• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CHEW, from Image Comics
1 1

6,765 posts in this topic

Yeah i did the same thing with 15 & 30. I did it to one each and both times i was cringing pulling the outer cover off. :eek:

By the way just got my CHOG in the mail today. Number #82/1000. These things are sick! I cant wait for more colors.

lol I just got #83! (thumbs u

Got an orginal WD/Chew Mash up done at C2E2.

Rob just destroyed this concept. That dude is cool as hell as talented like a MF.

5EA2960C-BC88-43D8-B0F6-388CD7683E0B-8431-000001E225354051_zps476800ac.jpg

For those that are interested in this sorta thing, here's the reference I made up real quick in Photoshop. Clearly my Poyo was off scale. lol, but he got the idea.

chewmash_zps7f0c7be2.jpg

Below is email description I gave as well. I think it turned out so well. I just started getting into the commissioned sketch thing. It's interesting that cost/value is arbitrary it seems. So this cost me $200 bucks, but it's worth every penny. There are others that I've paid hundreds for and they aren't as well composed or have as much detail etc... Interesting.

"Here's the idea that I'm proposing. This is just my crazy thoughts but I want you to do your Chew Pulp Fiction magic to it.

The thing that I love about your stuff and what I really do want to get across is the dynamic posing of Chew and not the stiffer Rick Grimes posing of the original WD 1. To read as an homage/Mashup, I think it just needs the key elements like the broken glass store front, the beat up car, and the general positon of Mr. Chu.

I threw the dead bodies in the front cause it seems cool for ground stuffz and evocative of Chew, which I really want, but I totally get if this is way too much detail. leave it out, whatever."

Ha, yeah I saw that. Every artist has paper and pencil/pen preferences. Tony Moore won't do sketch covers because of ink bleeding cause he uses heavy inks I guess. As per Rob's sketch, if it's eh, could you imagine what it would be if it wasn't! I had a Revival sketch mash up as well and posted that in the revival forum. I think this book seems as good as any for drawing on comic books.

Rob and John are awesome. Period.

Got myself a Chog and some Chew pages.

Glad those guys were there. C2E2 was the land of egos. So many power trips in one room.

Rob and John are awesome. Period.

Got myself a Chog and some Chew pages.

Glad those guys were there. C2E2 was the land of egos. So many power trips in one room.

When you mention the powertrips are you talking about creators?

Creators, retailers, guests......and others. It seemed contagious.

If not for guys like Rob, ,John, Seeley, Steven Struble and a few others I can't think of right now I would have left.

RL Stine was also awesome. There were quite a few highlights. I just landed so that's my short list. There was just an abnormally high amount of ego in the room. They're comics. Get over yourselves. Anyway, last thread I want to derail.

Just shows how nice Rob and John are by contrast.

Got me a signed Chog. :)

Gonna get these framed this week :)

wGe4m4R.jpg

gv8fymR.jpg

s5FtY4d.jpg

SLX1Y3U.jpg

DUDE - that issue 1 page w/ Savoy is one I had been trying to track down the last three years - one of my favorite panel pages from the whole series. I never could get a solid lead on it.

Congrats

I'll be PM'ing you a lot.

Ha, yeah I saw that. Every artist has paper and pencil/pen preferences. Tony Moore won't do sketch covers because of ink bleeding cause he uses heavy inks I guess. As per Rob's sketch, if it's eh, could you imagine what it would be if it wasn't! I had a Revival sketch mash up as well and posted that in the revival forum. I think this book seems as good as any for drawing on comic books.

Tony Moore is getting weird for now. I went to his booth at C2E2 and asked his assistant (she is a weirdo gothic punk too) about the sketch. She said he is not doing the sketches anymore.

I had him drawing my books for three years in a row until now. Tony is getting more weirder and sues Robert's BUTT twice!

Weird-0 :insane: