• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The challenge is someone paid for Fast Track service, and yet didn't receive that Fast Track experience. Does that make sense, Adonis?

Like I said, I will be more than happy to give him the refund for the FS fee. The book is being shipped out as well.

Books were received at CGC on 10/1/2012

And they were graded no later than 10/30. Maybe you could just lay out the timeline so people can decide if this guy has a legit beef. Were they submitted by you or the artist and when? When did you get the graded books back? Why did you not respond to his PM?

books were picked up the same week of Thanksgiving, along with other books. They have been shipped SLOWLY but surely to people.

As far as his PM, it was just left unanswered. The OP and I have had issues in the past where he's gone behind facilitator's back in order to get their own sketch. Regardless, it's being handled.

That's when the books were picked up or that's when they were first slabbed and ready to go? Was there a delay from the time they were ready to pick up? I ask b/c I know you're local. Maybe you just wanted to make one trip and that was part of the delay.

It's always easier for me to pick up 50 books at once.

Why is it so hard to just answer a question? Are you admitting that you've had this guy's book for 2-3 months without communicating or mailing the book?

Someone needs to read the Signature Series thread before posting people on Probation.

Just trying to get caught on this after trying to help the OP understand the use of the Probation List process.

Are you referring to this thread from 11: 48 this morning, where you asked your buyers from 4 different sketch ops you offered to let you know who bought how much and to post where to ship it to?

I wasnt sure if you were referring to something different...

Thats the one he was supposed to read before he PMed you today and before he brought it up in the marketplace discussion forum yesterday?

If so I dont know how it relates. I didnt see anything in your post stating when books would be shipped, or apologizing for delays (if they are even delayed, I dont know), just asking people to do some administrative work to help you sort out the various books that you facilitated submissions for.

Do I have the wrong thread?

are SS facilitators held do different looser standards than other sellers on this board? GoT sure takes an aloof attitude towards this whole transaction.

Obviously its SS facilitators cant promise delivery times, since they dont control CGC return rates, BUT they should (as part of the buying/selling community here) be held to ship books out in a reasonable time frame once they are in hand.

Sure its easier to just make 1 trip to the PO, but 1 weekly trip should be a reasonable goal and keep the facilitators out of the problem of having dozens of slabs from multiple signings all getting jumbled up.

Likewise, they could always set the expectation on the outset by saying NO books will be shipped out until ALL books from the event have been returned to the facilitator. That way everyone knows what they are getting into from the outset. And maybe GoT set that expectation. I dont know. I think someone else posed the question earlier to GoT but got no response regarding expectations.

When I think of Foolkiller, or Dale Roberts keeping hundreds of orders and thousands of books straight, and being able to get shipments out in a timely and accurate manner it makes me appreciate them (and the other volume guys) that much more.

are SS facilitators held do different looser standards than other sellers on this board? GoT sure takes an aloof attitude towards this whole transaction.

Obviously its SS facilitators cant promise delivery times, since they dont control CGC return rates, BUT they should (as part of the buying/selling community here) be held to ship books out in a reasonable time frame once they are in hand.

Sure its easier to just make 1 trip to the PO, but 1 weekly trip should be a reasonable goal and keep the facilitators out of the problem of having dozens of slabs from multiple signings all getting jumbled up.

Likewise, they could always set the expectation on the outset by saying NO books will be shipped out until ALL books from the event have been returned to the facilitator. That way everyone knows what they are getting into from the outset. And maybe GoT set that expectation. I dont know. I think someone else posed the question earlier to GoT but got no response regarding expectations.

Yes I think there is a confusion about what the initial expectations are. If someone originally involved would post where they stated any non-standard agreed upon expectations in terms of additional waiting period, I think that would clear a lot of this up.

Otherwise, I would admit an error was made, promise not to make it again, make it right asap (refund fast tracks funds, ship out held books, etc) and move on with my life. No one is perfect, but people generally accept genuine apologies and refunds and solid communication.

And yes, things (family, work, natural disasters, desire for convenience) can get in the way of doing business...which is what this was. Not a favour, but actual business transactions where money changed hands, services were agreed upon, etc. But we all face those things in every aspect of our life. So most of us are understanding when things come up, IF they are communicated with us. What if a sketch was for someone's birthday gift, or a final purchase to take with them when they were deployed for military? Or a part of some other type of business idea? There can be very REAL and tangible consequences for not doing business in a timely fashion, exacerbated by lack of communication.

**I have no personal knowledge about what what the actual facts were other than what has been posted here.

He already offered to refund the guys FT fees, so I would think that's the end of it right?

I haven't spoken up b/c I've just been gathering info...but if it were me, I'd refund all his fees. When someone agrees to do a service, you're bound to provide that service in a timely manner. If, for some reason, the services cannot be rendered, the fees paid for said services should be remitted to the original purchaser.

I.E. If someone bought a pizza with a 30 min delivery and it showed up an hour after order, would you pay for cold pizza? No, you'd get a free pizza then warm it up.

Someone said it best: when one individual feels they've been wronged, an argument that everyone else is satisfied is an invalid argument.

A simple "I dropped the ball; how can I make it right?" is the best course of action.

He already offered to refund the guys FT fees, so I would think that's the end of it right?

I haven't spoken up b/c I've just been gathering info...but if it were me, I'd refund all his fees. When someone agrees to do a service, you're bound to provide that service in a timely manner. If, for some reason, the services cannot be rendered, the fees paid for said services should be remitted to the original purchaser.

I.E. If someone bought a pizza with a 30 min delivery and it showed up an hour after order, would you pay for cold pizza? No, you'd get a free pizza then warm it up.

Someone said it best: when one individual feels they've been wronged, an argument that everyone else is satisfied is an invalid argument.

A simple "I dropped the ball; how can I make it right?" is the best course of action.

+1

Pretty bad that GoT can't ship books out within 2 months of picking them up, yet can run sales threads during that time period. :facepalm:

I dropped the ball because I didn't ship the book right away.

It was a facilitated sketch.

The OP knows the book has shipped and I've offered a refund for the fast tracked fees.

Edited by GODOFTHUNDER

I dropped the ball because I didn't ship the book right away.

It was a facilitated sketch.

The OP knows the book has shipped and I've offered a refund for the fast tracked fees.

Thanks GoT.

I think all thats left is that B767293 confirm all this and that this means he's rescinding his PL nomination based on this equitable end.