• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This SS group is like watching an episode of Days of Our Lives, except with much more drama, whining, crying, belly aching, sandy cooters, man babies, neediness, virgins, complaining, chest pumping, axes to grind, uncomfortable cheese odor, accusations, bad posture, blubbering, back peddling, rabel rousing, finger pointing and lack of female presence.

Sorry, you were saying.

That is the entire board and the vast majority of participants.

I don't understand how calling out a seller for being a seller constitutes any of that. Unless of course you were directing that at GOT.

I think if I remember correctly, this is the clap to use for a sarcastic clap;) :golfclap:

I've been using :golfclap: as my "sincere clap". :cry:

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1

I usually use the golf clap when I see an amazing book graded or signed,

its totally honest and sincere admiration for the book and board member...[/font]

:grin:

I think if I remember correctly, this is the clap to use for a sarcastic clap;) :golfclap:

I always used :golfclap: as my "sincere slow clap" like in all the John Hughes 80's movies and "Lucas" and "Can't Buy Me Love".

The "Lucas" school hallway golf clap scene might be the greatest thing in the history of cinema hm

I respectfully disagree. The scene in True Romance between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is the greatest thing in the history of cinema.

If it helps I always slow clap after that scene. :applause:

I always used :golfclap: as my "sincere slow clap" like in all the John Hughes 80's movies and "Lucas" and "Can't Buy Me Love".

The "Lucas" school hallway golf clap scene might be the greatest thing in the history of cinema hm

I respectfully disagree. The scene in True Romance between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken is the greatest thing in the history of cinema.

:applause:

Clark Gable met the challenge when a search for one of the greatest scenes was called for.

Clark Gable met the challenge when a search for one of the greatest scenes was called for.

I had no idea you were that OLD. :o

I dunno, the first time I ever HEARD of a golf clap was here...and I was told I had it wrong, lol, that it was sarcastic...from the Urban Dictionary...looks like times are a changin'...;)

1. golf clap 347 up, 65 down

1. An exaggeratedly quiet clapping intended as a show of sarcastic support or disdain.

c.f. the quiet clapping sound heard on televised golf tournament coverage. Due to the distance between the microphone and the crowd, the golf clap sounds like a nearby crowd of people clapping at minimal volume.

1. He dropped his fully-loaded cafeteria tray, breaking all the dishes. Naturally, we gave him a golf clap.

2. We cheered Sue as she crossed the marathon's finish line 8 days later with a hearty golf clap.

buy golf clap mugs & shirts

by Joan Touzet Feb 13, 2004 share this add a video

2. golf clap 234 up, 134 down

Originally, "golf clap" was used to mean a sarcastic applause, for example the kind of applause that is given when someone drops their food tray in a cafeteria. However, it is increasingly being used to mean a sincere show of appreciation, especially on FARK.COM.

"That is a great link! Golf clap to the person who submitted it."

by webgrunt May 25, 2005 share this add a video

3. golf clap 90 up, 79 down

A quiet clap appropriate for a golf course. On fark.com, implies a certain level of sarcasm in the applause.

He wanted us to be impressed. I showed him just how impressed I was with the golf clap.

But on a brighter note, Happy Valentine's Day everyone:) My husband just shocked me by having roses sent...so don't forget your wives/significant others:) etc.

But on a brighter note, Happy Valentine's Day everyone:) My husband just shocked me by having roses sent...so don't forget your wives/significant others:) etc.

Is that today? Damn! Fingh is gonna be pissed at me. :eek:

It's all good. Your wife remembered. The flowers she sent are beautiful.

I dunno, the first time I ever HEARD of a golf clap was here...and I was told I had it wrong, lol, that it was sarcastic...from the Urban Dictionary...looks like times are a changin'...;)

1. golf clap 347 up, 65 down

1. An exaggeratedly quiet clapping intended as a show of sarcastic support or disdain.

c.f. the quiet clapping sound heard on televised golf tournament coverage. Due to the distance between the microphone and the crowd, the golf clap sounds like a nearby crowd of people clapping at minimal volume.

1. He dropped his fully-loaded cafeteria tray, breaking all the dishes. Naturally, we gave him a golf clap.

2. We cheered Sue as she crossed the marathon's finish line 8 days later with a hearty golf clap.

by Joan Touzet Feb 13, 2004 share this add a video

2. golf clap 234 up, 134 down

Originally, "golf clap" was used to mean a sarcastic applause, for example the kind of applause that is given when someone drops their food tray in a cafeteria. However, it is increasingly being used to mean a sincere show of appreciation, especially on FARK.COM.

"That is a great link! Golf clap to the person who submitted it."

by webgrunt May 25, 2005 share this add a video

3. golf clap 90 up, 79 down

A quiet clap appropriate for a golf course. On fark.com, implies a certain level of sarcasm in the applause.

He wanted us to be impressed. I showed him just how impressed I was with the golf clap.

Ned bought you flowers ? :o

Yes, and you'd better hustle yourself back out in the cold and get some for Val;) :baiting:

This room could use a few flowers, lol...too much dark stuff...here...

adventurelotsflowers015.jpg

Yes, and you'd better hustle yourself back out in the cold and get some for Val;) :baiting:

This room could use a few flowers, lol...too much dark stuff...here...

adventurelotsflowers015.jpg

I got Val flowers and chocolates :blush: