• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

I consider Nick (Bosco) a great friend..... Heck, I used to see Colin (Phigam) this way as well, but from everything I have read, he was completely out of line. When he is allowed to start posting again, job #1 better be that public apology if he wants any chance at redemption 2c

Nick, kudos to you for keeping a cool head amidst Colin's childish douchebaggery :foryou:

+1

Seriously Nick, I could never be that cool headed about that sort of attack, MAJOR kudos on your part. You can call me whatever you want, but once someone suggests that I've engaged in inappropriate behavior with a child, it's on. Someone better apologize. I'm a lover not a fighter, but the person making that accusation better stay the hell away from me henceforth.

I'd honestly be investigating legal action had it happened to me. Libel and defamation of character to start. Doubt it would go anywhere, but still I'd be looking

And yes, he did send a threatening PM when he was caught trying to sell a book on here that he recently told a fellow board member he didn't have when it sold on eBay for a fairly low price. That message I did save which also clearly shows the forum assigned ID # to prove it is real. It was a lame threat, but one that was made anyway.

Separate from his inappropriate posts issue, you keep saying this yet wasn't that cleared up as just using the pic as a reference?

And yes, he did send a threatening PM when he was caught trying to sell a book on here that he recently told a fellow board member he didn't have when it sold on eBay for a fairly low price. That message I did save which also clearly shows the forum assigned ID # to prove it is real. It was a lame threat, but one that was made anyway.

Separate from his inappropriate posts issue, you keep saying this yet wasn't that cleared up as just using the pic as a reference?

No, I'm not referring to the pic in his signature line which finally ended in a strike. I'm talking about a lame PM threat after I raised the concern with him that he was using the same photo to represent "separate books." He denied it at first, stated it was a different photos, then admitted it was the same photo, that's when he got even more excited.

You actually didn't think someone that would go as far as to make up a PM about someone being a child molester wouldn't go as far as direct threats to boot?

Maybe I should be a lot more offended what he did as being a dad you never want someone playing the games he did. I'm just assuming this is a kid.

No, I'm not referring to the pic in his signature line which finally ended in a strike. I'm talking about a lame PM threat after I raised the concern with him that he was using the same photo to represent "separate books." He denied it at first, stated it was a different photos, then admitted it was the same photo, that's when he got even more excited.

You actually didn't think someone that would go as far as to make up a PM about someone being a child molester wouldn't go as far as direct threats to boot?

Maybe I should be a lot more offended what he did as being a dad you never want someone playing the games he did. I'm just assuming this is a kid.

Let me clarify:

I was specifically asking about the situation in where Philgam had a sales thread, he linked to an ebay auction which was to show what the book looked like, but was (last I knew of) was not the actual book for sale, it was just used a a picture reference. It seems you are saying above that he later admitted that it was indeed the same book. Is that correct?

As far as the other, I never questioned whether he was capable of threats, making up PMs or whatever. Fortunately I missed all that this weekend. Just wanted to clarify the original linked picture situation.

Let me clarify:

I was specifically asking about the situation in where Philgam had a sales thread, he linked to an ebay auction which was to show what the book looked like, but was (last I knew of) was not the actual book for sale, it was just used a a picture reference. It seems you are saying above that he later admitted that it was indeed the same book. Is that correct?

As far as the other, I never questioned whether he was capable of threats, making up PMs or whatever. Fortunately I missed all that this weekend. Just wanted to clarify the original linked picture situation.

Oh, I get what you are asking now. Sorry!

It wasn't that he linked the sales thread to an eBay account. It was that he used a stock photo from an eBay sale that a board member had won which then didn't represent the book he was now selling (whether it was the same book or not).

At this point, after all the smoke cleared and spear waving ended, who knows what was fact or fiction anymore? But his sales thread was pulled due to Sales Guideline 7:

List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

Using stock photos when potential buyers are expecting to judge for themselves if the grade matches the photo is not allowed. That's what did it.

I find any statement that involves a fellow board members wife or children to be in very poor taste even if the original intent was nothing more than a joke.

Very very very true.

Let me clarify:

Oh, I get what you are asking now.

No, apparently you didn't get what I was asking, I just wanted to know if he later admitted that the ebay book was indeed the one he was selling in the Marketplace Forum at an adjusted grade.

No, apparently you didn't get what I was asking, I just wanted to know if he later admitted that the ebay book was indeed the one he was selling in the Marketplace Forum at an adjusted grade.

See, no more "one cup of coffee" mornings to start the day. Then I keep messing up.

At first Colin stated it was NOT the same photo but a different photo. Then later, in the Sales Problem thread, he stated it was the same photo, but that he didn't know he had to actually list an exact photo of the book to be sold.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=163911&Number=3265868#Post3265868

A little confusing, but hopefully you can see why.

I find any statement that involves a fellow board members wife or children to be in very poor taste even if the original intent was nothing more than a joke.

Very very very true.

What if they don't have a wife or children? I only ask because I was the "victim" of one of these jokes once, here.

I took no offense, because there really was nothing to get offended about, I am just asking...

-slym

Very very very true.

What if they don't have a wife or children? I only ask because I was the "victim" of one of these jokes once, here.

I took no offense, because there really was nothing to get offended about, I am just asking...

-slym

To be honest, what was levelled at Nick had nothing to do with his family. I don't think any single guy would take kindly to being called what Nick was called either.

Forget about the photo confusion for now, were there two books(one in the Sales Thread and the other being the "lost" one) or was his CGC Board listing and the "lost" book the exactsame book?

Colin claimed they were different books, but he used the same photo in both listings.

(thumbs u

And supposedly with a promise to the original winner if he found another copy, he would immediately contact that person to sell it to him.

That is why the original winner asked in the sales thread about that book since he expected to be contacted.

As far as if it was the same exact book, when someone uses a stock photo, how would you know what was truth?

Very very very true.

-slym

To be honest, what was levelled at Nick had nothing to do with his family. I don't think any single guy would take kindly to being called what Nick was called either.

Oh, I know... I was referring particularly to my quoted post.

:whistle:

-slym

bosco are you really gary glitter? what else are you hiding?

:jokealert:

anyway, surprised that colin was such a about the whole thing.if anyone should be looked upon as a go to guy to help out others and to keep the integrity of the boards complete, i haven't seen anyone step like you. to be treated and talked down to like that is just plain wrong.

j