• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I fail to see why Joey would be on the PL. He said he would buy, he paid, you sent him the book. You forced the issue, got outed as an alleged person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed (alleged, because I don't want to be sued) and now you think he should be on it? I do believe you broke the rules by selling a PGX book, whether or not you disclosed that fact. By not disclosing that fact, wouldn't that be an attempt to deceive and possibly defraud the buyer? I

Trey I don't know if you know this or not, but pressing is allowed per the forums rules. We all do know that you are aware that selling PGX books is AGAINST THE RULES.

Maybe you should nominate yourself. Actually I will do it for you.

I would like to nominate Trey Cannon for probation or outright banning. He knowingly sold JoeyPost a book in a PGX case. He attempted to deceive the board here by cropping the picture in his for sale thread so the PGX label was not showing and then denied in that thread it was a PGX slab.

:makepoint:

EDIT: Also Trey Cannon went and broke another rule via the Kudos forum by slamming joeypost in his positive feedback thread. The one and only rule of that forum is to not slam people or leave negative feedback there and to go to the probation thread yet Trey Cannon decided to break this rule also.

Edited by brendanb438

Trey I don't know if you know this or not, but pressing is allowed per the forums rules. We all do know that you are aware that selling PGX books is AGAINST THE RULES.

Maybe you should nominate yourself. Actually I will do it for you.

I would like to nominate Trey Cannon for probation or outright banning. He knowingly sold JoeyPost a book in a PGX case. He attempted to deceive the board here by cropping the picture in his for sale thread so the PGX label was not showing and then denied in that thread it was a PGX slab.

:makepoint:

+1

Joeypost knowley alters books by pressing them to enhance grades although he does disclouse it

Joey bought a book was offered a refund and declined then decided to trash me in the sales thread here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5239756&Main=239790#Post5239756

He is our private messages you deciede if you want to do business with him. Personally I will never again.

Thanks for the purchase how would you like the book shipped I can leave it in the case or I can pop it out and send it raw. It prob will be more protected in the case. I also believe this book has a shot at a 9.2 if pressed

Total will be $99.95 my paypal addy is petesshelty@hotmail.com

If you want to send money order I can provide a mailing address

Please send me your shipping info

Thanks Trey

Send it in the case, do not crack it out please.

Thanks.

Ok I'll leave in in the case
Let me know when you send payment and I'll do my best to ship the same day I receive it
Got the payment I will mail the book out tomorrow thanks
book shipped today here is the tracking number 03111660000247697816
Have you recieved the book yet? If so could you please leave me feedback if your happy
The book was in a PGX slab. That was a big no-no on these boards. I was under the impression it was in a CGC slab.
I never said it was in a PGX slab and other members have sold PGX slabs on the boards I bought two Golden age Captain America books #55 that was a 6.0 and a #47 that was a 6.5 that were in PGX slabs sold the same way not showing the label from well respected dealers in the sales forum. I submitted both to CGC and got .5 grade bumps on both and I also bought a Captain America #110 graded by PGX off the boards that was a 8.5 and submited it to CGC and got a 9.0 and I didnt press any of those three and all 3 retained the page quality. I was offered the books raw or in the PGX slab just as you were. I agree with the PGX grade on that book and since I know you press books I still believe that if pressed and submitted through CGC it will get a grade bump to 9.2 .
If you dont want the book return it in the PGX slab . And Ill refund your money once I recieve it
It has a huge crease on the bottom right corner of the book. I doubt it would come back a 9.0 again from CGC. I cracked it out and will put it in a mylar to enjoy at some future time.
I think that crease can be pressed out from my memory I dont think it broke color
I am looking at the book. It is a color breaking half inch crease. I gave you the benefit of the doubt after all the arguing in the thread about it being a PGX slab and purchased it anyway.

I was going to leave well enough alone, but since you solicited feedback I may resurrect my initial thoughts and post them on the boards.

I offered you a refund be sure to include that
Where? I checked this thread and the for sale thread, no mention of a refund anywhere.
Look again in this message 6 post up
almost 9 minutes ago
My refund offer

If you dont want the book return it in the PGX slab . And Ill refund your money once I recieve it

your response

It has a huge crease on the bottom right corner of the book. I doubt it would come back a 9.0 again from CGC. I cracked it out and will put it in a mylar to enjoy at some future time.

I said it WAS in a slab. The point here is now moot.

I dont know what to tell you So I guess if you want to leave my bad feedback do what you feel is right and I Ill respond explaining the refund and all other details of this transaction I shipped the book fast packged it well asked you if you wanted it sent raw. The discussion in the thread was pointed out by others it was PGX. I didnt show the label was in line with other sales threads by people like Dale Roberts and other respected dealers I offered you REFUND dont know what else I can do you responded your cracked it out and was going to keep it to enjoy at another time.

My suggestion is ban me from buying anything from you and I'll do the same

It is no lnger in the case. Are you willing to take it back raw?
I might have before you posted in the thread but no way in hell now .

You cracked it out you may have damaged the book in doing so. Plus you responded you were going to keep it to enjoy in a mylar , Then you accuse me of not offering you a refund not my fault you didnt read it plus if you were so pissed off it was in a PGX slab you should have notified me immediatly upon receiving the book and I would have offered the same refund.

Personally I think you knew it was in a PGX slab and that the only reason you bought the book was to create drama and try to start trouble

Selling PGX books on the CGC board is against rules and you know it. The fact that other sellers have also sold PGX books here is ot a valid defense.

We need to change the selling rules to include:

Sellers must include a clear image of the label of slabbed books.

Joeypost knowley alters books by pressing them to enhance grades although he does disclouse it

Joey bought a book was offered a refund and declined then decided to trash me in the sales thread here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5239756&Main=239790#Post5239756

He is our private messages you deciede if you want to do business with him. Personally I will never again.

Thanks for the purchase how would you like the book shipped I can leave it in the case or I can pop it out and send it raw. It prob will be more protected in the case. I also believe this book has a shot at a 9.2 if pressed

Total will be $99.95 my paypal addy is petesshelty@hotmail.com

If you want to send money order I can provide a mailing address

Please send me your shipping info

Thanks Trey

Send it in the case, do not crack it out please.

Thanks.

Ok I'll leave in in the case
Let me know when you send payment and I'll do my best to ship the same day I receive it
Got the payment I will mail the book out tomorrow thanks
book shipped today here is the tracking number 03111660000247697816
Have you recieved the book yet? If so could you please leave me feedback if your happy
The book was in a PGX slab. That was a big no-no on these boards. I was under the impression it was in a CGC slab.
I never said it was in a PGX slab and other members have sold PGX slabs on the boards I bought two Golden age Captain America books #55 that was a 6.0 and a #47 that was a 6.5 that were in PGX slabs sold the same way not showing the label from well respected dealers in the sales forum. I submitted both to CGC and got .5 grade bumps on both and I also bought a Captain America #110 graded by PGX off the boards that was a 8.5 and submited it to CGC and got a 9.0 and I didnt press any of those three and all 3 retained the page quality. I was offered the books raw or in the PGX slab just as you were. I agree with the PGX grade on that book and since I know you press books I still believe that if pressed and submitted through CGC it will get a grade bump to 9.2 .
I think that crease can be pressed out from my memory I dont think it broke color
I am looking at the book. It is a color breaking half inch crease. I gave you the benefit of the doubt after all the arguing in the thread about it being a PGX slab and purchased it anyway.

I was going to leave well enough alone, but since you solicited feedback I may resurrect my initial thoughts and post them on the boards.

I offered you a refund be sure to include that
Where? I checked this thread and the for sale thread, no mention of a refund anywhere.
Look again in this message 6 post up
almost 9 minutes ago
My refund offer

your response

I said it WAS in a slab. The point here is now moot.

I dont know what to tell you So I guess if you want to leave my bad feedback do what you feel is right and I Ill respond explaining the refund and all other details of this transaction I shipped the book fast packged it well asked you if you wanted it sent raw. The discussion in the thread was pointed out by others it was PGX. I didnt show the label was in line with other sales threads by people like Dale Roberts and other respected dealers I offered you REFUND dont know what else I can do you responded your cracked it out and was going to keep it to enjoy at another time.

My suggestion is ban me from buying anything from you and I'll do the same

It is no lnger in the case. Are you willing to take it back raw?
I might have before you posted in the thread but no way in hell now .

You cracked it out you may have damaged the book in doing so. Plus you responded you were going to keep it to enjoy in a mylar , Then you accuse me of not offering you a refund not my fault you didnt read it plus if you were so pissed off it was in a PGX slab you should have notified me immediatly upon receiving the book and I would have offered the same refund.

Personally I think you knew it was in a PGX slab and that the only reason you bought the book was to create drama and try to start trouble

whats your point? (shrug) ...is this a nomination for the PL list?... if so i fail to understand what your reason is~

However, I just wanted to make sure that people don't jump to conclusions about her eBay feedback. In the current eBay environment, there are lots of cases of feedback abuse from buyers. In fact, I almost expect to see all sellers with one or two negatives from buyers. I look for trends in negative feedback nowadays - repeated instances of damage, slow delivery, misleading descriptions, etc. before I make any judgements. The days of just looking for the 100% rating are over. :(

I disagree completely. :grin: If you as a seller can't make 100% feedback then you're not really trying (or you don't care).

put down the crack pipe and walk away

say no to drugs

The link that was provided is dead. What's the back story here?

Is the complaint that it was a PGX slab and was not disclosed prior to sale?