• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He is a kid, so you guys need to cut your losses. It suks but it is what it is.

I just got my money back,but it's still fun to hunt him down :devil:

Good to hear it! Yes, I read some interesting quotes by the freakmaster that he should have followed. Oh well.

He is a kid, so you guys need to cut your losses. It suks but it is what it is.

I just got my money back,but it's still fun to hunt him down :devil:

(thumbs u

I'm willing to put money on it that he will surface before the summer is over.

Problem is the Mods do not get involved in personal disputes in transactions gone bad. I seriously think its time for them to consider assigning someone specifically for that task, as I really think more and more transactions gone bad will arise frequently in the future. That would be a major blow to the selling forums as a lot of us put time and effort to make it a safe and easy environment in dealing with funny books.

The biggest problem with the selling forum is that there isn't really an consequences for your actions. At least with eBay, your account can be suspended.

If someone gets to the point where they are taking money and not delivering the promised goods or aren't returning the funds, then they should be banned from the selling forums.

I know Arch can do it. He banned Thing from the Water Cooler once before.

I'm going from memory here, but I think AlleyBat scammed Vtcomics for a Batman #1. It wasn't that long ago and I'm certain all the glory from those threads is still attainable. I think the scammer guy worked at the Cleveland Clinic, in Ohio, a very well-respected place. But the scammer wasn't thinking straight and Vtcomics received his package without the book (he opened it in the post office) and had the postmaster as a witness.

And then, good ol' AlleyBat became belligerent and returned to the boards after the jig was up and was seemingly ready to fight anyone. It was quite surreal.

Then, if I'm not mistaken, a lawyer from the boards (esquirecomics :shrug:) arrived on the scene and ultimately helped give AlleyBat some legal medicine. I don't know if it's been fully resolved, but I seem to remember Vtcomics getting some results from the legal system.

And Vtcomics also caught some grief from a few folks here on the boards for not having his radar up because this guy kinda came in out of nowhere and perpetrated what he did in a way that seemed obvious to some.

I wasn't so sure but who can deny that the wolves sometimes come in sheep's clothing...so it's wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove, or else. :whistle: And I defer to anyone who might correct my stream-of-consciousness memory of these events that transpired not too long ago.

Yep, that's fairly accurate. There were a couple other board members in Cleveland that helped alleybat come to his senses, and my bank also stepped in and helped out, as did the postal inspectors. And of course Mark Zaid. :acclaim: Remember; if it's too good to be true.... :preach:

I'm going from memory here, but I think AlleyBat scammed Vtcomics for a Batman #1. It wasn't that long ago and I'm certain all the glory from those threads is still attainable. I think the scammer guy worked at the Cleveland Clinic, in Ohio, a very well-respected place. But the scammer wasn't thinking straight and Vtcomics received his package without the book (he opened it in the post office) and had the postmaster as a witness.

And then, good ol' AlleyBat became belligerent and returned to the boards after the jig was up and was seemingly ready to fight anyone. It was quite surreal.

Then, if I'm not mistaken, a lawyer from the boards (esquirecomics :shrug:) arrived on the scene and ultimately helped give AlleyBat some legal medicine. I don't know if it's been fully resolved, but I seem to remember Vtcomics getting some results from the legal system.

And Vtcomics also caught some grief from a few folks here on the boards for not having his radar up because this guy kinda came in out of nowhere and perpetrated what he did in a way that seemed obvious to some.

I wasn't so sure but who can deny that the wolves sometimes come in sheep's clothing...so it's wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove, or else. :whistle: And I defer to anyone who might correct my stream-of-consciousness memory of these events that transpired not too long ago.

Yep, that's fairly accurate. There were a couple other board members in Cleveland that helped alleybat come to his senses, and my bank also stepped in and helped out, as did the postal inspectors. And of course Mark Zaid. :acclaim: Remember; if it's too good to be true.... :preach:

Preach it, brother, preach it. :hail:

CapFreak lives in Lakewood...unless he's moved, I should have his address somewhere in my archives as I sent him a book last year...if someone wants to PM me for it...Grinder may know his phone number...

What I don't get is the guy has perpetrated theft on board members and is still cluelessly posting in various threads...

Maybe time to take it to the next step and tell him if he doesn't make good in a short amount of time file a theft claim with the Lakewood PD... :sumo:

Edited by trmoore54

CapFreak lives in Lakewood...unless he's moved, I should have his address somewhere in my archives as I sent him a book last year...if someone wants to PM me for it...Grinder may know his phone number...

What I don't get is the guy has perpetrated theft on board members and is still cluelessly posting in various threads...

Maybe time to take it to the next step and tell him if he doesn't make good in a short amount of time file a theft claim with the Lakewood PD... :sumo:

A a minor...perhaps contacting his father first may be more appropriate...maybe you guys could get Mark to do it in an official capacity. I always liked Cap and can't help but wonder what may have triggered this dramatic change in his nature. My 17 year old has a record and it's caused him a world of trouble...it would be nice if some positive intervention could help avoid that. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

A a minor...perhaps contacting his father first may be more appropriate...maybe you guys could get Mark to do it in an official capacity. I always liked Cap and can't help but wonder what may have triggered this dramatic change in his nature. My 17 year old has a record and it's caused him a world of trouble...it would be nice if some positive intervention could help avoid that. GOD BLESS...

If he is a minor, then why is he even permitted to be posting much less conduct business on these boards? I have been here three years and he has claimed to be 18 the entire time.

If he is a minor, then why is he even permitted to be posting much less conduct business on these boards? I have been here three years and he has claimed to be 18 the entire time.

Sorry....my mistake.GOD BLESS...

No way. There were pictures of him and Borock from SD last year. He is like 16-17 now and was 13 or 14 when he started posting here.

No way. There were pictures of him and Borock from SD last year. He is like 16-17 now and was 13 or 14 when he started posting here.

If that's the case...someone really needs to get his parents involved. This could be a sign of a much deeper issue that's causing him to act out...maybe even worse behavior can be nipped in the bud.GOD BLESS...

If that's the case...someone really needs to get his parents involved. This could be a sign of a much deeper issue that's causing him to act out...maybe even worse behavior can be nipped in the bud.GOD BLESS...

So is he or is he not a minor? Either way getting his parents involve dbefore the authorities would be the best way to go.

What kind of money are we talking about here? Hundreds? A thousand?

He's a devious little turd that has a history of board selling/buying escapades. His CAPandFALCON shill is still a registered user on the boards. He has always tried to lie his way out of trouble. I just just checked his user profile and for the first time ever he now claims to be under 18, how convenient.

He doesn't care. He only cares when he gets caught... and even that is fleeting.

Juvi it's then. :sumo:

hm or perhap... :o Boot Camp!! (thumbs u

bootcamp.jpg

The sad part about that picture is that was an 11 year old boy when he got to Boot Camp . . .

11 year old girl actually...they don't :censored: around.

So is he or is he not a minor? Either way getting his parents involve dbefore the authorities would be the best way to go.

What kind of money are we talking about here? Hundreds? A thousand?

I'm pretty sure that his profile stated that he's under 18.

If I read correctly, the MODS can restrict people from posting in certain forums, so why not suggest that anyone under 18 is barred from seeing or posting the sales forums and the WTB forum. This way any age-related legalities are overcome.

Arch, can you make it so?