• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well the seller has offered a full refund with the view to me paying it back if the book ever does turn up. I hope it does as he's been stiffed a book now.

As bad as you feel for the seller It his/ her responsibility to make you whole. He / she had the option to buy insurance on the book, most sellers here don't state that they charge extra for it but typically they will buy it anyway. As a seller you know there is a chance the book may get lost or damage in the mail and you need to be prepared for it or just not sell anything. On a personal note I insure everything over 50.00 w/ DC. without charging extra to the buyer why? its only $2-3 for a piece of mind. If the book is less than that I will refund the buyer's money if its lost or damaged. IMHO the customer is always right when acting in good faith.

As bad as you feel for the seller It his/ her responsibility to make you whole. He / she had the option to buy insurance on the book, most sellers here don't state that they charge extra for it but typically they will buy it anyway. As a seller you know there is a chance the book may get lost or damage in the mail and you need to be prepared for it or just not sell anything. On a personal note I insure everything over 50.00 w/ DC. without charging extra to the buyer why? its only $2-3 for a piece of mind. If the book is less than that I will refund the buyer's money if its lost or damaged. IMHO the customer is always right when acting in good faith.
Was my package insured? It was bombproof for damn sure! But I agree, on costly books insurance is well worth the peace of mind!

That's not completely true - USPS doesn't offer tracking for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes, but regular Priority Mail International still gets a tracking number.

When is the last time you mailed a Priority International box out Michael? If it was up to December last year, you are correct. But when I went to send one of these boxes to Canada in January 2009, that is when I found out there is no more delivery confirmation or signature confirmation for Priority Mail. Just Express Mail.

If this has changed, I'd love to know about it as to mail just to our brethren in Canada and not have this helpful information is painful.

Thanks!

Last week :)

Per the USPS guidelines:

Online Tracking - Put our delivery information to work for you. Track PMI package shipments. Note: Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.

Last week :)

Per the USPS guidelines:

Online Tracking - Put our delivery information to work for you. Track PMI package shipments. Note: Tracking is not available for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.

Excellent!

Then this is a change, as I was sending a non-USPS box to Canada and at that point they had decided to drop all delivery confirmation options and would only offer this via Express Mail.

BTW, a few of us had discussed this in the General section when the changes had gone in, and folks had confirmed in February there was no further tracking for international Priority. Must have been enough complaining.

Thanks for the new info. This is great!

Edited by Bosco685

:gossip:They track it on the Customs form info (if they want to . . . )

That's what I went to when they initially dropped the tracking is the Customs Long Form which has a processing code. The short form has nothing on it for any form of tracking.

That's what I went to when they initially dropped the tracking is the Customs Long Form which has a processing code. The short form has nothing on it for any form of tracking.

Yes, and no . . . look again. :grin:

Ahh, I grabbed one and see what you are talking about. It's a small code under the bar code. I never noticed that before, and instead went with the long form as all copies displayed a code.

Thanks for the education! Have you ever had to ask for tracking by this code? I'm going to assume they make it extremely painful.

Ahh, I grabbed one and see what you are talking about. It's a small code under the bar code. I never noticed that before, and instead went with the long form as all copies displayed a code.

Thanks for the education! Have you ever had to ask for tracking by this code? I'm going to assume they make it extremely painful.

I've had instances where you could just enter it in the tracking box, and delivery was confirmed. More often, it does not. If the book is lost, they will usually go the extra mile for you and find the book. Quite often, it is just sitting in a foreign Customs office somewhere. :grin:

K how long should the wait time be when a buyer offers to buy a book, and when he should pay?

See above for my response to your question the first time you posted it.

:gossip:

I got a note from Paypal in regards to mjacobs8 that said:

"The seller has contacted PayPal and stated that they have sent you a refund

for the above case outside of the PayPal system. According to our records,

the seller should have issued you a refund in the amount of 170.00 USD.

Please confirm with us whether or not you have received the appropriate

refund amount.

Please respond within 72 hours."

I haven't received anything yet, but that doesn't mean that a check couldn't be in the mail. Anyone else receive this?

Edited by lizards2

refund amount.

I haven't received anything yet, but that doesn't mean that a check couldn't be in the mail. Anyone else receive this?

I wouldn't wait more than 72 hours.

Edited by thehumantorch

refund amount.

I just spoke with Michael on the phone. He stated you will be getting your money soon.

He knows he screwed the pooch and told me he fully intends to make reparations to everyone. May take him some time. This is what he told me and I can offer no further info as to what is stated above, except the following:

He seemed to have sincere regret of his actions (from what I could tell on the phone), but it's not my place to state the reasons or circumstances as to why he did what he did. He will have to come on the Boards and explain that himself, as he will need to eventually face everyone on the Boards and take his medicine.

Edited by djpinkpanther67

refund amount.

I just spoke with Michael on the phone. He stated you will be getting your money soon.

He knows he screwed the pooch and told me he fully intends to make reparations to everyone. May take him some time. This is what he told me and I can offer no further info as to what is stated above, except the following:

He seemed to have sincere regret of his actions (from what I could tell on the phone), but it's not my place to state the reasons or circumstances as to why he did what he did. He will have to come on the Boards and explain that himself, as he will need to eventually face everyone on the Boards and take his medicine.

I, for one, would welcome him back. I truly believe he is a great guy, judging from previous successful transactions and pm conversations. The fact that he is trying to make things right speaks volumes to me. I still remember the pics he posted of him fishing, and him with his parents. I guess, at this point, I'm more concerned for him than I am the money. I wish him well.

refund amount.

I, for one, would welcome him back. I truly believe he is a great guy, judging from previous successful transactions and pm conversations. The fact that he is trying to make things right speaks volumes to me. I still remember the pics he posted of him fishing, and him with his parents. I guess, at this point, I'm more concerned for him than I am the money. I wish him well.

He knows he screwed up. He also knows people may not trust him again. He did relay to me he fully intends to make things right with everyone. I don't know if he will post here again before he pays everyone off, but I am sure once the dust has settled he will be back.