• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

that's not what i said i was doing at all. I run a software company(VP Development) that has nothing to do with comics in any way, its my career. My comic related project is a personal endeavour, originally launched in september when I signed up here, and then delayed, is not software driven, or anything like what you said.

The post you clapped about has MANY assumptions, just ones you agree with apparently. We can PM about it if we are going to debate it more though. I dont want to be the guy that only derails the Chew thread for all the fans.

My opinions on it are well known by now, as are everyone elses.

Edited by CBT

All that being said, each of us has our roles. Your create comic books, I run a software company. and I also happen to have a project in development related to comic books. Part of that project involves recommendations and valuations of books.

I was referring to this.

All that being said, each of us has our roles. Your create comic books, I run a software company. and I also happen to have a project in development related to comic books. Part of that project involves recommendations and valuations of books.

I was referring to this.

Yup, I understand what you were referring to, I tried to clarify it. Those were two very separate sentences that I kind of blurred.

I run a software development firm, that's my job, it has nothing in anyway shape or form to do with comic books. That's my career.

In addition and personally, I am part of a comicbook related endevaour, launched in september, which was then retracted due to unrelated personal events. Eventually it will be made public and taken out of private beta. Part of the endeavor includes specific valuations and recommendations on books. The recommendations are not based on software, the valuations are based on actual data.

My point was merely that I am going to be consistent with my views, and not say one thing one place, and then "censor" my opinions here because people disagree or the creator is present. I also went on to stress that my points were all about secondary market valuations.

I think Chew will continue to be a great success, I think the secondary market price got ahead of itself and will correct slowly over an extended period of time (unless someone else makes it into a show). Lots of people disagree, I am one person and a nobody, so let's let the thread move on.

Edited by CBT

lol

Aren't they ready to go? I thought everything was set. Maybe we'll see them in Chicago?

John had a prototype Chog at AACC - I believe he said they'll ready for sale in mid-March. It was pretty cool; good quality.