-graded 9.8's I'd bought off eBay and here...evidently, a lot.

Yep, CGC's modern grading is the loosest I've ever seen right now :P

just got a 9.9 in the mail today.. You think it would be perfect right? Bottom lower left front cover has a tiny tear. I am really upset as a book I sent in a few months ago that was perfect and only scored the 9.8 and I get sheet like this in the effin mail..

the more you reply in here Mike I'm starting to think you were the guy who emailed me on ebay!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I should have been congratulating you on really sticking it to that "d-bag" by listing your book on ebay, pricing it at 4x GPA and adding "This book is not for sale!" to the description.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

the more you reply in here Mike I'm starting to think you were the guy who emailed me on ebay!

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I should have been congratulating you on really sticking it to that "d-bag" by listing your book on ebay, pricing it at 4x GPA and adding "This book is not for sale!" to the description.

I think Bobby was just making a joke, Michael. No need for you fellas to get your dander up.

BTW Bobby, congrats on selling the aforementioned controversial book. :applause:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180460802619

I think Bobby was just making a joke, Michael. No need for you fellas to get your dander up.

BTW Bobby, congrats on selling the aforementioned controversial book. :applause:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180460802619

No kidding.

I've seen sellers buy loads of books on here for great prices, then posts them on eBay for ridiculous prices and bump the raw grades as well. Now that is when you say WTF when they do it all the time.

Bobby was most probably having fun with the fellow on eBay that played with him over the original listing. Not sure why the heat over this silly book.

Let's get back to talking about motorboating.

:insane:

I've seen sellers buy loads of books on here for great prices, then posts them on eBay for ridiculous prices and bump the raw grades as well. Now that is when you say WTF when they do it all the time.

------------

sometimes a book here is really cheap and undergraded? it happens. sometimes people have 20 copies and don't care about selling one at a huge discount.

------------

sometimes a book here is really cheap and undergraded? it happens. sometimes people have 20 copies and don't care about selling one at a huge discount.

Huge discount - yes. There is that on here once in a while too. But when they overgrade raws because it is eBay, that is just wrong.

But that's their conscience, right? Let them live with it.