• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Well I have a newbie to add to the Probation List.

In Eary Dec (maybe late Nov), Mkkiller posted a WTB thread.

12/3/12, I sent him a PM listed a few of the books I had available. Scanned the images.

12/7, He said he definitely wanted the hero For Hire #1. Sent me his zip code to price shipping.

12/8, I provide shipping costs and PayPal address.

12/10, Asked if he was still interested in the book.

12/10, he responded :yes i am i juut have to wait at this moment in time to get it "

12/10, I asked for a time frame.

12/10, he responded "i get paid abotu every 2 weeks so sometime around the 15th "

12/12, he responded "i will have payment to you tmrw \:\)"

12/27, I asked about payment

12/28, he responded "not yet i have bills to take care of, before i do some spending"

02/02, asked about payment, he read the PM, but has not responded

Meanwhile, Looks like he had some books done during the Sam Keith signing last month.

Thanks,

Brian

So Brian, what is your proposed path to resolution now that he is paying attention to the matter? Is his declaration of "no interest" sufficient, or was there any impact (monetary or otherwise) to you holding the books for 2 months for him?

"He said he definitely wanted the hero For Hire #1".

'Nuff said. An I'll take it is an I'll take it....period (whether you post the icon or not).

It can't be any more clear than that.

no no no they are my kieth books :o and sorry if i didnt' get back to you, Hows this no Mr. lone tree I am no longer interested in your Hero for Hire book, Thank you for your time and patience.

There's a steaming pile of compostable_fertilizer right there.

12/3/12, I sent him a PM listed a few of the books I had available. Scanned the images.

12/7, He said he definitely wanted the hero For Hire #1. Sent me his zip code to price shipping.

12/10, he responded :yes i am i juut have to wait at this moment in time to get it "

12/10, he responded "i get paid abotu every 2 weeks so sometime around the 15th "

12/28, he responded "not yet i have bills to take care of, before i do some spending"

Meanwhile, Looks like he had some books done during the Sam Keith signing last month.

Thanks,

Brian

So Brian, what is your proposed path to resolution now that he is paying attention to the matter? Is his declaration of "no interest" sufficient, or was there any impact (monetary or otherwise) to you holding the books for 2 months for him?

'Nuff said. An I'll take it is an I'll take it....period (whether you post the icon or not).

Oh I agree its clear that Mkk was clear in his intent to buy, and he should be held to it, I just thought the point of the PL was that there needed to be a way to come to resolution. I dont remember if LoneTree said he was looking for....

• deal consummation
  • a back-out monetary penalty for tying up his books for months.
  • or just any sort of answer from the seller since MKK (up until this morning) has never said "Never mind I cant buy the books", but rather kept stringing LT along..

I assume the desire by LT was for the deal to be consummated, but since that doesnt look like it will happen is there any other way for MKK to "make things right" to get off the PL?

Thanks,

Brian

Oh I agree its clear that Mkk was clear in his intent to buy, and he should be held to it, I just thought the point of the PL was that there needed to be a way to come to resolution. I dont remember if LoneTree said he was looking for....

• deal consummation
  • a back-out monetary penalty for tying up his books for months.
  • or just any sort of answer from the seller since MKK (up until this morning) has never said "Never mind I cant buy the books", but rather kept stringing LT along..

I assume the desire by LT was for the deal to be consummated, but since that doesnt look like it will happen is there any other way for MKK to "make things right" to get off the PL?

That's where it's MKK's choice. He can complete the deal, live up to his commitment, honor the deal and not be on the list, or he can go on the PL list for failure to do so.

That's what the PL list is for people who don't live up to their responsibilities towards other boardies.

The onus is on MKK to take the appropriate action to get off the list, not be left off the list because he refuses to make things right.

That's what the PL list is for people who don't live up to their responsibilities towards other boardies.

If only this were true :facepalm:

It mostly is, if people bring the matter forward. Someone makes a firm deal with you and then pulls this kind of this is where they should go.

It mostly is, if people bring the matter forward. Someone makes a firm deal with you and then pulls this kind of this is where they should go.

I thought that too..until I laid out all the info on an "agreed upon deal" and more than enough boardies said that my case didn't fit the bill.

Frankly, the PL is a joke IMO. When there isn't a way to get removed, someone who deserves to be put on there gets a "get out of jail FREE" card.

I have very little...if any faith in the list, esp. when I was told "You're not out anything so don't worry!"

The same can be said for LoneTree or anyone else who's had a buyer cancel on them. That's business....like paying eBay fees...like it or not, its a part of life!

I thought that too..until I laid out all the info on an "agreed upon deal" and more than enough boardies said that my case didn't fit the bill.

Frankly, the PL is a joke IMO. When there isn't a way to get removed, someone who deserves to be put on there gets a "get out of jail FREE" card.

I have very little...if any faith in the list, esp. when I was told "You're not out anything so don't worry!"

The same can be said for LoneTree or anyone else who's had a buyer cancel on them. That's business....like paying eBay fees...like it or not, its a part of life!

:applause:

no no no they are my kieth books :o and sorry if i didnt' get back to you, Hows this no Mr. lone tree I am no longer interested in your Hero for Hire book, Thank you for your time and patience.

I vote NO on the PL, but YES to giving him the very first, honorary CGC clown award. He can paste it right into his sig line.

ass%2Bclown.jpg

I was going to nominate him for the CGC "Spazzy As Beyonce" Award with the following sig line designation:

beyonce1_zps01989d58.gif

But I like yours better.

If I'm remembering the incident from a couple of weeks ago, there were also people indicating that the seller should be on the list. Do you need unanimous consent to go forward? I thought that you could use a poll to decide the issue. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm actually curious.

I was going to nominate him for the CGC "Spazzy As Beyonce" Award with the following sig line designation:

beyonce1_zps01989d58.gif

But I like yours better.

lol

She looks like she's strokin' out or something.

If I'm remembering the incident from a couple of weeks ago, there were also people indicating that the seller should be on the list. Do you need unanimous consent to go forward? I thought that you could use a poll to decide the issue. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm actually curious.

The PL is not decided by poll. Once the 30 day and 72 hr rule have been satisfied, assuming the accused does not appear to fix the situation, the accused can be put on the list. That final decision is made by the OP.

As I understand it the PL is meant to 'light someone up' to get their attention and push a solution.

The HoS is by vote because it seems to be banishment and that requires a community decision based on something more than a single incomplete transaction.

Since he's not going to make good on his prior deal, I volunteer to buy all of his Sam Kieth books at the cost of services just so we can all be done with it.

:takeit: