• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

whats the consensus on this for long term value? I just sold one of my (2) 9.8 copies for $225 BIN on the bay minutes ago :o ... for now I'm planning on keeping the other copy but I just can't imagine this is going to retain its value. do you guys think this will tank soon or continue to appreciate over time like WD1?

someone should create a poll...

When i saw Chew #2 in the shop today they ALL had some sort of printers crease defect. Some had it at the top of the book some in the middle, some the dent was so bad it was cutting the cover. found only one with minimal damage. as for the discussion is Chew the next WD#1 ? hard to say, we are only 2 issues in, could you have said the same about WD? time will tell. Its still under ordered, alot of shops still have no idea what it is, just like WD orders may pick up around issue 5 or so then we get to see some crazy prices if people take to it. might get a lift on WD61 as well. :wishluck:

My Chew copies that I have in right now had no roll or waviness to them? I see that a ton of people are talking about it, but mine look very nice, I wonder what is up?

I do have several more coming in the mail, so should be interesting to see...

JJ

I think the first two issues are "ordered" to the printers before the 1st issues hits the stands, so that's why the small print runs even for #2 when this is in such big demand, so yes #2 will probably keep going up in value as long as the series stays popular (most likely). By the numbers of the 2nd print of #1, they probably sold out of #1 and quickly ordered a small printing of the 2nd print of #1 before the wave of demand hit so the 3rd printing will probably be much larger (as will the probable 2nd print of #2).

Kool, thanks Jason..I hope the freebies for me ;)

when have I ever not given you free books? :baiting:

Jason's my new best friend, sorry Billy and Dan

So I guess the FREE Chew #1 I gave you was not enough?

Kool, thanks Jason..I hope the freebies for me ;)

when have I ever not given you free books? :baiting:

Jason's my new best friend, sorry Billy and Dan

So I guess the FREE Chew #1 I gave you was not enough?

What free Chew... sshhhhh people will know about us... lol

It's was joke :sorry:

I have plenty of friends, but the close ones know who they are. Right Dan?

Edited by LBJARM