• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Arex is using Yiddish, Branget is speaking French and Jimmy Linguiniii is kind of making sense...

I'm so confused. doh!

There are too many dates being tossed around, I vote for timelines the next time;)

Getting high and reading the Coin forum is almost as fun as reading the PL

I assume there will be no "stash" coming on the plane. :taptaptap:

Weed is legal in Washington State. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Arex is using Yiddish, Branget is speaking French and Jimmy Linguiniii is kind of making sense...

I'm so confused. doh!

There are too many dates being tossed around, I vote for timelines the next time;)

Weed is legal in Washington State. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Crossing the border to any state is not. :taptaptap:

Just make sure you sit in the back. I'd join you for a toke before the trip if I thought I could enjoy it. I'd have trouble with my own name going through customs.

I'm so confused. doh!

I think he was hoping you'd be his 'mule'.

I'm so confused. doh!

Well "Branget" is French. ;)

LBJarm brought me to these boards via google search on a 90 day old failed to ship transaction. :)

Perdoname, yo hablo un poco de Espanol, pero yo no soy Espanol;)

I'm so confused. doh!

Bottoms up.

I'm so confused. doh!

Good to know. Walking Dead sells for more and there's alcohol on the plane. Time to convert!

Dre's guy should go on PL. Way over the time.

I have a few points on the GoT thing.

Are boardies afraid of coming forward for fear of not being able to submit for future sketch ops?

If that IS the case, CGC should look into it because I don't think any facilitator should be able to NOT include someone because they previously had a legit complaint about how an op was handled.

I can understand if personal issues arise between people, that's a little different, I guess, but any intimidation used by a facilitator, especially over issues involving his own negligence and that seems it would be a big no no. Some of things said during this discussion set off a red flag "Went behind my back to get a sketch" (WTF does that mean), "previous problem", etc.

I'm glad Adonis backed off on the way he originally came at this issue, because it looked REALLY REALLY bad. Facilitators are in a very special position of responsibility and they are representing CGC, not only to customers, but to creators as well. And creators read these forums.

This would be a major issue, I'm sure. I don't know all the secrets and rumors and drama in the SS world, but I know it exists. There's alot of behind-the-scenes stuff and hand-wringing and butthurt.

There's blood in the streets it's up to my ankles,

Blood in the streets it's up to my knee;

Blood in the streets, the town of Chicago.

Blood on the rise, it's following me.

Just about the break of day.

She came, then she drove away,

Sunlight in her hair.

Blood on the streets runs a river of sadness.

Blood in the streets, it's up to my thigh.

The river runs down the legs of the city;

The women are crying red rivers of weeping.

She came in town and then she went away,

Sunlight in her hair.

Indians scattered on dawn's highway.

Bleeding ghosts crowd the young childs fragile eggshell mind.

Blood in the streets of the town of New Haven;

Blood stains the roofs and the palm trees of Venice.

Blood in my love in the terrible summer;

Bloody red sun of fantastic L.A.

Blood screams her brain as they chop off her fingers.

Blood will be born in the birth of a nation;

Blood is the rose of mysterious union.

Sunlight in her hair.

Sunlight in her hair.

Lawrence Welk. He is very much missed.

:(

Sunlight in her hair.

Sunlight in her hair.

Lawrence. Welk. He is very much missed.

:(

Thats a sheeetload of blood in the streets.

Are boardies afraid of coming forward for fear of not being able to submit for future sketch ops?

If that IS the case, CGC should look into it because I don't think any facilitator should be able to NOT include someone because they previously had a legit complaint about how an op was handled.

I can understand if personal issues arise between people, that's a little different, I guess, but any intimidation used by a facilitator, especially over issues involving his own negligence and that seems it would be a big no no. Some of things said during this discussion set off a red flag "Went behind my back to get a sketch" (WTF does that mean), "previous problem", etc.

I'm glad Adonis backed off on the way he originally came at this issue, because it looked REALLY REALLY bad. Facilitators are in a very special position of responsibility and they are representing CGC, not only to customers, but to creators as well. And creators read these forums.

This would be a major issue, I'm sure. I don't know all the secrets and rumors and drama in the SS world, but I know it exists. There's alot of behind-the-scenes stuff and hand-wringing and butthurt.

lol lol lol

And this is exactly what the original complainant was worried about.

Fonzie from NYC with his song and then nothing. :golfclap:

A boardie has made an allegation (as I understand it) :

a) Money was paid for services not rendered.

b) No importance was given to this member until the PL was bought into play

c) Refund given makes it alright - usually yes - but geez,theres alot of time gone on here.

d) And this is terrible - A BOARD MEMBER HAS STATED - WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, THAT OTHER BOADIES HAVE ALSO BEEN THE VICTIM OF VERY SLOPPY SERVICE AND ARE NOW TOO INTIMIDATED TO TALK OPENLY.

Firstly - man up - its a squiggle on a book.

Secondly, Logan and others seem to corroborate this.

Why is God Of Thunder (who I have never had dealings with) given a pass?

I would love to know exactly what is going on, as would other noobs, before we send cash to this guy.

Fair question - no dog in this race - just would like a fair answer.

I can understand if personal issues arise between people, that's a little different, I guess, but any intimidation used by a facilitator, especially over issues involving his own negligence and that seems it would be a big no no.

Some of things said during this discussion set off a red flag "Went behind my back to get a sketch" (WTF does that mean), "previous problem", etc.

Decoupling this from the GoT, and just thinking about the SS offerings in general (sketch/signing ops):

1. If people were afraid of being blacklisted for "causing trouble" during an offering, I'm not sure how they could actually be affected. It appears (and I've never actually participated in a signing/sketch offering via the SS board, but I've watched them occur over the years) that when a facilitator posts an event it's a simple "first come, first serve" offering. Anyone posting a :takeit: while there is still a slot, gets a place in the event. How would the retribution occur? The only type of retribution I could see would be slotting the "troublemaker" as the last comission done.

2. I have seen past facilitators be very explicit and stern about the communication path with the artists needing to go thru them. I understand the need for it. I too am curious about this "going behind the back". Was it a communication with the artist regarding his sketch thru the event, or was it the OP contacting the artist for an independent commission. Obviously the facilitators (in most cases) dont have exclusive rights to the artist (who takes commissions and other work not relating to CGC SS). So yes, I think some clarification on this would be helpful.

3. While SS events happen outside of the "marketplace" forum shouldn't they be held to the same marketplace rules? And should there be SS event rules that further set expectations for aspects of the SS experience that fall outside of a normal buy/sell transaction? I know the timelines on these events are impossible to nail down because they are at the discretion of the artist, but certainly when the books are returned to the facilitator there can be a requirement that SS facilitators state their intended shipping policy (weekly shipping trips, monthly, one time only, etc).