• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

How quickly should a buyer pay after he says :takeit: ?

Tough call.

Sometimes it takes a week to move cash into Paypal from your bank.

eBay gives 10 days before the seller should file a NPB notice.

I would say 10 days is a fair max unless there is some sort of PM notice by the buyer the seller agrees to.

If you're already sending in a big order, I wouldn't person_without_enough_empathy over $11. I might tell the seller he should mention it (scratches on the case), but since the extra shipping for one more book will be inconsequential just pay to reholder it and move on.

Now if it were cracked to mess, that would be a different story.

(thumbs u

Yeah, you're right. For $11 and the grief it may bring, it is more trouble than it is worth. I wouldn't sell a book like that, so at least the seller knows this was not a good thing to do when selling on this forum.

Thanks folks (yes Sean, you too) lol

Edited by Bosco685

If you're already sending in a big order, I wouldn't person_without_enough_empathy over $11. I might tell the seller he should mention it (scratches on the case), but since the extra shipping for one more book will be inconsequential just pay to reholder it and move on.

Now if it were cracked to mess, that would be a different story.

(thumbs u

Yeah, you're right. For $11 and the grief it may bring, it is not trouble than it is worth. I wouldn't sell a book like that, so at least the seller knows that was not a good thing to do when selling on this forum.

Thanks folks (yes Sean, you too) lol

Karma, he's your friend too!!

You sir have made the right choice.

^^

I bought and paid for a book in January which still hasn't arrived yet. I've mailed the seller and he says to wait it out - it will turn up. I've bought from him once before and I can't see him screwing me.

But 3 months delivery time? I've written it off to lost in the post, any advice people? (shrug)

if I pay $150 for a book that is valued at that level because GPA states GRADED books go for that level - not the raw version - you would expect the case to have some decent look to it, right? I guess that's the grey area. To me CGC books have a "decent look to it" even with a scratch or two. To you, not so much. That is cool, but I would talk to your sellers about it beforehand to avoid problems later.

Thanks though. Got you marked on the Santa naughty list now. ;)I said I would be polite about it. (shrug)

I bought and paid for a book in January which still hasn't arrived yet. I've mailed the seller and he says to wait it out - it will turn up. I've bought from him once before and I can't see him screwing me.

But 3 months delivery time? I've written it off to lost in the post, any advice people? (shrug)

Even Media Mail doesn't take three months. Time to out the seller. :popcorn:

if I pay $150 for a book that is valued at that level because GPA states GRADED books go for that level - not the raw version - you would expect the case to have some decent look to it, right? I guess that's the grey area. To me CGC books have a "decent look to it" even with a scratch or two. To you, not so much. That is cool, but I would talk to your sellers about it beforehand to avoid problems later.

Thanks though. Got you marked on the Santa naughty list now. ;)I said I would be polite about it. (shrug)

:foryou:

It takes about a week to get slabs out to you, not 3 months (at least that's about how long it took for my slabs to go from California to you in the UK).

Can you file a paypal claim if you paid via paypal (or has the amount of time elapsed been too long?)?

I would mention their name.

You're right Brian your boxes get here in around a week. It never takes more than two normally, even from sellers on eBay.

I did buy once before from this user and the books did take a while to come through, maybe 3/4 weeks or so, but this one just doesn't look like it's going to turn up. I don't particularly want to out a seller over something that may not be their fault - I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. But the payment was made on 12th January and last contact was 6 days ago when the seller said he'd try to find out what he could.

It takes about a week to get slabs out to you, not 3 months (at least that's about how long it took for my slabs to go from California to you in the UK).

Can you file a paypal claim if you paid via paypal (or has the amount of time elapsed been too long?)?

I would mention their name.

No kidding! 3 months? This would have been a PayPal claim after the first month, which you are allowed. The only protection they will offer is if the package did not arrive (your situation). If it was not-as-described, they do not cover this like they do for PayPal.

Well it definitely qualifies as a no-show. I think it's way too late to file a Paypal dispute now and I would rather have sorted it out with the seller to be honest. Looks like I'll just end up $60 down this time.

Question for the board about sales problems.

So I purchased two books on here from the same seller for right around market price just because I wanted to take them off my search list.

I get the books safely packed. These were over $300 combined, so I am not talking about low-cost books. The one CGC case is gorgeous, and the book has been inserted into a third-party protective bag. I am overjoyed with this one!

The second book had no protective bag, and the case looks like someone accidentally scratched it up to the point this needs to be a reholder. The photos did not pick up on this or I would have caught it and asked questions.

When I contacted the seller and politely pointed this out, I also offered what I thought was a reasonable solution. If he at least pays the reholder fee, I'll cover shipping. I am in the process of sending a large order into CGC anyway, so it would just be additional weight.

Am I being fair? Also, if the seller blows me off when I am being very polite, is this the thread to attempt to resolve this? I am assuming so.

Thanks folks for the guidance in advance.

Bosco,

I don't know how others feel about it, but for me, you are buying the book, not the case. I like it when sellers note cracks, because those could be to the point where, if they get worse, they could threaten the book. For scratches, it is what it is, a scratch on the case. To me it does not need to be disclosed and is not the responsibility of the Seller.

I mean this very respectfully, but also truthfully: If you came to me with a case scratch problem, I would politely tell you to go pound sand. I'll be interested to hear what others have to say.

--S.

I agree, I would be inclined to politely tell you to go pound sand. :sumo: However, if $11 on a $300 sale is going to blow your skirt up . . . I'd shoot you the $11, in hopes you come back again. :)

Even Media Mail doesn't take three months. Time to out the seller. :popcorn:

I agree . . . Chances are he's been dikkin' around more than just you. :grin:

Question for the board about sales problems.

So I purchased two books on here from the same seller for right around market price just because I wanted to take them off my search list.

I get the books safely packed. These were over $300 combined, so I am not talking about low-cost books. The one CGC case is gorgeous, and the book has been inserted into a third-party protective bag. I am overjoyed with this one!

The second book had no protective bag, and the case looks like someone accidentally scratched it up to the point this needs to be a reholder. The photos did not pick up on this or I would have caught it and asked questions.

When I contacted the seller and politely pointed this out, I also offered what I thought was a reasonable solution. If he at least pays the reholder fee, I'll cover shipping. I am in the process of sending a large order into CGC anyway, so it would just be additional weight.

Am I being fair? Also, if the seller blows me off when I am being very polite, is this the thread to attempt to resolve this? I am assuming so.

Thanks folks for the guidance in advance.

If the book is so scratched that it needs to be reholdered I'd definitely be ticked off, not for the cost of reholdering but for the hassle. Of course, if I bought the slab I'd be cracking it out...

I'm no expert on overseas shipping, but I once made the mistake of paying for "land" shipping on a lot from England and it took a looooong time. It may not have been three months, but it was close.

If the book is so scratched that it needs to be reholdered I'd definitely be ticked off, not for the cost of reholdering but for the hassle. Of course, if I bought the slab I'd be cracking it out...

BINGO! Although I'm going to blow it off, that is the reason I was bothered by the situation. The hassle of the whole reholder process.

I'm no expert on overseas shipping, but I once made the mistake of paying for "land" shipping on a lot from England and it took a looooong time. It may not have been three months, but it was close.

I sent a big box of Thor comics to Chrome M-bag and I hold the record.

Took 12 weeks. :cloud9:

I sent one to Garry/gaz973 in January. A month later, he still hadn't gotten. One day, he walks into his shed and finds the postman had delivered it a couple of weeks early but just left it in the shed when Garry wasn't there. No note, nothing.

Maybe you should check your shed.