• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Westerns (Silver Age)
7 7

2,225 posts in this topic

OK, maybe not entire intended for comic book purposes, but I thought it was so cool I wanted to share it. This is a pic someone from another forum I frequent posted of his Rugers.

_DSC4004EditLayers1024Pixel8_zpsfdd1bee9.jpg

Congrats!

I'm done to needing 19 but its getting tough :sumo:

You bought all the reprint issues? :baiting::)

No :sorry:

haha I choose to believe they don't exist at this point in time....

Hmmmmm. They do exist. I have them all. :acclaim::banana: Get crackin on em! Or redo your number of 19 as what you NEED. :sumo: It's a real fun set....right bro? :cloud9:

well, the grades are in.... Two Gun Kid 58 6.5 WHITE pages, TGK 59 7.0 ow/w, TGK 60 6.5 ow/w and 61 7.0 ow/w. As well as Gunsmoke Western 58 7.0 white pages. Very happy with the 58, a little disappointed on the 60. Pictures in a couple days.

well, the grades are in.... Two Gun Kid 58 6.5 WHITE pages, TGK 59 7.0 ow/w, TGK 60 6.5 ow/w and 61 7.0 ow/w. As well as Gunsmoke Western 58 7.0 white pages. Very happy with the 58, a little disappointed on the 60. Pictures in a couple days.

The 60 in 6.5 is great bro! You had it pegged as higher? The 58 seems to have fallen a lot in popularity. I bought my copies when then were pretty popular.

2012-07-05180314.jpg[/img]

I will never again, have a book pressed. Of the 5 books that I had slabbed, I only had my TGK 60 sent to CCS for the obvious reasons. I was hoping to improve the grade. This was the first and only time that I'll do it. The cover is noticeably shrunken from it's prior state. I wish I had taken a before photo. I will post photos tomorrow. I think all of the grading was spot on, but if I had to do it again, I would have just slabbed it and seen what the grade would have been. I didn't do the quick press, I did the standard one and although the book looks great.... now it looks trimmed.

I will never again, have a book pressed. Of the 5 books that I had slabbed, I only had my TGK 60 sent to CCS for the obvious reasons. I was hoping to improve the grade. This was the first and only time that I'll do it. The cover is noticeably shrunken from it's prior state. I wish I had taken a before photo. I will post photos tomorrow. I think all of the grading was spot on, but if I had to do it again, I would have just slabbed it and seen what the grade would have been. I didn't do the quick press, I did the standard one and although the book looks great.... now it looks trimmed.

Was your TGK 60 like that at all before you sent it? If not, I can totally understand your frustration!

Still, great bunch of books, man! :headbang: