• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Land of the Lost

53 posts in this topic

But "Old School," "Talladega Nights," "Step Brothers," "Semi-Pro" were just a series of train wrecks.

"Old School" rocked.

There are really funny parts of all of these movies (except Semi-Pro; that blew). But they all have the same problem. They can't sustain. The scenes at the dinner table in Talladega Nights and in Step-Brothers are f-ing hilarious.

That's my feeling as well. They will have "SNL bit" scenes that by themselves are fantastic - plug them into a full movie, and you have an extended dud.

Kind of like the "Night at the Roxbury" movie that should have been left alone as a winning skit with Jim Carrey. One of the funniest SNL episodes, IMHO.

This was probably my favorite Saturday-morning show as a kid... I remember going around with my friends, carrying rocks in my pocket which I pretended were crystals that I could throw together to create an explosion that would frighten away a tyrannosaur...

They could have taken the material and made a really fantastic live-action fantasy movie. Instead it's going to be just another Will Ferrell comedy and, like him or not, it'll be just another comedy that everybody will forget for a while.

I want my sleestaks and my Enik and my pylons and dinosaurs and pakuni! And I don't want them turned into a stupid comedy.

Did anybody see Will on Man Vs Wild? It was pretty cool. (thumbs u

I tivo'd it. I thought it was pretty funny.

I noticed one thing though... The next day, Bear says "We went BACK to the shelter they built..." which intimates to me that THEY DIDN'T SPEND THE NIGHT in that shelter they built.

They probably spent the night in tents with the production staff.

I recorded the later "Uncle Jack" episodes...which suck...

Let me see if I can catch some of the better earlier ones!

Go Sleystack!

Yep.

I stopped watching the show back in the 70s as a 10 year old when "dad" left.

Unlce Jack? :screwy:

Go Sleystack!

Yep.

That's when I stopped, too.

I watched the marathon a few weeks ago and when it got to those episodes, I remember WHY I stopped. lol

Go Sleystack!

Yep.

That's when I stopped, too.

I watched the marathon a few weeks ago and when it got to those episodes, I remember WHY I stopped. lol

I like Ron Harper (Uncle Jack) as an actor - He also played one of the two humans in the TV series, Planet of the Apes. But as much as I like LotL, the first two seasons were by far better.

So did anyone actually go to see the movie? Estimated opening weekend take is $19.5 M, indicating not many people did go.

I'm headed out the door. (thumbs u

So did anyone actually go to see the movie? Estimated opening weekend take is $19.5 M, indicating not many people did go.

Damn. I thought all Will Ferrell had to do was :censored:, and people would flock to it.

Hangover destroyed it. hm

I'm headed out the door. (thumbs u

So were most of the moviegoers it seems. I liked him on SNL at times, but the only movie of his I've sat through was Anchorman - and even that I had to watch a couple of times to appreciate.

I can't stand him at all.

Ditto :sumo:

Wow! Glad to see I am in good company. He was good in "Stranger Than Fiction" IMHO because it was not his typical role.

But "Old School," "Talladega Nights," "Step Brothers," "Semi-Pro" were just a series of train wrecks.

Most of Will Farrel's movies are stupid comedies that usually make me laugh. Stranger Than Fiction was an amazing movie and he was brilliant in this movie. It would make my top 10 movies of the last 10 years.

Land of the Lost? Rental

Most of Will Farrel's movies are stupid comedies that usually make me laugh. Stranger Than Fiction was an amazing movie and he was brilliant in this movie. It would make my top 10 movies of the last 10 years.

Land of the Lost? Rental

Love this scene (and song).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jS7AD-lqwA

Saw it and was underwhelmed.

Grumpy was the best character by far and they even manage to mess him up at the end.

Holly was an interesting twist from the original.