• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Childhood Pics with Comics or Toys!

85 posts in this topic

My mom, me and Col Steve Austin.

cool...I still have my 6 million dollar man figure from the 70's~!

Plus another 3 dozen MIB? :baiting:

boy, how do I wish!

Here's one of your pics, though:

IMG_0001-1.jpg

The first one's addy gives me a 404, I guess you tried to change it. I used HTML to show this one, you just have to enable HTML in the drop-down labelled 'markup'.

I was about the same age when I got my AT-AT, though I got mine in Xmas of 1980, I think. Best present EVER. I saw that big- box under the tree, and my parents tried to tell me it was a 'Hardy Boys' collection of books. That was the year I learned to use an X-Acto knife to cut tape, and carefully unwrap/rewrap presents in the dead of night. :devil:

I thought I would add the next generation to AT-AT photo from Beau....below is my son with a Lego one. It's super cool it even moves! I'm telling you these Lego Star Wars are probably the next big collectable. Some of those little figures go for quite a bit already on ebay.

IMG_5932.jpg

Here is me from x-mas 1984 with my grandma in the background. I was 4 years old in this photo. This is around the time I started wearing army stuff all the time. Bigass g.i. joe fortress. sweet. wish I'd kept all this kind of stuff. I have very few toys still from when I was little.

IMG_0002-1.jpg[/img]

Hopefully my pic works this time. Beau made my pic work last time of me with my AT-AT walker in x-mas 83.

Here is me from x-mas 1984 with my grandma in the background. I was 4 years old in this photo. This is around the time I started wearing army stuff all the time. Bigass g.i. joe fortress. sweet. wish I'd kept all this kind of stuff. I have very few toys still from when I was little.

IMG_0002-1.jpg[/img]

Hopefully my pic works this time. Beau made my pic work last time of me with my AT-AT walker in x-mas 83.

It's funny...I looked at the box and knew you were a Canuck, then checking your location confirmed it...(bilingual box) :)

Jim

one of the reasons I got into the Star Trek toy/action figure business is because of my lifelong obsession with Star Trek.... here is a picture, over 30 years old, of me as a youngster with my communicator and tricorder (circa mid 1970's)

earlystr.jpg

That is one very cool picture...makes me laugh on how we swore those things were real...I use to have a similar one in Mexico..except mine had a small egg carton with a 3 inch stick as the mic...good times..my uncle made it for me

one of the reasons I got into the Star Trek toy/action figure business is because of my lifelong obsession with Star Trek.... here is a picture, over 30 years old, of me as a youngster with my communicator and tricorder (circa mid 1970's)

earlystr.jpg

I can see Bill sending you a PM iquiring about the availablility.....

unless he's already got a few.

I am very lucky to have this picture, which my grandma had for years unknown to us. Summer of 1971 family pic. My oldest brother has the copy of Daredevil #81, bought that day. My cousin is holing the unknown issue. I have the popcicle (rock on).

Older brother Dave looks grumpy on dad's lap because he has neither comic nor popcicle. Cousin Rob looks bored (again no comic). Look at the 5 kids, the only smiling ones have comics (I was only 3, so comics still took a back seat to cold sugar).

001-7.jpg

I am very lucky to have this picture, which my grandma had for years unknown to us. Summer of 1971 family pic. My oldest brother has the copy of Daredevil #81, bought that day. My cousin is holing the unknown issue. I have the popcicle (rock on).

Older brother Dave looks grumpy on dad's lap because he has neither comic nor popcicle. Cousin Rob looks bored (again no comic). Look at the 5 kids, the only smiling ones have comics (I was only 3, so comics still took a back seat to cold sugar).

001-7.jpg

I'll guess that your cousins comic is a Harvey......Little Dot or Casper. They were big with my sister back in those days.

My brother on the left, me on the right, Christmas morning 1977. My mom had found some old comics at a used book store and wrapped them up for us. You can see a Silver Surfer #18 on the top of my stack, and I distinctly remember that there was a Howard the Duck #1 also.

troy-tony-xmas-1977.jpg

Me that same morning opening my Visible V8 model. Note my Star Wars shirt.

tony-xmas-1977.jpg

Me with my entire comic book collection in 1979. Gee, I wonder why none of my original comics are in mint condition any more? I think that's an X-Men #9 on top of the stack. Polyester shirt and model kit in the closet, and an Aerosmith poster on the door.

tony-comics-1979.jpg

I can NOT seem to find my albums with the years I got Star Wars toys, so here's one of the Xmas I got my first bike, back when I still lived in Canada.

Get your hands off my ride, mister!

bike1.jpg

Got to keep the hog looking spiffy for the ladyfolk!

bike2.jpg

My brother on the left, me on the right, Christmas morning 1977. My mom had found some old comics at a used book store and wrapped them up for us. You can see a Silver Surfer #18 on the top of my stack, and I distinctly remember that there was a Howard the Duck #1 also.

troy-tony-xmas-1977.jpg

tony-xmas-1977.jpg

Me with my entire comic book collection in 1979. Gee, I wonder why none of my original comics are in mint condition any more? I think that's an X-Men #9 on top of the stack. Polyester shirt and model kit in the closet, and an Aerosmith poster on the door.

tony-comics-1979.jpg

On the chair next to the comics looks like Tyco train cars. Model railroader perhaps?

On the chair next to the comics looks like Tyco train cars. Model railroader perhaps?

That's exactly what they are! Our dad worked for the railroad while we were growing up, so we always had an interest in trains. They are still up in the attic in boxes at my parents' house.

troy-tony-xmas-1977.jpg

tony-xmas-1977.jpg

tony-comics-1979.jpg

Holy spine roll! Great pic (thumbs u

Great topic by the way...nice to have this to look at as an alternative to the idiotic, neverending pressing threads!