• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Count--great looking spreadsheet.

Nocutename--part of my rationale for separating those individuals in the HoS is that the notation is lost amidst all of the text. Singling them out marks these individuals as being particularly problematic in this area of the community. Personally, I think we do new buyers and sellers a disservice by continuing to lump them in with the reg. riff raff.

CAPand FALCON

CAP Ffreek (or something very close to that)

CAP Freak

CAP Holiday

WOW!

This kid hit more home runs lying about this age to be grandfathered in, multiple problems, and more user names than should ever be allowed.

What a winner.

Count--great looking spreadsheet.

Nocutename--part of my rationale for separating those individuals in the HoS is that the notation is lost amidst all of the text. Singling them out marks these individuals as being particularly problematic in this area of the community. Personally, I think we do new buyers and sellers a disservice by continuing to lump them in with the reg. riff raff.

Agree on all counts.....great looking list and easy to read. and i like separatig the two... (thumbs u

I agree with JC :o that if the CS situation doesn't get resolved, he should go back on again for this fiasco. just too many folks PO'd not to result in some sort of "punishment" IMHO...

Someone got their wish today and Trey Cannon gets a strike.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267476

He does seem to be a slow learner.

Hate to see him get a strike but jeez..............READ THE RULES!!!!

Now who's going to post fifteen new threads in ALL CAPS for us to read...?

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS

So we would be using this thread to talk about potential poblems and only use the other thread to update the list and note any resolutions?

hm

I am new to the boards so I wanted to find out as much as I can about the rules before I posted anything in the WTB or For Sale section. What does it mean when you get a strike or two or three strikes what will get you banned . What is the punishment for Strikes . I am kinda afraid to post anything till I find out the rules and suggestions from Board Members

I am new to the boards so I wanted to find out as much as I can about the rules before I posted anything in the WTB or For Sale section. What does it mean when you get a strike or two or three strikes what will get you banned . What is the punishment for Strikes . I am kinda afraid to post anything till I find out the rules and suggestions from Board Members

Read the guidelines thoroughly and use common sense,you'll be fine (thumbs u

I had hoped not to do this and have probably waited way too long, but here goes.

I had bought 5 TTA pedigrees from brasseye around November last year...he was kind enough to give me time payments with the money due the middle of January. I paid off the balance (over $5500.00) by 1/23 and agreed to send him the paypal fees he incurred (he claimed over $150.00) as he would have preferred bank transfer. I did not feel safe with a bank transfer so I agreed to pay his paypal fees. The books finally ship and arrive on 2/20 minus one of the books TTA 95 9.4 Northland which was $450.00.

I emailed him and sent PM's and did not hear back from him for a week. He finally responded saying he was stuck in New Zealand with Visa issues and was going to see if he could work out the book getting sent from England. After a month I emailed/PM'd again and the same promise again was made that he would try to get someone to ship the book out for him. By mid April I emailed and PM'd to ask for a refund as it was obvious that he could not get the book to me. He read my PM but did not reply...I PM'd/emailed a week later and once again he did not reply. I have not heard from him and he hasn't posted since 4/27...I want either the book or the cash, either resolution would be fine...if any English board members have any contact with him please get in contact with him to make this right...It's probably too late to file a chargeback through paypal but I will try...I made the last payment through a CC so I will go that route as well.

Wow, you never got that book? i figured that mess was cleaned up a looooong time ago :(

Unfortunately not...hopefully by posting here someone can get in touch with him and help me work it out...I hope everything is OK as well...I can't rememer Stace not posting for this long either...I truly like Stace and have had many great conversations with him about the hobby...I just want this transaction concluded as I am out a good chunk of change...

You ship my books yet? :baiting:

I won't wait but 2 weeks to out some one.

:P +1

Sorry guys...PM's sent...freebies included for my slow shipping :foryou:

That running history is just too much information. I really couldn't take the trouble to read it all. It really needs simplifying.

Seriously, you don't read a seller's feedback when bidding on ebay? An informed consumer is a smart one. Many of the problems over the past 6 months on these boards are from repeat offenders. I would like to see the history readily available as a tool for whomever wants to use it but that is my opinion.

I am not insulted if it does not get included, everyone should weigh in on the subject. Perhaps it should be better formated? Either way, I am still tracking it for my own benefits.

That's what I was getting at (thumbs u

CAPand FALCON

CAP Ffreek (or something very close to that)

CAP Freak

CAP Holiday

Connor, perhaps you can confirm or refute any on this list? :wishluck:

Andy

Sure. I used them all. Although, one is banned (holiday) and never sold anything.
Very nice, Count. :applause:

Although, officially CAP freak has only made the probation list 3 times, he has had dealings go sour before he changed his name twice. I would like to make sure this little bit of info isn't ignored.

Very sorry to anyone whos time I have wasted. I had every intention to pay all of you except that my fathers Paypal account was stolen and he has lost most of his money through that. I had and still have all of the I owe you guys for the comics I said that I said I was going to buy. I am hereby going to stop reading this site and ordering comics from you guys who were very nice to me

If you would like to yell at me or cuse me out here is my email address:

connoramans@aol.com

See ya

Good ole CAP freak was screwing over folks from at least the ripe age of twelve. (thumbs u

For the record, no one was ever screwed over.

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

In December, I purchased 2 books from Mike Jacobs in the forum.

He never sent either one.

One was Daredevil 62 cgc 9.6 ow-w Western Penn Pedigree.

Well, I purchased the same book on ebay from Socalcom last week.

The ******* took my money, never sent the book and evidently then sold it.

I had heard that Jacobs had marital problems and legal problems and was possibly in jail.

Well, he should be because ****** is a thief.

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

In December, I purchased 2 books from Mike Jacobs in the forum.

He never sent either one.

One was Daredevil 62 cgc 9.6 ow-w Western Penn Pedigree.

Well, I purchased the same book on ebay from Socalcom last week.

The ******* took my money, never sent the book and evidently then sold it.

I had heard that Jacobs had marital problems and legal problems and was possibly in jail.

Well, he should be because ****** is a thief.

John, how often do you run into bad deals on eBay and how often here? You've probably got a better baseline of how the two venues compare than anyone else.

Jeff,

The only deal I've ever had go bad here is the one with Mike Jacobs (aside from the usual problem of getting broken slabs). As compared to ebay, I actually like the boards way better. On ebay, you run into too many people who are just about squeezing out every last dime. Here, not so much. And the worst packing I've ever gotten here is simply a short priority box which I hate because, if your luck is bad, something hits the ends as it gets thrown from Post Office bin to bin, and the CGC has nowhere to go and gets damaged.

On ebay, I just had a guy send me a slab in a shirt box. He literally took the shirt out of this incredibly flimsy box almost exactly the size of CGC, used the tissue paper as padding, and taped it shut with scotch tape. The CGC was almost broken in half. No one here has ever sent me a CGC in an envelope either.

Of course, the best thing about the Boards is that there are other true collectors here, not just dealers. I've gotten some fantastic stuff here and had people express that they are glad it's going to a collection (I know it's usually about the money too but still...) not someone who just sees it as a commodity. There are some wonderful people here (and I even read a post from Calamerica which I agreed with and thought was spot on lol ).

And finally...............................

John,

I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused you. I have been paying back board members and will have you paid soon. I have no problem with your post, I would be mad too. Just for the record, I have paid comicseekers, foolkiller, and lizards2 so far.

I did not contact you earlier because I wanted our next contact to be me paypaling your money.

Michael

Michael,

Well, it is certainly odd to get a message from you as soon as I posted that. I bought the book from Socalcom thinking it was the book I bought from you but did not get a chance to check and make sure until 30 minutes ago. What happened to the other Daredevil (68 cgc 9.4 white Pacific Coast)? Socalcom has been posting a bunch of nice 60s Marvels lately which is odd for them as they usually post moderns (I got outbid on a Tales of Suspense from them just today). In any case, if you repay me, I'll hold no grudge. Hell, I bought it cheaper from Socalcom than I did from you. Lord knows I'm not the best Christian in the world but I do believe completely in forgiving people who try to make it right.

John R

This would have never happened on ebay.