• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Well, here goes nothing. My first ever submission to CGC was one book, a Chew #1 that I bought about a year ago, which I could not find any visible defects on. Figured I might as well go big for my first time out.

Since it's for my personal collection, I guess I'd settle for a 9.6 and be happy, but I'm really hoping for a 9.8. Was in "Verified" for a few weeks, and all of a sudden now its "Graded" as of today..

Wish me luck!!!!

Grades are not displayed until submission ships. Title Issue Issue Date Publisher Country Variant Pedigree Category Grade Page Quality Grade Text Art Comments Key Comments

Chew 1 6/09 Image Comics Modern .0 John Layman story

Rob Guillory cover & art

1st full appearance of Tony Chu &

Agent Mason Savoy.

""Taster's Choice"" part 1

CHEW is such a fun read. i laugh out loud just about every issue

Did you see Robert Kirkman's head on the muscular bodies in Olive's room in the most recent issue. I thought that was funny.

indeed.

i love when Rob puts good mess in the backgrounds

This was a good read also confirms that Layman is willing to return to Chew after issue 60.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/01/layman-detects-and-chews-the-fat-at-wondercon/

"He wrapped up the panel by formally announcing what had been speculated for years regarding a deluxe Chew hardcover, the Smörgåsbord Edition. The first twenty issues in an Absolute-Sized hardcover, priced at $100 set to premiere at San Diego Comic Con this year. If he manages to get off his lazy butt and design the thing. At the end, the plan is for there to be 60 issues of Chew, plus about 4 or 5 Poyo specials, which will be collected in 12 softcover trades of five issues each, 6 Omnivore Edition hardcovers of 10 issues each, 3 Smorgasbord Editions of 20 issues each, and theoretically two “Walnut Cracker” editions that will be 30 issues each, sized like the Walking Dead Compendiums."

Edited by AnthaiHERO

I don't believe Layman was referring to the Poyo books as coming after #60. He had indicated earlier in the panel about the poyo books coming out every other summer.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

"Deep Space Poyo and Son of Poyo are scheduled before Chew ends at issue 60. Possibly an additional one-shot in Barbarian Warrior Poyo. They’re scheduled to come out every other summer or so, like a Michael Bay blockbuster."

No, I know. I thought you concluded John would do more Chew and referring to the Poyo books. I was too lazy to read the article but you forced me to. lol