• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Most important lesson i've learned here is not to get baited into an argument in comics general again.

Or get baited into one anywhere.

:baiting:

-slym ( :devil: )

I don't want to see anyone 'bating anyone else... :sick:

slym's a 'bater? :sick:

This nested quote goes all the way back to t3quila...

(tsk)loldoh!

-slym

I do NOT want to be part of the which forum to use argument. So, I will happily move this to the General forum. I don't much care either way, but this is Divad's thread and he doesn't want it here. So "General" it is. It will be this evening some time. Again, I'm not saying what CS sent is junk. But I will post what I see and you guys can make up your own mind. I will however, point out any discrepancies (if any) between what is present and what was posted.

Take it here (thumbs u

Aww ! I already posted it in General. How did I KNOW that no matter what I did it would end up in the wrong thread. doh!

I recently bought three books from Hooks in his last sale,

and

I was screwed out of a book from comicseekers that he promised to give me first crack at. (enjoy it, MacMan)

:sorry:doh!:frustrated:

Have Hook's books arrived?

Yup. I didn't notice the pressing, but I'm going to look again.

Comicseekers is right now the most talked about.

And I of course posted my box findings in the General Thread... Sorry guys...

It'll get more eyeballs there.

Comicseekers is right now the most talked about.

And I of course posted my box findings in the General Thread... Sorry guys...

HOLY!

Those are some nasty looking books.

Sorry for what happened.

and

I was screwed out of a book from comicseekers that he promised to give me first crack at. (enjoy it, MacMan)

I'll chime in here. I bought one book from Hooks from the now quickly becoming infamous sales thread (an ASM #44). He had it graded as a VG and I was pleasantly surprised when I got it in hand and went through it closely and graded it a FN- (VG/FN at worst). I didn't notice anything peculiar until some steam started coming off the staples and a distinct smell of a burning iron reached my nostrils. :kidaround:

For real, though, I think the book was unscathed though I can't say for certain. I'll look at it again but must give a few of these to my old buddy Hooksie..............:makepoint:..............:makepoint:..........:makepoint:...............Whaddya doin', knucklehead? Come forth, come forth. Issue your press conference. :whistle:

and

I'll chime in here. I bought one book from Hooks from the now quickly becoming infamous sales thread (an ASM #44). He had it graded as a VG and I was pleasantly surprised when I got it in hand and went through it closely and graded it a FN- (VG/FN at worst). I didn't notice anything peculiar until some steam started coming off the staples and a distinct smell of a burning iron reached my nostrils. :kidaround:

For real, though, I think the book was unscathed though I can't say for certain. I'll look at it again but must give a few of these to my old buddy Hooksie..............:makepoint:..............:makepoint:..........:makepoint:...............Whaddya doin', knucklehead? Come forth, come forth. Issue your press conference. :whistle:

I would like to know if there was anything else not disclosed on the ASM #54 I bought in that thread. No evidence of waffles on pancakes on the book but still...

and

I would like to know if there was anything else not disclosed on the ASM #54 I bought in that thread. No evidence of waffles on pancakes on the book but still...

That was the one he disclosed that he cracked out of the slab. I sold it to him last year when I got it back from CGC in all its purple label glory. The resto was a small amount of color touch on cover done by a professional. I'll check out my records and confirm the details if you'd like. PM me.

This thread is to allow general discussion of the community run probation issues and cases so that the main thread can remain dedicated to the core facts and updating of the list rather than the surrounding debates and speculation.

You rule Architecht...but I'm an Architect too and :gossip: you've mispelled your name... (:

( :gossip: Actually I like how you spell your name better... :headbang: )

This thread is to allow general discussion of the community run probation issues and cases so that the main thread can remain dedicated to the core facts and updating of the list rather than the surrounding debates and speculation.

You rule Architecht...but I'm an Architect too and :gossip: you've mispelled your name... (:

( :gossip: Actually I like how you spell your name better... :headbang: )

You'd better, or there's a strike in your future. :gossip:

So are the pictures of the recent long box arrivals going to be in this thread? I am sure these will contain all the missing $5 DC books. :wishluck:

:insane:

MLMeade posted his ( :gossip: water-damaged) books in the General thread...

and

That was the one he disclosed that he cracked out of the slab. I sold it to him last year when I got it back from CGC in all its purple label glory. The resto was a small amount of color touch on cover done by a professional. I'll check out my records and confirm the details if you'd like. PM me.

I do want to add that I'm not displeased with the book I received and see no evidence of amateur pressing or other amateur resto. I do have concerns with the lack of disclosure about the pressing though...

and

:sorry: Just curious which book it was Sergio said he was going to give you first crack at if you don't mind my asking?

and

:sorry: Just curious which book it was Sergio said he was going to give you first crack at if you don't mind my asking?

think really hard.

and

(Sung to the tune of the Branded TV show from 1965...)

STRANDED!

Stranded on the toilet bowl...

What do ya do when you're stranded...

without a paper roll...

Wherever you go for the rest of your life

You must prove you're a man...

and wipe it with your hand...

:devil: