• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

So does #2 still live up to the hype?

I'll let you know after I pick it up in an hour and a half :banana:

^^

I'm going to try to snag a few extra copies if I can in case anyone here needs one. I'll let you know how many I get when I get back from the LCS.

I stopped by the LCS and asked to put 2 copies aside, owner didn't seem to really want to do it but put it on the list and made a point to say it won't be as valuable at #1 (naturally) as many more stores ordered more copies of #2. I told him that #2 is already sold out before it hit the stores, which he wasn't aware of.

I stopped by the LCS and asked to put 2 copies aside, owner didn't seem to really want to do it but put it on the list and made a point to say it won't be as valuable at #1 (naturally) as many more stores ordered more copies of #2. I told him that #2 is already sold out before it hit the stores, which he wasn't aware of.

Yeah #2 isn't going to have a ton of more issues printed. My LCS only got three issues total. (I snagged 2) (thumbs u My guy said they couldn't up their order, so these may be pretty limited as well.

They didn't get any 2nd prints of #1, though...anyone hook me up?

I added it to my mail order pull list too late to catch it. If you have a spare I'll gladly pay you for one dude (thumbs u :banana:

i'm at my LCS today and there're like 30 copies of Chew #2 on the rack so i think to myself "guess this one isn't going to be hard to find." i picked out two copies and then the next guy grabs 20 copies. he sees that i've got a copy and says "you picked up chew. cool" and i'm thinking "dang, that should've been me w/ the 20 copies." then he goes "want me to sign it?" i must've had a dumbstruck expression on my face cause the LCS owner wanders over and says "that's john" as in john layman the writer. got him to sign my two copies and got some info- issue #1 print run was 6,000, issue #2 was 9,000. the second print of #1 will be 3,000. he said that #2 was a set up issue and the story really takes off in #3. he has 25 issues planned and if it's successful thinks it'll go to #50. oh, and i tried to grab a couple more but the LCS owner gave me the stiff arm.

Edited by paperheart

i'm at my LCS today and there're like 30 copies of Chew #2 on the rack so i think to myself "guess this one isn't going to be hard to find." i picked out two copies and then the next guy grabs 20 copies. he sees that i've got a copy and says "you picked up chew. cool" and i'm thinking "dang, that should've been me w/ the 20 copies." then he goes "want me to sign it?" i must've had a dumbstruck expression on my face cause the LCS owner wanders over and says "that's john" as in john layman the writer. got him to sign my two copies and got some info- issue #1 print run was 6,000, issue #2 was 9,000. the second print of #1 will be 3,000. he said that #2 was a set up issue and the story really takes off in #3. he has 25 issues planned and if it's successful thinks it'll go to #50. oh, and i tried to grab a couple more but the LCS owner gave me the stiff arm.

Swweeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Issue #2 was GREAT! I loved it! :cloud9:

The introduction of a new character, "Mason" is awesome. :headbang:

As stated in the back of the book, this guy is "less fat-ass, more bad-ass"

There was plenty of dialog in the issue, so it wasn't a quick read by any stretch! Oh yeah, and there are Yakuza ninjas in the book :o

Great stuff (thumbs u

Great info, thanks for that! :)