• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Wow! It's going to be a tight race.

:eyeroll:

It's gonna be a photo finish between "Put him in the Hall of Shame" and "Immolate him Immediately"

I wonder how many votes Dr. Frankie aka Muscleshark placed? hmlol

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

Why would Dekeuk be put on the hall of shame? What did he do?

From memory...

* selling vastly overgraded comics and when called out on it, saying he made a mistake and that he posted his "eBay grades" and not his "board grades".

*Spamming half the boards with "dubious investment opportunities"

*Trying to sell stupid- comic posters which he first claims were from the 70's...then after being told numerous times they were not, claiming he doesn't really know from which era they are, but that he thinks it's the 70's...relisting and relisting them, still giving false info until a board sleuth found the eBay auction where he bought them...as posters from the 1990's

And my favourite ones (for which he doesn't merit the '"list" just a swift kick in the gonads) :

*Spamming the Clink new arrivals list by deleting and then relisting his same overpriced every other day.

nicely done

pretty soon, we will need a list of trusted sellers and assume everyone else is on probation.

:popcorn:

Wear your patch with pride.

Sharkmusle_memorial3.jpg

That was a great thread, i wonder if anyone has it archived lol

:popcorn:

Wear your patch with pride.

Sharkmusle_memorial3.jpg

That was a great thread, i wonder if anyone has it archived lol

If my memory serves me well, bhhooks22 was one of the recipients of "Yo mama" rhetoric. :lol:

As much as I agree that Yannis (and Muscleshark/DRFRANKENSTEIN and Dekeuk ...) should be placed in the Hall of Shame I do also think that the only one that can put him there is the person that got the short end of the stick in that deal from hell.

And even if they do not end up in the list, it's equally important that the board never forgets who they are and they are capable of as they have zero scruples when it comes to making money and don't care who they step on to reach their target.

I agree and I think it's dumb that someone is added by popular, or in this case unpopular, vote. If the wronged party doesn't have the wherewithal to do it, then tough titty.

I agree and I think it's dumb that someone is added by popular, or in this case unpopular, vote. If the wronged party doesn't have the wherewithal to do it, then tough titty.

Really? but tough titty to who?(or is it for whom?) the next guy? that doesnt seem right either.

Really? but tough titty to who?(or is it for whom?) the next guy? that doesnt seem right either.

What Frankenstein did was wrong, he acted horribly trying to defend himself, but were does it say in the probation rules that he should be on the Hall of Shame or the probation list period? Everyone knows what he did and did he hurt any buyers? His rep is ruined as a seller, but why can't he be allowed to buy?

Welcome to the gray area. I'm not a fan of Dr. Frank and I'm not here as his champion, but addition to the probation list based on popular vote isn't right.

What Frankenstein did was wrong, he acted horribly trying to defend himself, but were does it say in the probation rules that he should be on the Hall of Shame or the probation list period? Everyone knows what he did and did he hurt any buyers? His rep is ruined as a seller, but why can't he be allowed to buy?

I don't have any stake in the game here, however, what transaction did Dr. F not make right on? I think his offense was cracking out a book from a slab and knowingly giving the wrong grade, right? Was there any restitution required? I don't remember any.

And just to quote the original rules of the Probation Thread:

I'm thinking we should start a Forum Sales "Probation" Thread where forum members can post notices of non-paying members, i.e., those that have posted the little guy :takeit: in response to sales threads, and suddenly developed amnesia when it comes time to pay. :P

You can also post, "I paid for it, now where is it" messages here as well. Probation is probation.

I suggest a 1-month waiting period on any transaction before outing the scoundrel here. If the issue hasn't been resolved in a month, chances are, it's gone to the dogs! :sumo:

Updates will be provided when possible. Names will be removed from the Probation List upon notification of resolution between the buyer and seller. Let's try to be responsible here, and have the thread serve a purpose to the community. :grin:

Welcome to the gray area. I'm not a fan of Dr. Frank and I'm not here as his champion, but addition to the probation list based on popular vote isn't right.

How about instead of letting him play in the grey area he's put on the list until a better resolution is found?

Which is why Yannis isn't on the probation list.

In regards to ol' Frankie, though, there wasn't a wronged party that could make sure he got on the list - due to kryptospidey's heads-up on what Frank was doing, the book in question never sold here on the boards. So does that mean he can continue his "crack, re-grade, doctor, threaten" MO with no consequences whatsoever?

You & I both know that threads are buried insanely fast around here as the faces change and new & pressing matters bubble to the top - putting people like this in the Hall of Shame is the only way to ensure that this isn't forgotten next week.

How about instead of letting him play in the grey area he's put on the list until a better resolution is found?

Here's a possible solution. Probation just for selling? No problems buying.

Here's a possible solution. Probation just for selling? No problems buying.

Are you going to be the one keeping track of which Probation list members are allowed to sell - which are allowed to buy - and which aren't allowed to do either?

If your selling practices consist of ripping off your buyers, why should you reap the rewards of being able to buy from members of this community?