• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There's been several new people that start selling as soon as they get here. Many don't even take the time to read the selling rules. I think there should be a waiting period before noobs can start selling here.

I was always opposed to this idea Mike, but more and more it makes sense to me. Will it stop someone who's willing to make a bunch of posts or wait the required time? Perhaps not ,but it would allow us to get a cut of their jib and it would give them an opportunity to learn about this place and perhaps learn the rules and culture.

Spot on.

+ 3.

Unfortunately I don't think it will stop anyone determined to trick people.

Just means they have to be polite till they qualify.

Butt some just can't act polite for long.

Exactly, and with the board detectives we have on here, its a good chance they'll slip up before they take someone for another ride.

There's been several new people that start selling as soon as they get here. Many don't even take the time to read the selling rules. I think there should be a waiting period before noobs can start selling here.

I was always opposed to this idea Mike, but more and more it makes sense to me. Will it stop someone who's willing to make a bunch of posts or wait the required time? Perhaps not ,but it would allow us to get a cut of their jib and it would give them an opportunity to learn about this place and perhaps learn the rules and culture.

Spot on.

+ 3.

+4

Spot on.

+ 3.

+4

On another forum I am a member of there is at least a week waiting period + a t least a 20 post count before you can post your own thread in the marketplace. Doesn't seem to really be too many bad experiences there, but it is a much smaller community.

Spot on.

+ 3.

+4

On another forum I am a member of there is at least a week waiting period + a t least a 20 post count before you can post your own thread in the marketplace. Doesn't seem to really be too many bad experiences there, but it is a much smaller community.

If you don't want to buy from noobs, don't. Why do we need a rule? :shrug:

I just got my package today. my worries were for not. all the books were there and pretty sure it was all the right condition but withou tthat thread being there i cant really double check now but im happy. i dont know how they came in without being destroyed though. the packing was complete mess and as soon as i opened it i was terrified. thankfully nothing looks damaged. definatly not buying from anyone here again without asking around or unless they have been here for years. happy its all over and done with.

It really doesn't solve anything...we all know that they don't read the rules now so what would ensure they read the rules prior to posting in the marketplace prior to the "probation period"?

Are you responding to me?

It really doesn't solve anything...we all know that they don't read the rules now so what would ensure they read the rules prior to posting in the marketplace prior to the "probation period"?

No...sorry didn't quote earlier.

Was more in regards to the discussion of making a rule that a newbie can't sell until they have been on the boards for X amount of time and Y number of posts. Unless there is some way to have the mods make a pop up screen when you try and create a thread in the FS section for the first time that you have to "accept" (similar to the ToS in most installations) any addition to the rules would likely go unobserved by them and they are often directed to the rules by members as it stands now.

No...sorry didn't quote earlier.

Was more in regards to the discussion of making a rule that a newbie can't sell until they have been on the boards for X amount of time and Y number of posts. Unless there is some way to have the mods make a pop up screen when you try and create a thread in the FS section for the first time that you have to "accept" (similar to the ToS in most installations) any addition to the rules would likely go unobserved by them and they are often directed to the rules by members as it stands now.

The mods would have us self police, which is fine.

taxidriver2.jpg

taxidriver2.jpg

:roflmao: something about it doesn't sound quite as tough...

I was a boardie here for quite a while before I started selling, and I think it made me a better seller. I could see how people ran their threads, what other people expected, how to conduct business. For what it's worth, I think there should be a waiting period based on post-count for all new sellers. That would discourage the fly-by-night guys just trying to make a buck here and encourage sellers to become part of the community.

taxidriver2.jpg

lol

First thing I thought of when I read Speedy's post.

taxidriver2.jpg

lol

First thing I thought of when I read Speedy's post.

:blush:

Looks like I've been Megacon'd for $26 - sent me the wrong book :facepalm:

What were you supposed to get and what did he send you?

Was supposed to be the Walking Dead #85 Variant but got the normal #85 which I already have :facepalm: