• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick you favorite pre-Robin Tec!!

favorite pre-Robin  

228 members have voted

1. 1. favorite pre-Robin

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have all of these at one time. My favorite would be a tie between the 31, and 35, but I would maybe give the 31 the edge, so the 31.

The 35 is classic not becuase of the needle, but becuase of the large image of The Batman and his ears going up into the logo.

I could be wrong, but I bet alot of the voters who had #31 as their favorite, had the 35 as their second choice.

Take nothing away from the 29 because it is also a killer cover, as is the 33 (has Batman with "45" in his gun holster (very Shadow-like)

I agree with the other post, the many idf not all people consider the splash page to Detective 35 to be one of the best splash pages in comic book history, if not the Best!! (large image of Batman with the 45's smoking)...WOW!!!!

tec35splash.jpg

q1.jpg

There were a number of documents that surfaced that indicated that the Batman was directly taken from the Shadow (note the cover of the Partners of Peril from 1936, and the similarities to the above Splash page from Detective 35 (1940).

Partners_Strasseradj-11group-2.jpg

Dwight

35 does have the best splash page for sure...My 35 is still available Dwight.. :baiting:

Hi,

I have all of these at one time. My favorite would be a tie between the 31, and 35, but I would maybe give the 31 the edge, so the 31.

The 35 is classic not becuase of the needle, but becuase of the large image of The Batman and his ears going up into the logo.

I could be wrong, but I bet alot of the voters who had #31 as their favorite, had the 35 as their second choice.

Take nothing away from the 29 because it is also a killer cover, as is the 33 (has Batman with "45" in his gun holster (very Shadow-like)

I agree with the other post, the many idf not all people consider the splash page to Detective 35 to be one of the best splash pages in comic book history, if not the Best!! (large image of Batman with the 45's smoking)...WOW!!!!

tec35splash.jpg

q1.jpg

There were a number of documents that surfaced that indicated that the Batman was directly taken from the Shadow (note the cover of the Partners of Peril from 1936, and the similarities to the above Splash page from Detective 35 (1940).

Partners_Strasseradj-11group-2.jpg

Dwight

I agree, 31 was my first choice but 35 is a close second. A large Batman with huge ears, putting a choke hold on a mad doctor... simply great!

#33 for me. I like it for the 1st origin of Batman.

For many years the OS GUIDE would state that #33 was a scarce book. I don't know, is it still considered scarce?

33 is not tough at all in my opinion...it's the most "common" of all the Pre-Rob Bat covers in my experience...

For many years the OS GUIDE would state that #33 was a scarce book. I don't know, is it still considered scarce?

33 is not tough at all in my opinion...it's the most "common" of all the Pre-Rob Bat covers in my experience...

actually, that is not "entirely" true...

there are as many 29s or 31's out there as there are 33's...but, because the 33 got all the early initial attention (and prices were far higher than its counterparts), the 33 publicly traded hands more often (thus, giving the appearance, it was more common)...

that said:

if restricted to this list, in that order of desire

actually, that is not "entirely" true...

there are as many 29s or 31's out there as there are 33's...but, because the 33 got all the early initial attention (and prices were far higher than its counterparts), the 33 publicly traded hands more often (thus, giving the appearance, it was more common)...

that said:

if restricted to this list, in that order of desire

Good point Rick...glad to have you back from Heroes Con...