• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1 - CGC 4.5 - THE HOLY GRAIL

75 posts in this topic

book was purchased tuesday, paid for wednesday, passed some gas wednesday evening and arrived thursday...about as smooth as it goes (thumbs u

:whistle: Nice pickup Rick. (thumbs u

not just wednesday (tsk)

This was a great deal.

I was wondering about the strength of Cap 1 but this shows it's all good.

Yes it did sell below guide but it sold in 1 hour on a selling venue that only a few know about. By few I mean compared to the number of buyers for this type of material.

The 3.0 that sold on ebay yesterday went for $11k which is just under guide. This was a comic that had in my opinion poor eye appeal as well as small amount of glue and color touch as well as cover and CF reattached with tape. I was sure this comic would struggle to achieve 2.0 price. Cap 1

I seem to remember a 4.5 OW sold on C-link exchange a few months back for 14,500 and was only listed a couple days before it sold.

For one of the coolist comics from the GA this is still affordable in mid-grade.

Phew! I'm tired.....this posting stuff is exhausting.

Yes, this was a very fast and easy transaction. Thank you DetectiveKid27 for being a real pro and straight up guy. You make people on these boards look very good to a newbie here like myself.

Congrats Martin and Gator for a cool deal :cool:

This was a great deal.

I was wondering about the strength of Cap 1 but this shows it's all good.

Yes it did sell below guide but it sold in 1 hour on a selling venue that only a few know about. By few I mean compared to the number of buyers for this type of material.

The 3.0 that sold on ebay yesterday went for $11k which is just under guide. This was a comic that had in my opinion poor eye appeal as well as small amount of glue and color touch as well as cover and CF reattached with tape. I was sure this comic would struggle to achieve 2.0 price. Cap 1

I seem to remember a 4.5 OW sold on C-link exchange a few months back for 14,500 and was only listed a couple days before it sold.

For one of the coolist comics from the GA this is still affordable in mid-grade.

Phew! I'm tired.....this posting stuff is exhausting.

Cap 1 will be going up if that movie is a hit...I love that "full" date stamp on your Cap 1 avatar lhcomics (thumbs u got a full scan to post?

Cap 1 will be going up if that movie is a hit...I love that "full" date stamp on your Cap 1 avatar lhcomics (thumbs u got a full scan to post?

I think I can find a scan. ;)

I actually have pics of every page. lol

cap1.jpg

I think I can find a scan. ;)

I actually have pics of every page. lol

cap1.jpg

(thumbs u Looks like a solid, unrestored copy... :luhv: full date stamp :luhv:

What's a copy of this in around 1.0 go for offhand? No way I'd ever see a copy like THIS in my day--really nice looking book :cloud9:
problem is that most 1.0s would have been restored...there are 3 on the census, but I know at least one of them has been cracked and restored...my guess is 7500 or so

What's a copy of this in around 1.0 go for offhand? No way I'd ever see a copy like THIS in my day--really nice looking book :cloud9:
problem is that most 1.0s would have been restored...there are 3 on the census, but I know at least one of them has been cracked and restored...my guess is 7500 or so

Metro had a 1.0 that sold for $5700 not too long ago...

Metro had a 1.0 that sold for $5700 not too long ago...

WOW... I guess that makes this book seem like an even better deal then considering you're doubling the price but getting more than 4x the grade!