• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Spiderman 133 ***spoilers***

46 posts in this topic

I hated this issue. The art was fine. I felt ripped though.

I don't mind paying $3.99 for a book. However, the preceding issues were all $2.99. To raise the price on this regular sized comic and make it a silent issue was (especially being the final issue).

There was a veeeeerrrrry long Bendis interview in the back, but I'm not about to read a bunch of -kissing in the back of the comic when the actual comic had no words. Screw that.

The Ultimate Universe was drop. This was Ultimate Spider-mans last book, Ultimate X-men and Fantastic Four ended months ago. They are starting up a new Ultimate Universe but they said that it will not be the same Spider-man.

I liked #133 it put a somber note to Spider-man being one of the many people dead in the Ultimate Universe. :cry:

I hope Jeph Loeb is not involved with ANYMORE marvel books. Ultimates 3=FAIL IMO. If the stories were consistently good would we really need a relaunch or re-boot? USM has not been great lately. OK but not great.

You know, the more I think about it, the more of a cop out this feels like. Bendis and Bagley did a fantastic job of growing this title into something that really captured some of the fun of a young Spider-Man. And to hear how this all goes down with killing everyone off indiscriminately, well, it's a blatant cop out.

Now, I understand that Peter is not found dead and the intent is there will be a relaunch of another Spider-title, but I'm going to be further disappointed if it's an actual reboot and not relaunch. But with all of the characters they killed off, it kind of seems like that's what they'll be doing. And if so, then I'll be done buying anymore of their TPBs for a while. meh

I loved Loeb's work in "Hush," but this will definitely give me something to think about.

You know, the more I think about it, the more of a cop out this feels like. Bendis and Bagley did a fantastic job of growing this title into something that really captured some of the fun of a young Spider-Man. And to hear how this all goes down with killing everyone off indiscriminately, well, it's a blatant cop out.

Now, I understand that Peter is not found dead and the intent is there will be a relaunch of another Spider-title, but I'm going to be further disappointed if it's an actual reboot and not relaunch. But with all of the characters they killed off, it kind of seems like that's what they'll be doing. And if so, then I'll be done buying anymore of their TPBs for a while. meh

I loved Loeb's work in "Hush," but this will definitely give me something to think about.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was opposed to the Ultimate Universe from the get go. USM was close to issue 70 or so before I picked it up. the only reason I did is because Borders had the Jumbo 50 issue hardcover half off. I thought I would give it a shot. Half way through the first issue I realized I hadn't felt this way about reading a superhero comic in A VERY LONG time. It was so much fun. A very fresh perspective on a tired (IMHO) character. Once Bagley left the magic started to wear off. If a relaunch is going to happen I am going to pick it up a see where it goes. I do have a feeling that USM is going to be another dropped title from my pull list.

I have the new ultimate spidey title on my pull list for when it comes out. I'll give ti a try because I can understand Bendis wanting to aline the continuity of the ultimate universe. I haven't read past whatever is contained in the 7th or 8th trade, but enjoyed everything (except the new take on Borock, I liked the original version of venom better, and spidey's wearing of the suit was a bit short for me). I plan to pick up more trades when I can get my mess together and go Borders remembering which one I left off on. I hope the new ultimate universe is good, but wish they weren't changing the name.

I couldn't agree with you more. I was opposed to the Ultimate Universe from the get go. USM was close to issue 70 or so before I picked it up. the only reason I did is because Borders had the Jumbo 50 issue hardcover half off. I thought I would give it a shot. Half way through the first issue I realized I hadn't felt this way about reading a superhero comic in A VERY LONG time. It was so much fun. A very fresh perspective on a tired (IMHO) character. Once Bagley left the magic started to wear off. If a relaunch is going to happen I am going to pick it up a see where it goes. I do have a feeling that USM is going to be another dropped title from my pull list.

Thats the same way I felt when I started reading ultimate Spider-man and X-men. I was one of the few people that actually like the Ultimate Universe(People at the LCS didn't understand why). It was put together nicely with all of the characters having only one origin and not three or four from different writers. But this whole Ultimatum story is being rushed and feels chopped(IMHO).

If it does'nt pick up a bit I might have to drop this title.

:signfunny:

(shrug)

It's funny because you're talking about dropping the title when Marvel has already ended the series. :)

(thumbs u

It's "ending". If they restart the series that book will still be on my list. If it continues to disappoint I will drop it. Better. (thumbs u

See, I almost feel the opposite. While I love Spider-Man, if they reboot it AGAIN, then they're essentially just cranking out the same storylines and that seems both lazy and tired to me. USM Parker hadn't even graduated high school, so it's hard to believe there weren't more storylines that could have been explored?

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What the heck is with JoeQ up and rebooting EVERYTHING Spider-Man??? :censored:

See, I almost feel the opposite. While I love Spider-Man, if they reboot it AGAIN, then they're essentially just cranking out the same storylines and that seems both lazy and tired to me. USM Parker hadn't even graduated high school, so it's hard to believe there weren't more storylines that could have been explored?

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. What the heck is with JoeQ up and rebooting EVERYTHING Spider-Man??? :censored:

It apparently doesn't reboot. Instead, they will jump several years into the future... have faith young grasshopper!

Haven't read the last issue yet, but I've enjoyed it well enough. It was slow for a little while there, but overall was really solid.

I'll have to read the new idea for Ultimate Spidey. Bendis wouldn't say too much at the Denver Con about it.

Pat

Personally, all Marvel universes needs an ultimatum and kill every one off. Then start over with a new ASM, same Peter parker, same origin but maybe this time Aunt May gets killed instead of uncle ben, GE=wen stacy lives, but MJ gets killed. Leave the core components of the toons makeup alone just change a few things.

This way Marvel gets a fresh start without running a regular series and a ultimate series.Obviously some story lines will have to be recycled, but then a different twist can be incorporated. No stupid super hero registration act, no civil war, Captain America could be a experiment to fight terrorists instead of Nazi's. etc etc etc.

Just read this issue today - what a waste of space!

I've flipped through it a few times at a couple of different comic stores and still haven't pulled the trigger on buying it.

Don't bother!