• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

:wishluck:

Woke up to an e-mail from a friend and LCS owner. Said he has a guy coming in to sell some comics this afternoon. The seller claims to have some Chew and WD. He said for me to be there to get dibs if he passes.

:banana:

SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY, BUT THIS DAY WAS AMAZING!!!

So I showed up late and never heard the whole story on why he was selling but the teen was with his father. There was a lot of random issues no real runs, but a full long box. The owner introduced me as a friend and told them what he doesn't or can not buy I might make an offer.

I walked around and let them talk. After about what seemed like 30 minutes they called me over and told what was going on. The sellers wanted to sell and make a quick deal. They would not take a check from the store and only wanted to deal with cash. At this point my friend said that if they did not take a check there wasn't much he could do. He wanted a record of deal if his store bought them. Being a Saturday morning there wasn't many transactions to produce the cash. He pulled me to the side and if I want to deal I could just to take it outside to the parking lot.

I was about to walk with out seeing them since everything seemed fishy. As we went outside I asked why they were selling. Turns out the teen snuck out and dinged the parent's car. They needed to repair the bumper in order for him to attend his prom. He said he doesn't really read comics any more and would sell these to gather funds. I really thought I would being getting to buy the leftovers as my friend would buy the best first. I only brought 500 in cash. I started to skim the boxes . Majority looked they were read a few times. His father was standing there looking irritated and impatient. I told to give a another minute and thanked him for his time. I pulled some comics out knowing I could not afford them all would have narrow it down. I asked on what prices he wanted for these...

The teen started to think and looked to his father. At first he told his son what ever you thing is good. I have better things to do on a Saturday then driving you around. The teen started to think and said Walking Dead was popular and the TV was good. I told him well most of these are weekly and the good ones are not mint. The father was grumpy and belted "Well what do you have on you on first?" I pulled the 500 cash out and told him thats all i got since I figured the shop would buy most of the collection. The father looked to his son and asked is that good? and he shrugged. The father said fine then if thats what you got them just do the deal so they can go.

I was stumped. I paused and replied okay 500 for the stack. I was very nervous now. I was sure this was a sting or punked. We traded cash for comics and they left. The father took the cash, pocketed it and told his son to load up the rest of his "".

Still dump founded I went back to store and told my friend the deal.

here is the cream of the crop....

Walking Dead #63 corners look read but vf/nm

Walking Dead #27 small ding bottom left corner 3 spine ticks

Walking Dead #2 easy 9.6

Chew... he said this series was gross and didn't continue after two

Chew #2 9.8

Chew #1 9.8

:banana:

photo-23_zps2be63c14.jpg

x-force, amazing spider man, secret invasion and lost of the cross overs.

I honestly did not think I would get what I got. I would of offered to buy everything if they went to the bank with me but I did not want to push my luck.