• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As far as I am concenred Dbostejano will stay on the list indefinitely. He is on the list due to a deal he didnt complete with me. Havent heard from him since then. Yesterday, out of the blue, he offers...no..TELLS me that he is going to send me the money via paypal by end of day and I can "send the books" or make some other arrangement. I reluctantly agree.

No payment by end of day or as of this morning.

I dont care if he wants the books or not...I dont like getting jerked around for a second time All this tells me is that he is not worthy of any trust and likely never will be.

I refuse to have anything else to do with im. Hes not getting the books.

I got a note from Paypal in regards to mjacobs8 that said:

"The seller has contacted PayPal and stated that they have sent you a refund

for the above case outside of the PayPal system. According to our records,

the seller should have issued you a refund in the amount of 170.00 USD.

Please confirm with us whether or not you have received the appropriate

refund amount.

Please respond within 72 hours."

I haven't received anything yet, but that doesn't mean that a check couldn't be in the mail. Anyone else receive this?

Just to let everyone know, a refund has been received :thumbsup:

I got a note from Paypal in regards to mjacobs8 that said:

"The seller has contacted PayPal and stated that they have sent you a refund

for the above case outside of the PayPal system. According to our records,

the seller should have issued you a refund in the amount of 170.00 USD.

Please confirm with us whether or not you have received the appropriate

refund amount.

Please respond within 72 hours."

I haven't received anything yet, but that doesn't mean that a check couldn't be in the mail. Anyone else receive this?

Just to let everyone know, a refund has been received :thumbsup:

Happy to hear you got your money ! Good news (thumbs u

As far as I am concenred Dbostejano will stay on the list indefinitely. He is on the list due to a deal he didnt complete with me. Havent heard from him since then. Yesterday, out of the blue, he offers...no..TELLS me that he is going to send me the money via paypal by end of day and I can "send the books" or make some other arrangement. I reluctantly agree.

I dont care if he wants the books or not...I dont like getting jerked around for a second time All this tells me is that he is not worthy of any trust and likely never will be.

That's all well and good, but if he pays you what's due, he's off the list. That's how it works. Good luck! :)

That's all well and good, but if he pays you what's due, he's off the list. That's how it works. Good luck! :)

That's not necessarily true. If a guy doesn't pay for a month and then wants to and I've either 1) sold the item or 2) decided I don't want to deal with the hassle and risk of selling to this person; I don't think the person should automatically be removed. That might be a situation for the ever popular probation consensus option.

That's not necessarily true. If a guy doesn't pay for a month and then wants to and I've either 1) sold the item or 2) decided I don't want to deal with the hassle and risk of selling to this person; I don't think the person should automatically be removed. That might be a situation for the ever popular probation consensus option.

Uh, no. This is not a witch hunt. There have to be simple, clear ways of getting both off and on the list :angel::devil:

Just so that we are clear:

I bought these items back in October, around the time of Hurricane Ike here in Houston, I had no electricity in my home for 2 weeks, when I was able to finally get back to comic book collecting Shootydog had basically blown a fuse and cut me off, then he submitted me for probation. I forgot about this transaction, I've made good on each transaction I've agreed to here before this,but regardless I was placed on probation. In Dec I was Iaid off and finally returned to work 2 weeks ago, as soon as I got regular income in, the first thing I did was contact shootydog and he again declined a resolution. I then contacted divad and advised me to pay him and ask him to please allow me to resolve which shootydog agreed. I told him I would pay him last night but by the time I got home from work I just wanted to relax and spend time with my family. The next morning I log in to cgc boards and what do I see, shootydog cutting me off again, I tell him to relax and that payment has been sent but he refunds later this morning. So I understand how it can be easy to quickly judge people but mistakes happen, so my apologies.

David O

Take him off the list if you want.

Hes not getting the books from me.

As seller, that is entirely your prerogative :grin: though time and $$$ heals all wounds. :)

Perhaps...here is how I see it now.

He refuses to pay me for more than 6 months.

I decide to put him on probation like most anyone here would.

He ups and wants to pay me for them 7 months later and still delays payment past the time he said he would pay me this time around.

I close the deal out thinking a zebra never changes their stripes.

Now I risk being placed on probation.

I don't think he should be removed but thats entirely up to board consensus. I don't think i should be placed on probation for taking this stance...but thats also entirely up to board consensus.

Either way...I'm not taking his money and I'm not sending him any books. Final.

I don't think you're being put on probation...

fine, honestly I was only trying to make right with you, whether I got these books or not was not as important as I was trying to get square with you, but obviously circumstances and adversity are not in your vocabulary. It's really not this deep, but I'm sorry that I make you upset.

I don't think you're being put on probation...

fine, honestly I was only trying to make right with you, whether I got these books or not was not as important as I was trying to get square with you, but obviously circumstances and adversity are not in your vocabulary. It's really not this deep, but I'm sorry that I make you upset.

Boy I really could take this statement and tear it apart but I am just gonna leave it for the boards to decide. I wont belabor this topic anymore so Im moving on. Lets just agree to disagree and forget it.

Not the prettiest resolution I've ever seen, but at least you guys got there.

I vote for no one to be on probation. If I even have a vote. lol

Alls well that ends well I say... :luhv:

eggsackley :luhv:

my apologies, I was trying to avoid so much drama, but I wasn't going to let someone just make it seem as if I just bailed on trying to make payment. I tried to resolve this situation because it's what's right and I would like to be in good standing here in the boards. So again my apologies to all for having to read all this BS.

my apologies, I was trying to avoid so much drama, but I wasn't going to let someone just make it seem as if I just bailed on trying to make payment. I tried to resolve this situation because it's what's right and I would like to be in good standing here in the boards. So again my apologies to all for having to read all this BS.

You just couldn't leave well enough alone could you? I will not be labeled a slanderous individual. Here is my original post asking that you be placed on probation.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=80&Number=2653826&Searchpage=11&Main=91354&Words=Shootydog&topic=0&Search=true#Post2653826

You would do well to just leave this matter to rest.