• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I did it: AF 15

66 posts in this topic

Go pre-hero and collect amazing adult fantasy! Then you will get the chance to read the 14 superior issues in the run :insane:

Shouldn't you be playing punchout? That's gotta be more productive than ragging on the greatest superhero of all time.

lol I did that to get a rise out of you :P

Remember this thread from last September?

18 years in the making - ASM collection finished today

I thought it would take some years before I would by the most important Spidey comic to complete the Set: AF 15.

But many of you told me it wouldn't take long and you were right. I bought a nice CGC 1.8 unrestored copy yesterday. I'm happy with it and the grade. Everything else would be too expensive for me. So with only 1 book left for my Web of Spiderman run and 5 books to complete the Spectacular Spiderman run, what's left from Spiderman to collect? (I already have every modern age Spidey series) I think I have to start Marvel Team-Up... hm

I will post a picture of the AF 15 when it has arrived!

Congtatulations! It's a real thrill to know you've found one. Now....just wait until you hold it the first time!

:applause:

grats, Bro! (thumbs u :applause:

I still lack the AF15, but will have one next year for sure. I posted in your last thread that we have similar collections.

I just finished Spidey Super Stories and lack about ten issues of MTU of having every Spidey major line.

It will take another decade plus to track down and buy all the appearances. Doubt I get that far. :insane:

Wow, so many respones. Thank you guys!!!!

Yes, it was indeed not very easy for me to complete this, since I dont't have the big money to spend. But I don't collect only Spider-Man, so I think I won't get bored (thumbs u

And I can't wait to hold my AF15 in my hands for the first time. I still can't believe that I bought it. It's a book I thought I would never own. So the thought of it is so surreal at the moment.

I think I will make a little Spider-Man exhibition at the next Comic Convention in Vienna. Especially AF15 and ASM 1-10 were never shown in public here in Austria. It is really a rarity in our country with very few people collecting US Comics and especially Silver Age books. This will create a nice hype in the press when I tell the organizer of the Convention. We did some nice exhibitions in the past, but this will surpass everything that was done.

Yes, it was indeed not very easy for me to complete this, since I dont't have the big money to spend. But I don't collect only Spider-Man, so I think I won't get bored (thumbs u

And I can't wait to hold my AF15 in my hands for the first time. I still can't believe that I bought it. It's a book I thought I would never own. So the thought of it is so surreal at the moment.

I think I will make a little Spider-Man exhibition at the next Comic Convention in Vienna. Especially AF15 and ASM 1-10 were never shown in public here in Austria. It is really a rarity in our country with very few people collecting US Comics and especially Silver Age books. This will create a nice hype in the press when I tell the organizer of the Convention. We did some nice exhibitions in the past, but this will surpass everything that was done.

congrats :)

that sounds awesome.

Well if it's the one that just ended on eBay here is my 2c

It looks better than a 1.8 to me. Buy the book not the grade. And if that's the one, you got a nice one. (thumbs u

Best book to own, welcome to the club.

It looks better than a 1.8 to me. Buy the book not the grade. And if that's the one, you got a nice one. (thumbs u

Yes that's the one. Usually I don't buy CGC books because I like to flip through them and read them. But I didn't wanted to take any risks with this book and I also have a reprint for reading, so I decided to buy a graded copy. And yes, it looks nice for this grade. That was the most important thing for me because the cover is the only thing I will ever see of this book. The grade was not very important because I wouldn't have bought a copy over 2.0. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a 1.5, 1.8 or 2.0, I wanted a copy which would make me happy looking at it.

Yes that's the one. Usually I don't buy CGC books because I like to flip through them and read them. But I didn't wanted to take any risks with this book and I also have a reprint for reading, so I decided to buy a graded copy. And yes, it looks nice for this grade. That was the most important thing for me because the cover is the only thing I will ever see of this book. The grade was not very important because I wouldn't have bought a copy over 2.0. It wouldn't have mattered if it was a 1.5, 1.8 or 2.0, I wanted a copy which would make me happy looking at it.

Well said and congratulations!