• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

My shop had many copies of both. they ordered 25 for #1 first print as well as the others. I walked away with 2 copies of each, I didn't want to be a jerk, and take them all.

both as in second printing of #1

also anybody notice the bad quality of paper Chew #2 was printed on? I coud find no 9.8's of this anywhere

also anybody notice the bad quality of paper Chew #2 was printed on? I coud find no 9.8's of this anywhere

Yep a bit wavy on in the interior. The copies of Batman and Robin at my LCS had the same problem.

My shop had many copies of both. they ordered 25 for #1 first print as well as the others. I walked away with 2 copies of each, I didn't want to be a jerk, and take them all.

both as in second printing of #1

Same waviness at my LCS on all issues.

Jason, actually I'm good. I figured you could sell it for some extra $$ . I've got it for now. Unless yours doesn't have the wavie effect ;)

Edited by LBJARM

Is this comic actually good or are you guys only buying it up due to the small print run?

Combination of the two... I actually bought five copies today. One to get sigged and graded (thanks to the best dang witness there is (thumbs u), one to keep raw, and the rest for boardies. I've already shipped one to England today, one ready to go to Florida, and another in case someone can't find a copy. Probably give away my raw copy too once the trade comes out.

1:2???

Yes, it's rarer, but unlikely to be worth more but might just be around the same value (but who knows) eventually?

To use an example, Batman #608 2nd print constantly fetches way more than the first print as there were less printed and it was an in demand book. Batman #612 is exactly the same.

Is this comic actually good or are you guys only buying it up due to the small print run?

Combination of the two... I actually bought five copies today. One to get sigged and graded (thanks to the best dang witness there is (thumbs u), one to keep raw, and the rest for boardies. I've already shipped one to England today, one ready to go to Florida, and another in case someone can't find a copy. Probably give away my raw copy too once the trade comes out.

:banana:(worship)