• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you all track your comic collection

55 posts in this topic

I use my brain.

I do too. But it's a poor method as I routinely have no idea anymore what I do and don't have. On the other hand it's exciting to open a box and be like s--t, I didn't know I still owned that!?!

I use my brain.

I used to, then I turned 40 and that system went to hell.

I keep a notebook of my want list and have put top-priority wants on my iPhone for when I'm out and about.

I use my brain.

I do too. But it's a poor method as I routinely have no idea anymore what I do and don't have. On the other hand it's exciting to open a box and be like s--t, I didn't know I still owned that!?!

lol You are so me.

I use my brain.

lol I love opening a box I havent looked at in a decade to see whats in it!

As for what I do currently, I keep the list of the two runs I'm working on in my profile here, and I can check them from my iphone if I'm actually at an event that has a book I want.

I also keep a scan of all my war cover stuff in my photobucket account, so if I want to see if I have an issue or if I want to upgrade it, I check it from the iphone as well.

I use my brain.

lol I love opening a box I havent looked at in a decade to see whats in it!

Foolkiller is probably talking about a box from last month. lol

I use my brain.

(thumbs u

Make a tracking kit for yourself. Include a 6-inch ruler (for measuring tracks), a tape measure (for measuring strides), a magnifying glass, a notebook and pencil, a flashlight and Popsicle sticks (for marking tracks).

You people keep track of these things? Shee... I know I have three or four copies of stuff like Uncanny X-Men #145, New Mutants #1, things like that.....

Seriously, I have the stuff I am missing and want/need is written down on a pad on a clip-board. Everything else is just in my head.

-slym (take that last line however you'd like)

Make a tracking kit for yourself. Include a 6-inch ruler (for measuring tracks), a tape measure (for measuring strides), a magnifying glass, a notebook and pencil, a flashlight and Popsicle sticks (for marking tracks).

Don't forget your comic calling noise maker.

I use Microsoft Word and I print out a hard copy that I keep in a notebook.

I include the title, issue #, and notations of first appearances but I don't include the FMV or what I paid for the comic. I make very few notations of the grade unless it's a big key or restored.

I use a series of lines and dashes cut into my arm. Always with me. But have to be careful around the new books when I'm adding them. :devil:

:jokealert:

I use Comic Base and just print off a list. :D (thumbs u