• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer... Is it THAT bad?

32 posts in this topic

OK, so I gave it another watch recently and I really disliked it first time around, but this time - I discovered subtle things that I liked about it... Do you guys really think it was THAT bad?

I think the Silver Surfer looked pretty sick.

I liked it although I admit I'm a long time FF fan. I certainly thought it was better than the recent Hulk movie. The Silver Surfer looked cool and I wish they had left out the wedding and showed us more Surfer. I'm not sure I liked Galactus as a cloud but I suspect a giant Galactus assembling his equipment in orbit would have seemed stupid.

So you didn't like The Hulk at all? Was it the end you didn't like? I thought the first half of it was great. Yeah I feel the Galactus could have been WAY better, especially when they were hinting him all the time and then it just lead to a cloud! lol.

Hulk or Incredible Hulk--bad movies. At least, not so great that you take them seriously, kinda like Ghost Rider. FF 1 and FF2 were along the same lines. I honestly didn't think any of those movies were particularly great or mind blowing (i.e. Spider-Man 1 and 2... don't even get me started on 3); however, I do think they all make great "stay at home and kill 2 hours" types of movies--call it guilty pleasure movies or what have you. They work fine, but just can't be taken seriously.

I actually kind of liked the movie. I agree it gets better with each installment. Of course, I would have preferred a much greater emphasis on Silver Surfer. The movie was incredibly short (something like 87 minutes). I think it should have gone into detail of Norrin Raad's origin/sacrifice. They didn't develop his character any where near enough for my liking. The lack of Character development was I found lacking...

Regardless, the more super-hero movies there are, the better IMO (thumbs u

So you didn't like The Hulk at all? Was it the end you didn't like? I thought the first half of it was great. Yeah I feel the Galactus could have been WAY better, especially when they were hinting him all the time and then it just lead to a cloud! lol.

Frankly, I never got to the end of the latest Hulk movie. I hated it. I'm also not a fan of any of the Spiderman movies. I enjoyed the origin of Spiderman's powers and learning to use his powers but hated the Green Goblin.

I believe the cloud in the FF movie was Gator venting.

I liked FF2 actually. Obviously not as good as Iron Man or Dark Knight, but good nonetheless. The movie that I thought dissappointed the most was Punisher. :sick:

Same here.I am a huge fan of Silver Surfer so to see the Surfer come alive made the movie for me. (thumbs u

I actually kind of liked the movie. I agree it gets better with each installment. Of course, I would have preferred a much greater emphasis on Silver Surfer. The movie was incredibly short (something like 87 minutes). I think it should have gone into detail of Norrin Raad's origin/sacrifice. They didn't develop his character any where near enough for my liking. The lack of Character development was I found lacking...

(thumbs u I'm with Alex on this one

I liked both the FF movies and I agree that the second one was way too short with not enough character development. Regardless , I picked up copies of each and have watched them many times. Galactus was very anticlimatic and the money they saved by taking that route cost them millions in return trips and DVD sales.I don't want to sound banal...but an old man asked me once, when I was younger, when he saw me doing a half job, if when I made love did I only go in half the way. That really stuck with me over the years. With FF 2, Marvel only went in half the way. As for the Hulk...I loved both of them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Frankly, I never got to the end of the latest Hulk movie. I hated it. I'm also not a fan of any of the Spiderman movies. I enjoyed the origin of Spiderman's powers and learning to use his powers but hated the Green Goblin.

I believe the cloud in the FF movie was Gator venting.

boy, you think you know a guy.

I liked both the FF movies and I agree that the second one was way too short with not enough character development. Regardless , I picked up copies of each and have watched them many times. Galactus was very anticlimatic and the money they saved by taking that route cost them millions in return trips and DVD sales.I don't want to sound banal...but an old man asked me once, when I was younger, when he saw me doing a half job, if when I made love did I only go in half the way. That really stuck with me over the years. With FF 2, Marvel only went in half the way. As for the Hulk...I loved both of them. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

you know, Jimbo. You might want to leave the "God Bless" moniker off of some of your posts. :o

Just saying. :baiting:

:shy:

Yes it is that bad but it had some redeeming points.

Hulk 2 was a little better, I thought. When Hulk kicked that guy into the tree, I laughed OUTLOUD! It was awesome. The writing was better than FF2 but SS looked really cool.

I guess I mark down FF2 a lot because of the stupid "board=powers" thing and the Galactus thing.

Visually, I appreciated that at least twice in the FF: RotSS the Galactus cloud took the shape of the comic Galactus's trademark helmet. Cool little easter egg for comic fans. (thumbs u

I am a little surprised by the lack of love for the Incredible Hulk movie (I wasn't on the boards when it was released). I liked it.

I still haven't seen FF4 2 yet. I hated the first one enough to keep me from watching it. I'll probaly get around to it some day.

I've liked most of the Marvel movies that have come out recently (IM, Hulk, Spideys) but the first FF4 movie just made me cringe.

FF2 is nowhere near as bad as the first, that invisible girl just ..dude that makes the movie evry time..the second was Ok... stop hating guys, the SS was kinda kool...no comic movie is going to be perfect..not unless we're in like 2020 and fans are highly demanding..right now ..we're just happy to have comic movies...