• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if the comic historians deem Hulk 180 as true first appearance of Wolverine

101 posts in this topic

If that logic applies then ads would be first appearances, such as ads for Action 1, MM1, D27 etc.

Yeah, buy your Iron Fist 13's NOW!!

And I'm hoarding these as we speak, and you'll notice that Marvel is NOT promoting Hulk 180 here. :gossip:

Don't know where that promo ad ran, but it definitely did NOT come from Iron Fist 13 or any Iron Fist for that matter...Hulk 181 had a cover date of November 1974 and Iron Fist didn't begin until 1975 :gossip:

The most important hero in the history of comics is Supes and if his first appearance on the inside cover of 3 DC titles haven't been broken out yet 70 years later I doubt Wolvie's first appearance will.

Action #1 was advertised 1 month before it's intro in Detective Comics #15, and (can't remember the iss numbers) in More Fun and New Adventure comics.

R.

DetectiveComics15Interiorcover.jpg

Haven't had my coffee yet.... :sorry:

I'm on my second one :cloud9:

I've got a couple tall cans of Coors light left over from the weekend. I might as well get crackin'. :cloud9:

Another productive day on the horizon, eh Chris?

Overstreet 1987 or 1988 edition did list Hulk 180 as the 1st Wolverine appearance, but somewhere in the process they changed this to 181.

I still think 181 is the key book to have, as how can a cameo like 180 be considered more important?

Then those collectors that are nuts over Gambit should be paying top-dollar for Uncanny X-Men Annual 14 because that was his 1st appearance, or Cable fans paying top-dollar for New Mutants 86 instead of 87 because that is his 1st appearance.

I've got a couple tall cans of Coors light left over from the weekend. I might as well get crackin'. :cloud9:

Another productive day on the horizon, eh Chris?

11am is better.....if one starts drinking at 10. ;)

I guess I'm in the minority, where I think there's at least a possibility for momentum to swing in the other direction. More to do with the lack of high grade 180's vs 181's (go check census). For you older guys, were the 180's dismissed and thrown in $1.00 boxes??

I can't believe that a person from Canada which has some of the finest beers made is drinking Coors light doh!

I can't believe that a person from Canada which has some of the finest beers made is drinking Coors light doh!

lol

I never understood that either.

i've never understood why anyone would drink any Coors product. it's all pretty much pee-water...

When I was younger it was pretty hard to get Coors on the East coast. It was a legendary beer and I remember my first taste of it. Like water gone bad.

If that logic applies then ads would be first appearances, such as ads for Action 1, MM1, D27 etc.

Yeah, buy your Iron Fist 13's NOW!!

And I'm hoarding these as we speak, and you'll notice that Marvel is NOT promoting Hulk 180 here. :gossip:

Don't know where that promo ad ran, but it definitely did NOT come from Iron Fist 13 or any Iron Fist for that matter...Hulk 181 had a cover date of November 1974 and Iron Fist didn't begin until 1975 :gossip:

Thanks for the tip, now go join Beyonder for a coffee. :insane:

The most refreshing beer on the planet. Just make sure the mountains are blue.... :cloud9:

This has probably been talked about a thousand times as well, but what about Amazing Spidey 50 and 51--the exact opposite of Hulk 180 and 181? I know 50 has alot of things going for it, but Kingpin's first real story is in 51, AND he's on the cover! Yet 51 is worth a mere pittance compared to 50. I've always wondered about that.

Jay

Or FF 48, which is incorrectly stated as the First Full Galactus appearance, when that's really FF 49.

And even worse, OS makes foolish errors, like calling Iron Man 55 a "brief/cameo Thanos appearance", when he's fully featured/shown in the story and appears on 8-9 pages.

The most refreshing beer on the planet. Just make sure the mountains are blue yellow.... :cloud9:

Fixed for you :baiting:

Oh krap, I thing I pizzed of Woogie again :eek:

And even worse, OS makes foolish errors, like calling Iron Man 55 a "brief/cameo Thanos appearance", when he's fully featured/shown in the story and appears on 8-9 pages.

Who's Thanos? (shrug)