• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Too Many Forum Scams for Me!

355 posts in this topic

I'd be interested in knowing who the cullprits are...speaking for myself, this is the first I've heard of this...I've mostly pretty much never been disappointed with my purchases.

That being said, it's also been a while since I've bought much, but I've never had a bad experience.

I've had a couple of deals with him that went smoothly, and I would not expect to have a problem dealing with him in the future. Hopefully, a week off will give him time to cool off. :foryou:

Same here - I consider Colin (phigam) a decent enough fellow, but calling someone else a pedophile in a for sales thread is seriously up.

I don't know phigam, but calling someone a child molester, on an open board no less, is unforgivable. We all lose our tempers at times, and even the best of us are reduced to name calling. i myself have called someone a liar and a thief on these boards, (both of which were true...), but a personal attack of this extent is just plain vicious. A public apology is the only redemption possible.

what the [spoon] is wrong with this place?

Likely a combination of things with the poor economy being the main reason. There is a lot of negativity out there right now.

:(

Just shows how fragile everything really is.

Likely a combination of things with the poor economy being the main reason. There is a lot of negativity out there right now.

Roy, I would agree the financially challenging times brings out the worst in folks. But, I hope people's positive values and characterists win out over taking the easy way out.

By the way, I love the thread you started to keep the positive going on here. Sorry I went into there for support when the attacks were going on, as it only followed me.

Roy, I would agree the financially challenging times brings out the worst in folks. But, I hope people's positive values and characterists win out over taking the easy way out.

By the way, I love the thread you started to keep the positive going on here. Sorry I went into there for support when the attacks were going on, as it only followed me.

No worries. It's just a public thread but I'm glad things cooled down.

Many of us have been through tough times. I was on the brink of personal bankrupcy in 2004/05 when my separation happened. It was a horrible time...but I took to these boards as an escape and a source entertainment.

I'm a very large believer in forgiveness and would certainly hope that even though these are tough times people would realize that this is where the strongest life lessons are learned.

R.

I've had a couple of deals with him that went smoothly, and I would not expect to have a problem dealing with him in the future. Hopefully, a week off will give him time to cool off. :foryou:

Same here - I consider Colin (phigam) a decent enough fellow, but calling someone else a pedophile in a for sales thread is seriously up.

I don't know phigam, but calling someone a child molester, on an open board no less, is unforgivable. We all lose our tempers at times, and even the best of us are reduced to name calling. i myself have called someone a liar and a thief on these boards, (both of which were true...), but a personal attack of this extent is just plain vicious. A public apology is the only redemption possible.

Yes, it would go a long way and I hope Colin does it, but I would not count on it or take it as a sign the same thing won't happen in the future. Colin has a history of this sort of childish, immature behavior where he makes threatening remarks to others he has disagreements with. I hope this strike gives him time to cool down and think about what his behavior costs him in term of personal relationships.

I'm almost of the opinion that what we're seeing now by way of "scams" & etc are a combination of the natural outgrowth of the number of deals being done here combined with the maturation of the concept of getting things out in the open.

The Probation thread and its sister discussion thread have done a lot to advance the idea that it's okay to announce when you've had a deal go poorly. Perhaps back when the Marketplace began, people were less sure about making a bad deal a public issue vs. settling things via pm. Plus, there wasn't a real good way to get news of your bad deal out in the open, as the marketplace discussion thread was too broad to crystallise a particular issue for people

(shrug)

Yes, it would go a long way and I hope Colin does it, but I would not count on it or take it as a sign the same thing won't happen in the future. Colin has a history of this sort of childish, immature behavior where he makes threatening remarks to others he has disagreements with. I hope this strike gives him time to cool down and think about what his behavior costs him in term of personal relationships.

I consider Nick (Bosco) a great friend..... Heck, I used to see Colin (Phigam) this way as well, but from everything I have read, he was completely out of line. When he is allowed to start posting again, job #1 better be that public apology if he wants any chance at redemption 2c

Nick, kudos to you for keeping a cool head amidst Colin's childish douchebaggery :foryou:

Love the Bosco the Clown avatar. lol

I consider Nick (Bosco) a great friend..... Heck, I used to see Colin (Phigam) this way as well, but from everything I have read, he was completely out of line. When he is allowed to start posting again, job #1 better be that public apology if he wants any chance at redemption 2c

Nick, kudos to you for keeping a cool head amidst Colin's childish douchebaggery :foryou:

+1

I'm almost of the opinion that what we're seeing now by way of "scams" & etc are a combination of the natural outgrowth of the number of deals being done here combined with the maturation of the concept of getting things out in the open.

The Probation thread and its sister discussion thread have done a lot to advance the idea that it's okay to announce when you've had a deal go poorly. Perhaps back when the Marketplace began, people were less sure about making a bad deal a public issue vs. settling things via pm. Plus, there wasn't a real good way to get news of your bad deal out in the open, as the marketplace discussion thread was too broad to crystallise a particular issue for people

(shrug)

Excellent point and i think you're right that both the creation of the Probation Thread and the increased number of deals have all lead to more issues being surfaced...

It still seems as though the percentage of deals gone bad is very low.

I also think as a community, we tend to gravitate towards these issues and beat them to death...This is probably the safest place you can do busiess as you actually know a good percentage of those you choose to do business with.....

Thanks fellas.

And I changed my avatar not to add fuel to the fire, but more to show I'm over it and taking it as a joke. I mean, come on, who uses "dunce-clown" in a conversation these days?

+1

Seriously Nick, I could never be that cool headed about that sort of attack, MAJOR kudos on your part. You can call me whatever you want, but once someone suggests that I've engaged in inappropriate behavior with a child, it's on. Someone better apologize. I'm a lover not a fighter, but the person making that accusation better stay the hell away from me henceforth.