• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Anyone know how to reach CAP Freak?

878 posts in this topic

Steve Borock took him under his wing at most conventions he attended, so I wonder of Steve can talk some sense into him.

As stated before I sent him a PM, (which he has not read yet) and I am sure he will be at SDCC 2009 so I will see whats up.

I can't believe you're still talking about talking sense into him and seeing "what's up". This is the fourth time he's been in this kind of stuation, the FOURTH. :makepoint: How many times does it take? Kid or not, his attitude to people is very obvious.

Permaban.

Nah, hes a Dopey Kid acting completly irresponsibly and potentially criminally.

But hes still a minor.

Ban him till hes a legal adult, then put him on a 1 year no selling/buying probation.

Anyone can change, banning a minor forever is excessive IMO

I humbly disagree.

Steve Borock took him under his wing at most conventions he attended, so I wonder of Steve can talk some sense into him.

As stated before I sent him a PM, (which he has not read yet) and I am sure he will be at SDCC 2009 so I will see whats up.

I can't believe you're still talking about talking sense into him and seeing "what's up". This is the fourth time he's been in this kind of stuation, the FOURTH. :makepoint: How many times does it take? Kid or not, his attitude to people is very obvious.

Permaban.

But hes still a minor.

Ban him till hes a legal adult, then put him on a 1 year no selling/buying probation.

I humbly disagree.

I was written off by a lot of people as a teenager for some of the things I did, and if their extrapolations of who I would become were correct, I'd be in jail right now. So I tend to agree that a permanent ban, even in light of his transgressions, is harsh. I wouldn't be surprised if, 5 years from now, he was a totally different person, and felt a lot of remorse for his actions here as a consequence.

You can't inspire young people to choose the right path in life by giving up on them when they up.

Permaban.

But hes still a minor.

I humbly disagree.

I was written off by a lot of people as a teenager for some of the things I did, and if their extrapolations of who I would become were correct, I'd be in jail right now. So I tend to agree that a permanent ban, even in light of his transgressions, is harsh. I wouldn't be surprised if, 5 years from now, he was a totally different person, and felt a lot of remorse for his actions here as a consequence.

You can't inspire young people to choose the right path in life by giving up on them when they up.

Fair enough but how many chances should he be given? People have been reluctant to give up on him and he's thrown it back in their faces. For as many people like you who look back with regret on what they did wrong, there are, I think, a lot more people who just carry on being total :censored: for the rest of there lives. I guess you've got more patience than me, which isn't a criticism.

I do understand your logic. I'm not a vindictive person (unless it is Lebowski - that guy has to burn in Goon hell :jokealert: ).

But I am very, very concerned that Connor has learned to play people, and needs to have a harsh reality check that once discovered, the majority will not tolerate such behavior.

You start hinting that all will be forgiven, it is like trying to talk an alcoholic out of their bad ways. As soon as they see an opening, they will take full advantage of the situation.

He is a repeat offender, and now not on a small scale. When one board member has $100 into this kid, that is bad. His responses back to buyers when he FINALLY acknowledged them were very much the actions of someone that doesn't care about being a repeat offender.

His must learn a lesson, and learn it well. Otherwise, at this young age, it will stick with him for life. Then WE are the problem that helped him along.

I'm not saying give up on him - then who does he learn from to be a better person? But if folks start receiving his excuse PMs and write it off as he is just a kid, and "It's okay Connor - you're a good kid," you now opened up a door that he may never come back through.

He even conned J that we were all being very insensitive to his personal family problem that held up sending out books, and it turns out that was a lie and he then screwed J over. To me, IMHO, that was even worse as now it makes J feel like a sucker for falling into his trap!

I'd handle this very sternly, stick to your guns, but don't make it vindicitive.

Permaban.

But hes still a minor.

I humbly disagree.

Fair enough but how many chances should he be given? People have been reluctant to give up on him and he's thrown it back in their faces. For as many people like you who look back with regret on what they did wrong, there are, I think, a lot more people who just carry on being total :censored: for the rest of there lives. I guess you've got more patience than me, which isn't a criticism.

But that's my point; he obviously doesn't have the capacity to acknowledge his guilt with his current mindset, nor has he made restitution, so he shouldn't be given any more chances as of right now. But if he were to come on here a couple of years from now and fully acknoledge his mistakes, as well as attempt, even in some small way, to show that he's willing to contribute positively to this community again, it's at that point that I think he should be given another chance. That's why I don't think a permanent ban is in order; his deliberative faculties are still developing.

I was wildly unpopular in my grad school psych classes for suggesting that some kids don't benefit from a time-out, and just need a good assbeating.

i agree, some kids just don't "get it" and they need to understand pain will come with some of their stupid actions.

j

My parents whipped my butt, and I deserved it. If they'd sent me to a corner for a 'time-out', I'd have just have used those minutes to devise other devious to pull.

I honestly believe that my dad's belt is the primary reason I'm not currently incarcerated.

Most kids today would think those are urban legends getting a belt across your azz. We had a very strict household with no margin of error. It was like living on a keg of nitro. No talking at the supper table. None. Eat and shut up. I had the unfortunate honor of sitting next to my old man. He caught me sticking a mouthful of mashed potatoes at my sister on night. The last thing I remember was semi-uncounciousness on the floor after a right cross. I was about 14. All I remembered was my mother saying " Did you have to hit him that hard", as everyone continued with there dinner. WTF. How hard was his supposed to crack me? :o

DRX

Ahhhh, paternal abuse. So fun.

I believe someone asked for a map of his house :devil:...

and before the flaming begins... this isn't even a map of CA :jokealert:

I thought someone had lost their mind as that would be WAY over the bounds of reasonable. Then I saw Fort Worth.

I believe someone asked for a map of his house :devil:...

and before the flaming begins... this isn't even a map of CA :jokealert:

I thought someone had lost their mind as that would be WAY over the bounds of reasonable. Then I saw Forth Worth.

I tried to be real obvious with it. (thumbs u

See my above post; I address many of your points.

I'd handle this very sternly, stick to your guns, but don't make it vindicitive.

I agree. I believe a permanent ban on someone whose deliberative faculties are still in development is vindictive.

But as of right now, he should be pursued and made accountable for his actions. I'm not advocating lieniency, I'm just against permanent condemnation of his moral fiber.

I agree. I believe a permanent ban on someone whose deliberative faculties are still in development is vindictive.

But as of right now, he should be pursued and made accountable for his actions. I'm not advocating lieniency, I'm just against permanent condemnation of his moral fiber.

I agree with Andrew. You can't permanently write off the man for what the boy may have done. He should have the opportunity to learn and grow and correct what is wrong with him. Just from my own personal life, I have close friends (who did a lot worse than this) who learned from their mistakes, modified their behavior and became great men.

Let's put the safety tips back on the pitchforks, douse the torches and let the authorities deal with young Connor. I, for one, will be hoping for the best.

And btw, age has nothing to do with it. I have met as many level headed kids as I have met "a hole" adults. Sadly it looks like Connor is headed very quickly towards the latter of the two.

Before this thread, I didn't realize he was only 15 or 16.

None of you ever did stupid mess when you were that age? I'm not condoning what he did, and he should be punished, but stupid decisions and teenagers go together like steak and bacon, or chicken and bacon, or bacon and beer.

Mmmmm....chicken bacon......

homer-drool.gif

I agree with Andrew. You can't permanently write off the man for what the boy may have done. He should have the opportunity to learn and grow and correct what is wrong with him. Just from my own personal life, I have close friends (who did a lot worse than this) who learned from their mistakes, modified their behavior and became great men.

Let's put the safety tips back on the pitchforks, douse the torches and let the authorities deal with young Connor. I, for one, will be hoping for the best.

Great, and when we reach that bridge of forgiveness, we'll cross it.

Meanwhile, Connor should not be allowed to buy or sell through this forum, and even better if it is made clear that he is not welcomed back here UNTIL he refunds the money he owes, and takes a long time to think over his actions.

We have a long ways to go until he will be back on any reasonable person's trustworthy list.

This is the most sensible way of going about this situation,you cant condemn someone for a lifetime because of something they do as children.He has to make good his promises,yes.He needs to know that there are reprocussions to his actions,but once the dust settles he should be able to come back to the boards.I dont think he should be allowed to sell or buy anything for that matter,but now we know that maybe we should be careful about doing business with him in the future. 2c