• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

About the CS situation. I feel bad for the people who apparently received bad boxes of junk. I gave CS good feedback for the transaction and backed him earlier in this thread. It wasn't because my 2 boxes were fantastic, they were very average, but I did get a bunch of Cap americas,hulk, iron man, Plastic man and such in decent shape. It seems others did not.

I also did get a stack of water damaged books. Which I have seperated and I now have one and a half long boxes of okay books and half a long box of 'junk'. Which appears to be much better than most. I tossed my 30 copies of Heroes inc in the fireplace, who cares about them. They should be a non issue.

Anyways... point is my two boxes were okay. Nothing great but okay. I thought we all would actually get identical boxes. Guess I got 'lucky' .. for them to be okay. Hope somehow this all works out for the buyers who received subpar boxes than myself.

About the CS situation. I feel bad for the people who apparently received bad boxes of junk. I gave CS good feedback for the transaction and backed him earlier in this thread. It wasn't because my 2 boxes were fantastic, they were very average, but I did get a bunch of Cap americas,hulk, iron man, Plastic man and such in decent shape. It seems others did not.

I also did get a stack of water damaged books. Which I have seperated and I now have one and a half long boxes of okay books and half a long box of 'junk'. Which appears to be much better than most. I tossed my 30 copies of Heroes inc in the fireplace, who cares about them. They should be a non issue.

Anyways... point is my two boxes were okay. Nothing great but okay. I thought we all would actually get identical boxes. Guess I got 'lucky' .. for them to be okay. Hope somehow this all works out for the buyers who received subpar boxes than myself.

Very interesting - looks like you hit the "jackpot" in this deal gone wrong... :acclaim:

mjacobs8

(added 1/24/09)

In December, I purchased 2 books from Mike Jacobs in the forum.

He never sent either one.

One was Daredevil 62 cgc 9.6 ow-w Western Penn Pedigree.

Well, I purchased the same book on ebay from Socalcom last week.

The ******* took my money, never sent the book and evidently then sold it.

I had heard that Jacobs had marital problems and legal problems and was possibly in jail.

Well, he should be because ****** is a thief.

WOW...a seller getting paid for a book twice...now that's a great deal for the seller!

:tonofbricks:

:jokealert:

Jeff,

The only deal I've ever had go bad here is the one with Mike Jacobs (aside from the usual problem of getting broken slabs). As compared to ebay, I actually like the boards way better. On ebay, you run into too many people who are just about squeezing out every last dime. Here, not so much. And the worst packing I've ever gotten here is simply a short priority box which I hate because, if your luck is bad, something hits the ends as it gets thrown from Post Office bin to bin, and the CGC has nowhere to go and gets damaged.

On ebay, I just had a guy send me a slab in a shirt box. He literally took the shirt out of this incredibly flimsy box almost exactly the size of CGC, used the tissue paper as padding, and taped it shut with scotch tape. The CGC was almost broken in half. No one here has ever sent me a CGC in an envelope either.

Of course, the best thing about the Boards is that there are other true collectors here, not just dealers. I've gotten some fantastic stuff here and had people express that they are glad it's going to a collection (I know it's usually about the money too but still...) not someone who just sees it as a commodity. There are some wonderful people here (and I even read a post from Calamerica which I agreed with and thought was spot on lol ).

And finally...............................

John,

I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused you. I have been paying back board members and will have you paid soon. I have no problem with your post, I would be mad too. Just for the record, I have paid comicseekers, foolkiller, and lizards2 so far.

I did not contact you earlier because I wanted our next contact to be me paypaling your money.

Michael

Michael,

Well, it is certainly odd to get a message from you as soon as I posted that. I bought the book from Socalcom thinking it was the book I bought from you but did not get a chance to check and make sure until 30 minutes ago. What happened to the other Daredevil (68 cgc 9.4 white Pacific Coast)? Socalcom has been posting a bunch of nice 60s Marvels lately which is odd for them as they usually post moderns (I got outbid on a Tales of Suspense from them just today). In any case, if you repay me, I'll hold no grudge. Hell, I bought it cheaper from Socalcom than I did from you. Lord knows I'm not the best Christian in the world but I do believe completely in forgiving people who try to make it right.

John R

This would have never happened on ebay.

John,

I tried to ask you a question in regards to seller socalcom, because I almost bid on a book, and was shocked to see that you have me on ignore. (shrug) I do apologize, if we've ever had a run in, but I do not believe we have?

Brian (Foolkiller), trmoore54 (Tom) and many many other boardies have dealt with me on the boards, and in person and on ebay (cujobyte29) I have a 1700+ 100% positive. I own a bookstore, and am genuinely concerned about the block. You purchase items off my friend, Howard (comic4848), so just wanted to clear up anything in the past... if you were unhappy about any type of purchase, please tell me so I can make it up. Owning a retail store, I always strive for confidence in my sales, and many here will tell you my grading/service is good.

Nick Bolanos

Archie's Audiobooks

I had hoped not to do this and have probably waited way too long, but here goes.

I had bought 5 TTA pedigrees from brasseye around November last year...he was kind enough to give me time payments with the money due the middle of January. I paid off the balance (over $5500.00) by 1/23 and agreed to send him the paypal fees he incurred (he claimed over $150.00) as he would have preferred bank transfer. I did not feel safe with a bank transfer so I agreed to pay his paypal fees. The books finally ship and arrive on 2/20 minus one of the books TTA 95 9.4 Northland which was $450.00.

I emailed him and sent PM's and did not hear back from him for a week. He finally responded saying he was stuck in New Zealand with Visa issues and was going to see if he could work out the book getting sent from England. After a month I emailed/PM'd again and the same promise again was made that he would try to get someone to ship the book out for him. By mid April I emailed and PM'd to ask for a refund as it was obvious that he could not get the book to me. He read my PM but did not reply...I PM'd/emailed a week later and once again he did not reply. I have not heard from him and he hasn't posted since 4/27...I want either the book or the cash, either resolution would be fine...if any English board members have any contact with him please get in contact with him to make this right...It's probably too late to file a chargeback through paypal but I will try...I made the last payment through a CC so I will go that route as well.

Wow, you never got that book? i figured that mess was cleaned up a looooong time ago :(

Unfortunately not...hopefully by posting here someone can get in touch with him and help me work it out...I hope everything is OK as well...I can't rememer Stace not posting for this long either...I truly like Stace and have had many great conversations with him about the hobby...I just want this transaction concluded as I am out a good chunk of change...

You ship my books yet? :baiting:

I won't wait but 2 weeks to out some one.

:P +1

Sorry guys...PM's sent...freebies included for my slow shipping :foryou:

You do know I was joking don't you :foryou:

Jeff,

The only deal I've ever had go bad here is the one with Mike Jacobs (aside from the usual problem of getting broken slabs). As compared to ebay, I actually like the boards way better. On ebay, you run into too many people who are just about squeezing out every last dime. Here, not so much. And the worst packing I've ever gotten here is simply a short priority box which I hate because, if your luck is bad, something hits the ends as it gets thrown from Post Office bin to bin, and the CGC has nowhere to go and gets damaged.

On ebay, I just had a guy send me a slab in a shirt box. He literally took the shirt out of this incredibly flimsy box almost exactly the size of CGC, used the tissue paper as padding, and taped it shut with scotch tape. The CGC was almost broken in half. No one here has ever sent me a CGC in an envelope either.

Of course, the best thing about the Boards is that there are other true collectors here, not just dealers. I've gotten some fantastic stuff here and had people express that they are glad it's going to a collection (I know it's usually about the money too but still...) not someone who just sees it as a commodity. There are some wonderful people here (and I even read a post from Calamerica which I agreed with and thought was spot on lol ).

And finally...............................

John,

I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused you. I have been paying back board members and will have you paid soon. I have no problem with your post, I would be mad too. Just for the record, I have paid comicseekers, foolkiller, and lizards2 so far.

I did not contact you earlier because I wanted our next contact to be me paypaling your money.

Michael

Michael,

Well, it is certainly odd to get a message from you as soon as I posted that. I bought the book from Socalcom thinking it was the book I bought from you but did not get a chance to check and make sure until 30 minutes ago. What happened to the other Daredevil (68 cgc 9.4 white Pacific Coast)? Socalcom has been posting a bunch of nice 60s Marvels lately which is odd for them as they usually post moderns (I got outbid on a Tales of Suspense from them just today). In any case, if you repay me, I'll hold no grudge. Hell, I bought it cheaper from Socalcom than I did from you. Lord knows I'm not the best Christian in the world but I do believe completely in forgiving people who try to make it right.

John R

This would have never happened on ebay.

John,

I tried to ask you a question in regards to seller socalcom, because I almost bid on a book, and was shocked to see that you have me on ignore. (shrug) I do apologize, if we've ever had a run in, but I do not believe we have?

Brian (Foolkiller), trmoore54 (Tom) and many many other boardies have dealt with me on the boards, and in person and on ebay (cujobyte29) I have a 1700+ 100% positive. I own a bookstore, and am genuinely concerned about the block. You purchase items off my friend, Howard (comic4848), so just wanted to clear up anything in the past... if you were unhappy about any type of purchase, please tell me so I can make it up. Owning a retail store, I always strive for confidence in my sales, and many here will tell you my grading/service is good.

Nick Bolanos

Archie's Audiobooks

Quoted this for you.

If John (Here4now) has you on ignore...he won't see your post unless someone else quotes it in response.

John,

Nick Bolanos

Archie's Audiobooks

Quoted this for you.

If John (Here4now) has you on ignore...he won't see your post unless someone else quotes it in response.

Thanks Domo [and Jeff],

Nick [Cujobyte]:

I first learned of the boards years ago when several people e-mailed me about threads bashing me (and especially my disclaimer lol ). I looked at the threads, which contained a little truth and a ton of outright lies, and decided that the boards were something I could do without. Two years later, I realized that the stuff being said here was actually affecting me. There were sellers who had blocked me and others who were very wary about doing business with me.

Also my son called me a wuss and told me to go defend myself.

So, when Calamerica started bashing me again with claims of multiple bad transactions (we had just one and it was actually a short and sweet ebay claim) and defrauding people and stealing Witchblade CGCs or some damn thing (for the millionth time, I've never bought a Witchblade CGC in my life) and a whole bunch of people chimed in to support him, I joined the Boards and did what my son told me to do.

And it was a wonderful thing.

A ton of people messaged me welcoming me to the Boards (the one I remember best is Skypinkinblu who can't possibly be that sweet in real life lol ). They all basically told me to forget the thread bashing me and that there were tons of good people here (which turned out to be exactly true). So I blocked everyone who chimed in (12 posters) from that last thread (who I always think of as Calamerica, Divad, and their buddies).

You were one of the 12 blocked and I've never blocked anyone since.

I have never had any other dealings with you except for I'm pretty sure you once sent me an e-mail to my ebay account that I deleted without reading. My apologies if it was sent with good intentions but you should really see some of the psychotic messages that go to my ebay account. I learned long ago not to open them because, with my weird sense of humor, I can never seem to resist responding just for the fun of it.

For some reason, they never seem to get the joke.

In any event, I meant no offense to you [and figured you were not interested in dealing with me anyways]. You sound like a good guy [and I do have a temper so basically all you probably did was agree with Cal and Divad about something that ticked me off]. So I'll unblock you and go down to eleven.

Nuts, now I have to figure out how to do that.

First I make up with Hulktom (good karma since we have the green guy in common), then Mike Jacobs e-mails me out of the blue (teaching me to have faith) and now I'm removing you from my Cal-inspired list. At this rate, maybe I'll even end up.......

Nah, never happen.

So what is the procedure for getting someone put on the Probation List? Especially someone who's a repeat offender? A poll was started about this in the Comicseekers Longbox Debacle thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3271767#Post3271767

So far 85% are for adding to the list, if not banning.

So what is the procedure for getting someone put on the Probation List? Especially someone who's a repeat offender? A poll was started about this in the Comicseekers Longbox Debacle thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3271767#Post3271767

There is no mechanism for banning. The closest we have is the "Hall of Shame". The poll would indicate that he is a qualified candidate :grin:

Has 30 days from initial payment for any malodorous box transaction passed yet? hm:insane:

There is no mechanism for banning. The closest we have is the "Hall of Shame". The poll would indicate that he is a qualified candidate :grin:

Has 30 days from initial payment for any malodorous box transaction passed yet? hm:insane:

Malodorous. :think: Time to hit the dictionary. :whistle:

well I don't really see him making amends in the next 11 days, but July 10th would be 30 days. Sergio has my email, and my address, and I gave him multiple options that I would find acceptable. Balls in his court.

Malodorous. :think: Time to hit the dictionary. :whistle:

No need . . . = Stinky :grin:

well I don't really see him making amends in the next 11 days, but July 10th would be 30 days. Sergio has my email, and my address, and I gave him multiple options that I would find acceptable. Balls in his court.

July 10th it is then - our next Hall of Shame member (unless he bellies up to the bar or someone else beats him there first . . . ) :(

Interesting post here4now. I remember reading the pastimperfekt threads..

Sharon REALLY IS that nice in person, she is a wonderful human being and this forum is better for having her here.

And also we are glad to have you here.