• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'd rather be a nobody then a never been ;)

:banana:

I would rather be a has-been than a never-was :blush:

Well, well....Have havn't heard a peep from you since Yorba Linda. :hi:

Who the heck is Wolfhulk?

More importantly, why do you guys keep doing business with these nobodies? And then act surprised when the deal goes bad?

When you run a public thread, it's hard to police who buys from you. I suppose someone could post something like "I won't sell to anyone who has been a member for less than 6 months" or something, but that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Besides, a significant portion of the deadbeats on the current list have high post counts. I haven't seen much correlation between time on the board and ability to follow through with a transaction.

Okay, you're right with respect to selling. I was mostly thinking of buying from a nobody.

I think a pretty high percentage of the people on the probation list are indeed nobodies. I don't necessarily correlate high post count with whether they're a nobody or not. More important to me is the quality of their participation. Any brainless twit can run up a huge post count in no time. Looking at the current list:

aaron568 nobody

(added 11/6/08)

bronzejunkie

(added 3/26/07)

clobberintime big surprise

(added 11/7/07)

comicmankev not a nobody, but there were indications early on that he was trouble

(added 3/27/07)

ComicSupply not a nobody, but there were indications early on that he was trouble

(added 10/28/08 - 3rd "Hall of Shame" Member)

DarkKnight2K4 nobody

(added 4/24/08)

Dbostejano nobody

(added 10/12/08)

donavan74 nobody

(added 3/27/07)

Ghastly big surprise

(added by majority vote 12/3/07)

gilbertotorres

(added 11/5/08 - 2nd "Hall of Shame" Member)

Henchman nobody

(added 4/25/08)

Herald2Galactus nobody

(Inaugural Member & 1st "Hall of Shame" Member)

Jmarch51 nobody

(added 2/14/08)

Lighthouse not a nobody, but should be in the Hall of Shame, and it's not like there wasn't plenty of warning about him

(added 6/13/07)

Marc Wolfe nobody

(added 9/15/08)

Markweb nobody

(added 3/24/09)

matewan1990

(added 3/3/08)

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

Nascar nobody

(added 6/2/07)

NEXTLVL nobody

(added 10/12/08)

rza808 nobody

(added 12/29/08)

Sid nobody

(added 8/8/07)

SIXX_VAN_ROSE nobody

(added 11/7/08)

SpiderJay300 nobody

(added 9/15/07)

Superman20 nobody

(added 12/18/07)

THATONEGUY nobody

(added 1/11/08)

Wolfhulk nobody

(added 3/24/09)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat nobody

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!!

I've had 1000+ post forumites flake out on transactions (none of whom post here anymore)... and I've sold books to lots of good folks with low post counts (and in one case, 0 posts!) with no problems at all. People do flake out, but post counts are not an accurate measure of it.

It's a roll of the dice (worship)

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

$4000.00 scam!!! :sumo:

I met alleybat at MegaCon. What a teeny tiny scrawny weaselly excuse of a man.

:o

Did he actually come out and tell you who he was? Or had you known him prior to the big scam? In any event: WOW.

He was shopping around the same PLOD Batman 1. Funny thing is that he made more money on the book than he scammed it for here.

Amazing that you can make more money being honest than by being a scammer huh?

:news:

Dang I wish I could have been there. Although it might have been fodder for a new episode of the First 48....... :devil:

Edited by Vtcomics

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

This fool should also be on the Bowed Before Zaid list. I was glad to hear the boardie he tried to scam was able to recoup his funds (thumbs u

Needs a list of his own:

AlleyBat

(added 5/23/08)

This fool should also be on the Bowed Before Zaid list. I was glad to hear the boardie he tried to scam was able to recoup his funds (thumbs u

Me too!!!! :whistle:

Woah, that list isgetting big.

What part, or where so I can read about how the gibert guy become 2nd Hall of Shame?

I don't need a link to the third one.

It starts around here: gilberto gets added

Additional complaints start to trickle in over the next dozen pages. I think in the end there were at least six members who never received books they'd paid for.

It's a bit of a shame as gilberto had been a long-time member.

Woah, that list isgetting big.

What part, or where so I can read about how the gibert guy become 2nd Hall of Shame?

I don't need a link to the third one.

It starts around here: gilberto gets added

Additional complaints start to trickle in over the next dozen pages. I think in the end there were at least six members who never received books they'd paid for.

It's a bit of a shame as gilberto had been a long-time member.

When he was put on the list he hadnt even been registered a year yet.

My mistake... I thought he'd been here longer than that. Sometimes I just assume everyone with post counts in the thousands has been here forever. :)

My mistake... I thought he'd been here longer than that. Sometimes I just assume everyone with post counts in the thousands has been here forever. :)
:whistle:

Aren't you supposed to be working? :baiting: