• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

If the book is so scratched that it needs to be reholdered I'd definitely be ticked off, not for the cost of reholdering but for the hassle. Of course, if I bought the slab I'd be cracking it out...

BINGO! Although I'm going to blow it off, that is the reason I was bothered by the situation. The hassle of the whole reholder process.

If I wasnt told the case looked like krap I would likely send the book back,a dn not ask for reholder fees. But I would be peeved that for $150-200.00 asking price that wasnt in the description..

I bought and paid for a book in January which still hasn't arrived yet. I've mailed the seller and he says to wait it out - it will turn up. I've bought from him once before and I can't see him screwing me.

But 3 months delivery time? I've written it off to lost in the post, any advice people? (shrug)

I once shipped a book to a boardie in Australia by surface mail. It was over two months before it arrived. I think I was in more of a panic about it than he was, though... It can certainly take a LONG time for overseas surface mail packages.

I've also been on the receiving end of a lost-in-the-mail book. The seller refunded my payment after 2 months and the book eventually came back to him a few months after that.

I've also been on the receiving end of lost books. The seller didn't want to be out the money and the books and wanted to split the book's price as a refunded. They were cheap so I basically said no worry just forget it. I just now never buy off him there have been a few books over a $100.00 I wanted so for $30.00 he lost out on several hundred dollars in sales. No worries here.

I sent one to Garry/gaz973 in January. A month later, he still hadn't gotten. One day, he walks into his shed and finds the postman had delivered it a couple of weeks early but just left it in the shed when Garry wasn't there. No note, nothing.

Maybe you should check your shed.

If I had one I would. I live in an apartment so I don't have a shed :gossip:

I once shipped a book to a boardie in Australia by surface mail. It was over two months before it arrived. I think I was in more of a panic about it than he was, though... It can certainly take a LONG time for overseas surface mail packages.

I paid enough for the book to be shipped Priority International, in fact it was me who quoted the shipping cost. I've had one package delivered surface mail which was form Canada, and that took around 6/7 weeks. Nowhere near three months though.

I bought and paid for a book in January which still hasn't arrived yet. I've mailed the seller and he says to wait it out - it will turn up. I've bought from him once before and I can't see him screwing me.

But 3 months delivery time? I've written it off to lost in the post, any advice people? (shrug)

I'm no expert on overseas shipping, but I once made the mistake of paying for "land" shipping on a lot from England and it took a looooong time. It may not have been three months, but it was close.

I sent a big box of Thor comics to Chrome M-bag and I hold the record.

Took 12 weeks. :cloud9:

:acclaim: I remember House was pissed off you broke the all-time slowest M-bag shipping.

But this isn't the all-time record for slowest shipping, I've had a normal box (not M-bag) take 105 days... Read about it here

As long as it arrives...

Whether the seller actually used Priority or not I don't know, but I think $20 is enough to cover one slab shipped to the UK.

Whether the seller actually used Priority or not I don't know, but I think $20 is enough to cover one slab shipped to the UK.

There's no tracking info? (shrug)

I've mailed and asked for it. Hopefully there is :wishluck:

How quickly should a buyer pay after he says :takeit: ?

If not stated otherwise in selling thread, you may want to be prepared for up to 7 days to receive payment. Most who are paying via Paypal do so within 24-48 hours, but if no deadline is set it is never late.

Is this the 'mail' that you sent to him six days ago, Gav?

If so, any idea why it's taken him so long to respond with such a straight-forward piece of information? hm

If so, any idea why it's taken him so long to respond with such a straight-forward piece of information? hm

The mail last week was just letting him know I still hadn't received the book. He replied and said he'd see what he could find out. I've still heard nothing so PMd (no apostrophe) him back this morning asking for shipping confirmation.

The mail last week was just letting him know I still hadn't received the book. He replied and said he'd see what he could find out. I've still heard nothing so PMd (no apostrophe) him back this morning asking for shipping confirmation.

The worrisome thing is if this went USPS Priority International, as of 2009 there is no tracking information as the USPS dropped offering delivery confirmation on everything but Express Mail.

Hopefully, the person at least did the Customs Long Form as this has a customs number that may offer some details if it was processed and when.

Good luck with this one, as the length of time this has taken is already worrying me, and it's not even my books.

The worrisome thing is if this went USPS Priority International, as of 2009 there is no tracking information as the USPS dropped offering delivery confirmation on everything but Express Mail.

Hopefully, the person at least did the Customs Long Form as this has a customs number that may offer some details if it was processed and when.

Good luck with this one, as the length of time this has taken is already worrying me, and it's not even my books.

That's not completely true - USPS doesn't offer tracking for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes, but regular Priority Mail International still gets a tracking number.

That's not completely true - USPS doesn't offer tracking for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes or Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes, but regular Priority Mail International still gets a tracking number.

When is the last time you mailed a Priority International box out Michael? If it was up to December last year, you are correct. But when I went to send one of these boxes to Canada in January 2009, that is when I found out there is no more delivery confirmation or signature confirmation for Priority Mail. Just Express Mail.

If this has changed, I'd love to know about it as to mail just to our brethren in Canada and not have this helpful information is painful.

Thanks!

Agreed...that is poor service, whether the delay is the seller's fault or not. Hope he will step it up a notch for you.

He's been in touch and will look for the shipping info although it wasn't insured. He's offered a refund too which I'm loathe to take if the book was shipped and it's been lost through no fault of his own.

Man I hate situations like this.