• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

The worstest scam is someone posting multiple times they've had enough and that they are leaving and never do. :baiting:

That's the "How can I miss you if you won't go away?" theme :grin:

I'm not sure post count would do anything, some people post a zillion times, and some of the nicest, most reliable people you could ever deal with, post very seldom.

Sharon, I have to agree with you. Potentially using post count to identify those that are ready to sell or buy may not work.

We had a seller on here last night I NEVER thought I'd see try something that was very bothersome.

He tried to sell a book on eBay that then it appears he was not happy with the final sales price. A fellow board member wins the book, and then he tells the buyer the book is gone (?) so he can't sell it to him.

Last night he posts the same exact book, same exact eBay photo, boosts the price up $20 higher than the final eBay sales price, and then kicks the raw grade up one level (eBay listing was 9.6; Forum listing was 9.8). What he failed to realize is the original eBay winner was watching his thread.

This seller has well over 4,000 posts, and been on here for quite a while.

Could do with some PM info there me old matey!

+1

I'd appreciate a PM also.

Shoot me the info. :sumo:

I'm not sure post count would do anything, some people post a zillion times, and some of the nicest, most reliable people you could ever deal with, post very seldom.

Sharon, I have to agree with you. Potentially using post count to identify those that are ready to sell or buy may not work.

We had a seller on here last night I NEVER thought I'd see try something that was very bothersome.

He tried to sell a book on eBay that then it appears he was not happy with the final sales price. A fellow board member wins the book, and then he tells the buyer the book is gone (?) so he can't sell it to him.

Last night he posts the same exact book, same exact eBay photo, boosts the price up $20 higher than the final eBay sales price, and then kicks the raw grade up one level (eBay listing was 9.6; Forum listing was 9.8). What he failed to realize is the original eBay winner was watching his thread.

Could do with some PM info there me old matey!

+1

I'd appreciate a PM also.

Shoot me the info. :sumo:

A PM would be appreciated.

So now, what do you have?

A few other private sales, but I'm not going to post them. It's up to the buyer.

Pardon me if I missed something. I won't be able to read the full thread until later, but if you're going to make accusations, the correct thing to do would be to "out" these offenders.

Otherwise, it's akin to using an "unnamed source" in a newspaper story. If they're :censored: people...give 'em up. At least a PM to those of us that buy many books on this site. I haven't had a problem...yet. (shrug)

Agreed, similar to mlb and steriods, they only said a few names and didn`t out the other 103, so that throws suspicion around for all the rest.

Pardon me if I missed something. I won't be able to read the full thread until later, but if you're going to make accusations, the correct thing to do would be to "out" these offenders.

Obviously, but as I am not involved in the transactions, that is not my place. PMs are private and I would never post them on here.

P.S. The most the obvious reason to "play it cool" is to see if you can get a refund, as once it goes public, you've pretty well given up any hope of seeing your cash again.

This thread was brought to my attention just now...Bosco's above statement is definitely referring to myself :acclaim: it is also so far from the truth that my brain hurts.

what IS true, is that I used the same picture from a book I had up on ebay in my FS thread two days ago...

i had a raw 9.6 copy of Invincible #2 up on feebay for $19.99 a few MONTHS ago, and a board member bought it and another more expensive slab. I sent him the slab, but could not find this raw Invincible #2...I refunded him his money back, and some extra money for his time and trouble (which he was MORE than happy about)...125% refund to be exact.

He left me positive feedback on ebay and we have been nothing but amicable since...he even PMd me about my FS thread asking which raw goons and other books I would have up for sale (wondering if he could snag any before I posted them).

In my for sale thread two days ago, i had a raw 9.8 Invincible #2 for sale...and YES, i used the same picture from said ebay transaction (although it was not for the same copy). This violated rule #7 for the FS forum.

To make myself clear:

NO, IT WAS NOT THE SAME BOOK IN MY FS THREAD THAT I 'SOLD' ON EBAY!

Bosco jumped to the wrong conclusion (an all-too-common trend around these parts) and got all butt-hurt and grumpy about it...I explained what happened, and he was a rude dunce about it..I still can't believe that Bosco can't fathom the idea that I might actually have multiple copies of the same book :screwy:

There was no grade bump, and i certainly didn't 'hold out' on a $20-$30 book saying I didn't have it when i did! I also certainly didn't sell the book because I was unhappy with the price! Geesh, it's not like the board member scored the book for super-cheap on feebay, it wasn't even an auction! It was a BIN for $19.99 for god sake!

Bosco posts all of this lame, incorrect BS in my FS thread, when he could have just sent me a PM like a good boy...In the future, he should get his facts straight before 'outing' someone for something they aren't guilty of...

There will be no more super-long tirades about this from me :) I have friends on these boards through my 1,000+ transactions here (and I love each and everyone of ya!), and there a few members who are on my dunce list (Bosco is definitely included)...There are also more than a few of you who don't like me, and that's fine...I didn't join up on these boards to make friends..I joined up to learn more about comics, buy more and sell more comics and to show my excitement for the books and OA that I dig...

Those of you who actually know me understand how passionate I am about the books which I collect, and...yeah...how 'perturbed' I can be when someone steps on my tail..ie the Chandler Rice tussle (who ate his words and apologized to me both face-to-face AND here on the boards, for those who don't remember).

Bottome line: Just because I posted an older picture I took of a book, doesn't mean:

1) That it is the same exact copy I had up on feebay

2) I'm upping the grade on a book

3) I'm upping the price on a book

4) Not selling someone a book bc I'm upset about the pre-set price that I made for the book :screwy:

The above four points are the incorrect assumptions Bosco made, and then 'outed' me for. He threatened me multiple times in our PMs AFTER he made incorrect posts in my FS thread, and for these actions I consider Bosco a DUNCE.

It is sad that the dunces around these parts seem to be louder than the more level-headed...

edit:

FYI, the 9.6 book was listed at $19.99 BIN on feebay, the 9.8 raw was listed for $34...that's NOT a $20 price bump, Bosco meh AND, You can see it again in my FS thread tomorrow (thumbs u

The above four points are the incorrect assumptions Bosco made, and then 'outed' me for. He threatened me multiple times in our PMs AFTER he made incorrect posts in my FS thread, and for these actions I consider Bosco a DUNCE.

Well Colin, if anything, you are consistent. Consistent at name-calling, consistent at getting lost in your lies, and consistent at showing what a child you are.

Unfortunately, with the thread pulled NOT by my request, but because how nasty you became with your name-calling and violating sales policy, your statement that it was actually a new photo cannot be referenced back.

You told a board member (Bcruze) that the book he had just won was sold to someone else mistakenly, and after refunding his money you promised if you ran across another copy you would contact him so he could buy it.

Here it is, a short while later, and low and behold, another copy with the same photo shows up. How do you think you helped yourself when at first you stated it was not the same photo, even though it had the same exact file name as the eBay listing that was in the link Bcruze posted? Even better, a few folks said that you like to call everyone a Dunce when your little fits of rage kicked in, and you were true-to-form, showing you couldn't explain what happened correctly, but rather spent more time using that word over and over.

You may have friends on here, but quite a few folks learned a lesson about your selling practices AND how you treat fellow board members that buy from you. And if anyone is a Dunce, Colin, take a good look in the mirror. If you are going to lie or cannot clarify correctly when Bcruze asked if that was his book, and he was wanting a PM how you were going to stick to the original commitment of selling the book to him that had been "sold to someone else," you sir are the dunce.

And I never threatened you via PM like you stated other than when you told me "drawing lines in the sand against me over this is probably something you'll wish you hadn't done someday," I made it very clear I'll be right here waiting.

You screwed up, got caught, and this last post just shows how wrong you were in what you did and how you react to getting caught.

"drawing lines in the sand against me over this is probably something you'll wish you hadn't done someday,"

Are you kidding me :roflmao: x 1,000,000

Hey, he was reading "HOW TO BECOME AN EVIL SUPERVILLAIN IN FIVE EASY STEPS" and I guess he thought he was at Step 4 (Ensure to make "pending evil" statement that leaves the threatened shivering and wondering when doom will arrive).

(shrug)

"drawing lines in the sand against me over this is probably something you'll wish you hadn't done someday,"

Hey, he was reading "HOW TO BECOME AN EVIL SUPERVILLAIN IN FIVE EASY STEPS" and I guess he thought he was at Step 4 (Ensure to make "pending evil" statement that leaves the threatened shivering and wondering when doom will arrive).

(shrug)

:censored:ing LAME.

Comic messageboard tuffguys lol

(shrug)

:censored:ing LAME.

Comic messageboard tuffguys lol

Just imagine if he had gotten to Step 5 (End all statements with an evil, maniacal laugh, such as "Mwahahahaha, Muwhahahaha, Muahahaha, Bwahahaha, Pwahahaha," but never "Hohohohoho.").

Obviously, but as I am not involved in the transactions, that is not my place. PMs are private and I would never post them on here.

P.S. The most the obvious reason to "play it cool" is to see if you can get a refund, as once it goes public, you've pretty well given up any hope of seeing your cash again.

good point.