• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

no no no they are my kieth books :o and sorry if i didnt' get back to you, Hows this no Mr. lone tree I am no longer interested in your Hero for Hire book, Thank you for your time and patience.

Since he's not going to make good on his prior deal, I volunteer to buy all of his Sam Kieth books at the cost of services just so we can all be done with it.

:takeit:

Back of the line, late nerd.

That's what the PL list is for people who don't live up to their responsibilities towards other boardies.

If only this were true :facepalm:

It mostly is, if people bring the matter forward. Someone makes a firm deal with you and then pulls this kind of this is where they should go.

I thought that too..until I laid out all the info on an "agreed upon deal" and more than enough boardies said that my case didn't fit the bill.

Frankly, the PL is a joke IMO. When there isn't a way to get removed, someone who deserves to be put on there gets a "get out of jail FREE" card.

I have very little...if any faith in the list, esp. when I was told "You're not out anything so don't worry!"

The same can be said for LoneTree or anyone else who's had a buyer cancel on them. That's business....like paying eBay fees...like it or not, its a part of life!

If I'm remembering the incident from a couple of weeks ago, there were also people indicating that the seller should be on the list. Do you need unanimous consent to go forward? I thought that you could use a poll to decide the issue. I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm actually curious.

The PL is not decided by poll. Once the 30 day and 72 hr rule have been satisfied, assuming the accused does not appear to fix the situation, the accused can be put on the list. That final decision is made by the OP.

As I understand it the PL is meant to 'light someone up' to get their attention and push a solution.

The HoS is by vote because it seems to be banishment and that requires a community decision based on something more than a single incomplete transaction.

Ok. Got it. Thanks.

So it appears that there was nothing stopping Columbia Comics from pursuing the matter by placing the seller on the PL had he chosen to do so.

So it appears that there was nothing stopping Columbia Comics from pursuing the matter by placing the seller on the PL had he chosen to do so.

That is my understanding also.

no no no they are my kieth books :o and sorry if i didnt' get back to you, Hows this no Mr. lone tree I am no longer interested in your Hero for Hire book, Thank you for your time and patience.

Since he's not going to make good on his prior deal, I volunteer to buy all of his Sam Kieth books at the cost of services just so we can all be done with it.

:takeit:

Back of the line, late nerd.

First :takeit: gets it. :makepoint:

If that's the case, I apparently misunderstood and the disagreeing individuals seemed to make a point that going on the PL list wasn't up to one person but somewhat of a majority rules opinion.

There was also a decent consensus that the violator needed a way to get off the list. In my case, some of the books have already been resold. So how do you deal with a situation that can't be righted??

If that's the case, I apparently misunderstood and the disagreeing individuals seemed to make a point that going on the PL list wasn't up to one person but somewhat of a majority rules opinion.

There was also a decent consensus that the violator needed a way to get off the list. In my case, some of the books have already been resold. So how do you deal with a situation that can't be righted??

I believe you asked for opinions, so you got them and they were mixed...some of the opinions were to let it go, given the circumstances. Some of the opinions were basically to string the person up...so the decision was yours;)

You would have to figure out what would have righted the situation, it was your call, but I got the impression you were OK, and were letting this go, so I'm surprised you are still upset about it.

Oh I agree its clear that Mkk was clear in his intent to buy, and he should be held to it, I just thought the point of the PL was that there needed to be a way to come to resolution. I dont remember if LoneTree said he was looking for....

• deal consummation
  • a back-out monetary penalty for tying up his books for months.
  • or just any sort of answer from the seller since MKK (up until this morning) has never said "Never mind I cant buy the books", but rather kept stringing LT along..

I assume the desire by LT was for the deal to be consummated, but since that doesnt look like it will happen is there any other way for MKK to "make things right" to get off the PL?

Wow - missed a full day of fun posts :devil:

At this point, Mkkiller has no interest in the book. Bio-Rupp has offered to purchased the book, so there is no monetary lost.

My primary purpose was to raise the issue to other boardies so that he doesn't do the same thing to them. If a boardie commits to a purchase, they need to follow through or at least communicate that they cannot complete the deal. In this case, Mkkiller just left me hanging. There is not a chance in H**L I will ever deal with him again.

As for the working of the Probation List that is another discussion. I understand that people need a method for getting themselves removed. I would think that in cases such as this, the boardie need to serve some time as a lesson (30 days, 90 days....)

So how do you deal with a situation that can't be righted??

There is no such thing. There are situations that don't get righted because one or both parties are knuckleheads or hard-headed. But any situation can be resolved. And most of the lingering situations could have been resolved long ago with a simple "I'm sorry" or "What can I do to make it right?".

So how do you deal with a situation that can't be righted??

There is no such thing. There are situations that don't get righted because one or both parties are knuckleheads or hard-headed. But any situation can be resolved. And most of the lingering situations could have been resolved long ago with a simple "I'm sorry" or "What can I do to make it right?".

+1

CC, I think you missed the boat on placing him on the PL list, though others will disagree. Which doesn't mean you can't get resolution, as Mr. B points out. I would continue an attempt to communicate privately and from the heart about this. Something beneficial might be rescued from this experience.

There is not a chance in H**L I will ever deal with him again.

MKK - dude you really screwed the pooch there, Lone Tree is a top notch seller!

I just want to thank MKK for being a goozlebobber... I got a nice Hero for Hire # 1 at a sweet Lone Tree price. :headbang:

I just want to thank MKK for being a goozlebobber... I got a nice Hero for Hire # 1 at a sweet Lone Tree price. :headbang:

:applause:

Goozlebobber but not a hobbledehoy?

As per instructed, I'm copy and pasting the discussion from the other thread.

Nominee: GODOFTHUNDER aka Adonis

Hope to see his name on the list soon, enforced no sale/transaction while on PL. PM sent to Adonis

How do I go about reporting a sketch FASCILITATOR who's known to hold sketches until they feel like mailing them. Sketch op was started March 2012. Artist confirmed all sketches were done and subbed Summer 2012. This was Fast Tracked. December 2012, Fascilitator confirmed he already have the sketch, who knows how long the sketch has been in his possession. Another message, said he will mail it. Last message, I already asked for a refund. Message said UNREAD even though we all know how to get around that. While this guy is still posting, starting sales threads and sketch ops. Even worse, he already started an "interest" for the same artist and took sketch requests in the Facebook Sketch Fanatic page.

I'm sure some of you already know who I'm talking about. And I still have a lot to file complaint about this guy. Let's see how fair you guys are coz I'm sure if it was somebody else guy will already be in probation.

Applying this rule:

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

then I'd say 30 days from his PM stating he'll mail it he's PL eligible. Has it been 30 days?

Initial shipping inquiry responded on Dec. 20th 2012. And I'm sure he had the sketches (not just mine) longer than that.

I've dealt with this guy 4 times. Once he waited for another sketch so he can ship them both in the same box. Although I was charged for shipping per sketch. And forget Fast Track with this guy. It doesnt matter how fast CGC takes are of their side if FASCILITATOR will keep the sketch for months.

Then I say PM him that he's been nominated for the Probation List, and follow the procedure from there. Sounds like he's eligible based on him saying he had the book in the December PM.

And I'd be very factual about it all.

Your expectation was that books would ship once he had them.

He confirmed on Dec 20 that he had them.

It has been 30+ days since.

Thus you are nominating him for PL.

So what "procedure" follows in order to place this facilitator on probation?

Sure I might get my sketch eventually, or maybe he'll just provide the refund I already asked for. It's just a pity that something like this is allowed to happen to someone with such reputation. And like I previously said, this guy is still posting comments & ignoring PMs. Starting sketch ops and sales thread, completely ignoring sketches he need to ship first. I know I'm not the only one waiting for their sketch, but coz of this guy's status in the boards, a lot are afraid to voice their concern. I hope you guys figure out a way to change some policy weeding such facilitators.

And I'd be explicit in how the Nominee can "right the situation". Sounds like you are giving him two reasonable avenues to make it right

1) Ship the books (with a tracking number provided by a certain date)

2) Refund money in full (via paypal by date) or by check (with tracking number by date).

So he then remains on the PL until he resolves it in one of those methods.